For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

Beware of Sohfast.com!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 04:58 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of Sohfast.com!!!!

This is just to let everyone know about some shady deals from Sohfast.com

Back in August I threw a rod in my GSR at the street races. I looked everywhere for longblocks, but no one would sell
me one, they wanted to sell it as a whole swap which is not what i needed. Anyways, i ran across Sohfast.com and
found out that he was parting out a 95 GSR, and was willing to sell me just the block. He seemed pretty legit.
He always respond very quickly to any qusetions I had, so I bought the block without check the serial
numbers ( stupid ). Everything seemed okay until two days ago. I got a visit from the freaking F.B.I.
The agent came out and took some pictures, took down the serial numbers, and took a statement from me. He
told me that he is going to check out the numbers and if it ends up being stolen, i might have my engine
confiscated. This is Bullshit

Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know about Sohfast. I will be updating this post whenever they get back to me.
I hear about people being ripped off all the time on the classified boards, but this just goes to show that even though
they look and sound like a proffesional buisness, they still might be a bunch of crooks. I don't know if Jerome is guilty
or not, but what the hell am I supposed to think when the F.B.I. comes knocking at my door. If anyone has ever been
in this type of situation could you give me some advice.
Old 06-20-2001, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (RevHardGSR)

sorry for your troubles with your engine. i once got a hot motor from a freaking shop in FL. but i lucked out. CHP and insurance company let me keep it for a small fee. cuz the motor was in my car already and running. so they didn't want to bother with yanking it back out. unless they really wanted it back. then they will take it back no matter what. i learn to never trust shops and certain people. weather it's buying or selling it doesn't matter. i play it safe now!
Old 06-20-2001, 07:44 PM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was he in a black suit with black glasses?
Old 06-20-2001, 07:53 PM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sohfast is probably still under investigation and they took his records to check every motor and/or block that he has ever sold.

There was a big huge story about this a few months ago. Do a search for it to find out the scoop.

FYI: I've never had problems with sohfast and I've bought several things from him (no engines though).
Old 06-21-2001, 12:13 AM
New User

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (Todd00)

[Modified by slowerthanu, 2:45 PM 6/24/2001]
Old 06-21-2001, 12:34 AM
New User

I still have the article kicking around its in 2 parts pretty big to lazy to bring them down to size.
http://fmeghji.tripod.com/jerome.jpg http://fmeghji.tripod.com/jerome2.jpg

Dont know how it turned out??

Old 06-21-2001, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My buddy Bryan from E-Klass, a JDM club here in Ohio but a 99si motor swap from Sohfast about 8 months ago.

The FBI just came and picked up his motor about 3 weeks ago. He's out $3800.

Old 06-21-2001, 05:07 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (gigantor)

I have a bunch of stuff off jerome over the years and he has always been a dependable and upstanding person in all my dealings...enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt here. dealing in the volume of parts he does its not unconceivable that somebody slipped him some stolen stuff along the line and maybe its catching up to him...maybe he knew about it and maybe he didn't. I have no way to know. One thing i do know is that if anybody bought something from him w/o having any reason to know it was not legit then they have full rights to ownership and there is no confiscation going on...that is BS. something else I learned in law school: people are innocent until proven guilty in this country.

dw
Old 06-21-2001, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (davew)

from the lectures that the CHP gave me when he found out i had a hot motor. he clearly stated even if i paid 10k for the motor. it doesn't matter. if the insurance company wants it back. they'll get it back no matter what. that's something i truly went thru on my own. so i know wha'ts up. i dont know about other laws in other states but in CA that's how it is. i paid 3k for the motor and then another $100 to the insurance company so i legally own the motor finally. lots of shops are very shady either way!
Old 06-21-2001, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (Arturbo)

Don't trust Sohfast!
Old 06-21-2001, 06:41 AM
Corr Performance Pilot

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (420TegLS)

I have bought plenty of things from Jerome and I have never had any problems with the authorities. I have speak with him on a daily basis. This is what he said about this topic that i forwarded to him.

I remember that motor... it didn't come from Thomas. That guy has nothing to worry about
I have nothing but good things to say about Jerome.
Old 06-21-2001, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (MouhadIb)

That why I tell everyone who buys a motor from me to run the VIN on carfax before they pick it up. You can never be to sure....chris
Old 06-21-2001, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!!

I don't know about anyone else but I believe Jerome IS a LEGIT guy and that his business is LEGIT. from my understanding about the whole situation going on with him and the authorities is that he was set-up by someone who did shady delaings with cars [ stealing cars... chopping them up... selling parts ].
Now I know from past dealings Jerome was [ and still is ] more than willing to provide the VIN from where a motor came from so you can check if it for yourself to see if it is legit or not.
Last I heard Jerome has shelled out well over $20k for lawyer/court fees and is going to end up shelling out much more $$ to protect himself and business just because some low life car thief sold him parts which was said to be legit.
But as the last post says, run the VIN before you buy a swap!

PS: Craftyvtec is a legit guy too! He sold a motor to a friend of mine a few months back... he has good service... and no BSing about parts!
Old 06-21-2001, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (EGinNJ)

I just got a email from jerome explaining what happened(he also included court doc's) He was set-up....Jerome is 100% legit....
Old 06-21-2001, 08:25 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (Craftyvtec)

Yeah, I got that email as well. Like I said, sohfast.com always provided quick service to me. I'd buy from him again without blinking.
Old 06-21-2001, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (Todd00)

I've bought a bunch of parts from Sohfast, and I've never had a problem with the service he's provided. My friend was not so lucky however.

I was very suprised to hear what happened with Jerome. But I won't buy anything from Sohfast again, and I will continue to tell other people not to buy from Sohfast until he makes good on the motors he's sold.

He may be a great guy, but my friend is still out $3500.

Old 06-21-2001, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (gigantor)

i have bought stuff from sohfast before and had no problems..... i even bought a motor from him and everything went fine except one thing. i bought a 96' b18c1 motor from him but the vin# he gave me said the motor was from a 4-door LS. i just hope no FBI agents come knockin on my door and then i'm asked out on a motor and couple grand...
Old 06-21-2001, 10:05 AM
Corr Performance Pilot

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (Craftyvtec)

I just got a email from jerome explaining what happened(he also included court doc's) He was set-up....Jerome is 100% legit....
Yeah chek this out. He sent this to me not to long ago and I wanted to post it up so everyone can see what is going on. They are trying to make him a martyr for someone else.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/45e44...7cng7AD0MQbrNG

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/45e44...7cng7AqAMyhrx_

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/45e44...7cng7AIZEBnETR

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/45e44...7cng7Ae2dtQ1CL
Old 06-21-2001, 10:44 AM
New User

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (MouhadIb)

Well I got a call from the F.B.I. this morning again and guess what it, it came back STOLEN. Whether or not Jerome knew about
this I don't know. The car was stolen 2/28/99 and recovered 3/2/99 totally stripped. So as of now my engine belongs
to the Insurance company. Hopefully they won't confiscate it from me, but we will see.

[Modified by RevHardGSR, 11:53 AM 6/21/2001]
Old 06-21-2001, 11:11 AM
Corr Performance Pilot

another quote from Jerome about your engine...

that is BULLSHIT... it was one of the engines the cops sold me... it was a recovered engine donated to the WSP... so it's not stolen... it's legit.
Old 06-21-2001, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I got a call from the F.B.I. this morning again and guess what it, it came back STOLEN. Whether or not Jerome knew about
this I don't know. The car was stolen 2/28/99 and recovered 3/2/99 totally stripped. So as of now my engine belongs
to the Insurance company. Hopefully they won't confiscate it from me, but we will see.
oh **** dude...hey man, its brian from extreme redline...

i saw you got pulled over sunday at military...does this have to do with that or what? that sucks man....i always heard sohfast was a good place to get engines, glad i got this info...sorry to hear about all this man...let me know what happens
Old 06-21-2001, 11:47 AM
New User

I also recieved the email from Jerome with the attached court documents. All I can say is there seems to be alot of stolen motors that came from his business dont know if he really knew but it seems he has been investigated by the police/fbi which leads me to believe that if his business is still up and running then he must be legit or they would have shut his business down sohfast.

just my 2 pennies
Old 06-21-2001, 06:24 PM
New User

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (Wandering)

I got his E-mail and I will still buy from him.
Old 06-21-2001, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (slowerthanu)

even if jerome is innocent, that doesn't do anything for the people who payed their hard earned money for motors that were confiscated.... i'm still worried about my ****.
Old 06-22-2001, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (blaze)

I'm sure there's going to be some kinda of settlement somewhere about the motors that were sold to Jerome as legit by a 3rd party but turned out being stolen. What's the law on what happens when someone sells you a part that is really stolen but was sold to you as legit?.. Anyone know?
This case is pretty serious since the FBI is involved! Sheesh

Quick Reply: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!!