Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

Allstar and his attempt of jipping me

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Allstar and his attempt of jipping me

I sold 4 Rota circuit 8's on here w/ tires. They went for 430 plus the shipping exspense over to WA. Total was 530. the tires had 60% tread and 80% tread. I measured and took pictures of ALL the tires. Even to show him the tread I measured the tires w/ a penny. I belive the tires were wrapped in Z rated nitto's. So This was a pretty decent price for 4 rota's that were in excellent shap and tires. I did advise that some of the rims had minor scratches. I receive payment, once paypal went through and cut me the check, I had mailed the rims 2 days later through UPS. The rims went out, and now he recieved the rims. He e-mails me saying he wants $50 because of the tires. I say no this is absurd. So he threatens to advise teken of this problem and show everyone online the pics of the rims and tires. This is completely fine w/ me. I'm not refunding $50 to this person. I already offered a REFUND for the rims, but I'm not paying $110 shipping. There's no way i'm losing money on this deal. So allstar it's up to you, I will gladly take the rims back MINUS the shipping charges. People beware of who you get involved w/ when selling or buying. This guy is trying to stick it to me, and i didn't even buy, i was seling a item
Old 11-08-2002, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (98civicEX)

That's all fine and dandy, but how about not posting that kind of personal information on the Internet? I'm sure all of us would prefer that kind of courtesy.

B96v6
Old 11-08-2002, 10:23 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (B96v6)

[Modified by Emerica, 11:46 AM 11/8/2002]
Old 11-08-2002, 10:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (Emerica)

yeah dude thats fucked up and I would take that out right now. HE DIDN'T RIP YOU OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You showed him pictures and everything. It's his fault. Dont refund him any money, take his personal info off this site, and don't worry about it.

If Teken gets involved, I wouldn't worry about it. He had every oportunity to ask for more pictures. He was content with the pictures you sent him. It's his fault.

You shoulnd't come out of pocket one red cent.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (tonyxcom)

you guys, that's not his info, that's from another scammer that has ripped me off...that is entirely different...and that info is staying up..that has been in my sig since i've been a member....btw that information was taking off the net, so what comes off the net can stay on the net...anyone can get access to that information.

[Modified by 98civicEX, 11:41 AM 11/8/2002]
Old 11-10-2002, 11:01 PM
New User

I belive the tires were wrapped in Z rated nitto's.

this is funny, these aren't even your rims, that was made obvious to me. They have toyos on them not nittos and have been sitting around for gods knows how long, there was no air pressure at all.

The fucked up part is you lied about the tread, he told me 80% tread and 60% tread but he left out that 2 of them are completely bald with chamber wear

And the picture you sent me of the penny in the tread was taken with the penny on the outside of the tire, you didn't show the chamber wear on the inside you lying misleading pos.

The tread is not 80% and 60%, its 2% and 40%. Lying to HT members is not cool ***, I'm not gonna send them back and eat 2 shipping charges from WA to FL. You seem to think accepting a refund is good gesture?

98civicex is not a best seller and his quote under his name is misleading and should be removed! I will have pics up to prove it!

and it was the worst packaging job I ever saw. I wasn't even gonna go public with our situation but since you started a thread I will post pics of the garbage you sold me and quotes from you about what it was supposed to be.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (Allstar)

(5:32 PM 11/6/2002) 98civicEX: send the rims back. send them through UPS and i must receive within 2 weeks. I will refund your $

(11:24 PM 11/7/2002) Allstar: your gonna refund both shipping expenses rather than pay me the 50 bucks? Come on dude, the 50 bucks is fare, you never said 2 of them where completely bald. I don't want to drive on these tires.

(9:12 AM 11/8/2002) 98civicEX: they aren't completely bald, and there's no way i'm refunding shipping exspenses! that's absurd. If you don't want to drive on them, then don't, send them back to me, and i'll drive on them.

(9:25 AM 11/8/2002) 98civicEX: the tires have 60% and 80% tread. send me back the rims and tires, I will GLADLY take them...

(12:19 PM 11/8/2002) Allstar: I will have pics and quotes up on HT by tomorrow afternoon because we are not talking about the same tires! Again, your pictures where misleading and you lied. And thanks for leaving out that 2 of them are COMPLETELY BALD with chamber wear. 60 and 80....LMAO

(12:27 PM 11/8/2002) 98civicEX: not a problem w/ me.

(12:28 PM 11/8/2002) 98civicEX: like i said, i'm offering a refund. if you're not happy w/ that then keep the tires...i'm not here to send something then WORK out another deal that's just rediculious...send me back the tires if you're unhappy.

(12:45 PM 11/8/2002) Allstar: next time, don't exaggerate the tread. And you offering to buy them back is not a good gesture seeing as I'm paying 2x for shipping. 2 chambered tires are usless. Even if they have tread on the outside it doesn't matter because once its worn through on the inside there done. When these tires blow out they will still have tread on the outside. If I knew they where chambered I wouldn't of bought them. send me 50 bucks, thats fair and you KNOW IT.

(2:04 PM 11/8/2002) 98civicEX: shipping isn't coming out of my pocket...i'm not taking a loss when i'm selling something....sorry it doesn't work that way.

(2:06 PM 11/8/2002) 98civicEX: i'm working with you on this, but i'm not seling those rims W/ tires for $380, plus i spent money on those boxes. $6 each...i'm not letting those great rims and tires go for $368. now you know that's absurd!!!

(2:06 PM 11/8/2002) 98civicEX: you're not getting any sort of refund of any kind.

(11:11 PM 11/8/2002) Allstar: One of the rims isn't holding air.
your very own thread will up tomorrow.

(10:33 AM 11/9/2002) 98civicEX: so let me understand this, you put on the rims drive around, now you're blaming me for one of them not holding air...sorry buddy, nice try...i mailed you 4 perfectly fine rims and tires.

(6:52 PM 11/9/2002) Allstar: nice try, you think I'm lying> **** YOU, I can see where its bent. You had it on the rear drivers side. Are these even your rims?

(8:26 AM 11/10/2002) 98civicEX: "**** you", nice choice of words, get back to me when you want to act civil.

(12:09 AM 11/11/2002) Allstar: I'm done being civil and I have no reason to get back to you. Please respond to my comments on your post. You are a worhtless nickle and dime hustling bitch.

Powered by zeroforum 2.0.5a (siva). ©2002 zeroforum.com.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:57 AM

i have acted completely civil in this matter...and of course there's no air pressure int the tires...it weighs less when i sent them, SO I COMPLETELU DEFLATED THE TIRES... anyone who has sent rims and tires knows to deflate the tires...it's COMMON sense. I have offered many many many times to take back the rims and tires. You obivously don't want to, i assume it's because you're already driving on them. You're not getting a $50 refund from me. Because that was never part of the deal. I showed you pictures of the rims and tires. And i'm done dealing with you. Seeing how you don't want to return the rims and tires, i'm done with this...i had no intention to sell my rota's and tires for $368... and that's not what you're getting them for!
Old 11-11-2002, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would be pissed if you sent me a pic of a penny in the only good tread part of the tire. Sounds like you intensionally misled Allstar. What about the bald side? I want to see pics.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (Dr Pooface)

the penny went in the tire that was the worse one,
I would be pissed if you sent me a pic of a penny in the only good tread part of the tire. Sounds like you intensionally misled Allstar. What about the bald side? I want to see pics.
the pennny went in the tire that was the worse tire. There would of been no point showing the better ones, so i picked the worst tire out of the 4, which still had IMO 60% tread. I also showed it to some friends and asked how much tread was on there, they replied it was a grip....i did everything short of taking it to a tire shop and asking them.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:19 AM

and of course there's no air pressure int the tires...it weighs less when i sent them
Now that's some funny stuff right there.

Both sides should post their pics so we can see who's telling the truth.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

...and of course there's no air pressure int the tires...it weighs less when i sent them, SO I COMPLETELU DEFLATED THE TIRES...
I didn't know air weighed that much?

Old 11-11-2002, 09:28 AM

First off, 98civicEX is good on his word. He aint the type of person to rip anyone off weather its $5 or $5,000!! It is common sense to deflate the tires so they weigh less. You gotta be the most stupid person to complain about that shi*! Thats still a good deal even if the tires were ok or not so stop being alittle bitch. Secondly, learn how to spell, its not chamber wear its camber wear. Get your **** straight before you even start to complain on someone. 98civicEX your still a good person in my mind weather it matters to you or not because your an honest person and you make sure people get there stuff on time and in good condition!

[Modified by Panda EK, 6:29 PM 11/11/2002]
Old 11-11-2002, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (Panda EK)

I have sold two items to 98CivicEX and have had absolutely no problems in dealing with him. 98CivicEX gets from me.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (AresB18C1Turbo)

I just bought an Intake mani from 98civicex he's a pretty cool he keeps me updated about my stuff... The MO should be arriving pretty soon...
Old 11-11-2002, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (4thGSi)

post up pics so we can judge who the bad guy is..
Old 11-11-2002, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (Morphious)

post up pics so we can judge who the bad guy is..
Old 11-11-2002, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It is common sense to deflate the tires so they weigh less. You gotta be the most stupid person to complain about that shi*!

Secondly, learn how to spell, its not chamber wear its camber wear.
It's ironic how you call him stupid for complaining on little shi* like air in the tires, but criticize him for his spelling.

So where are the pics?
Old 11-11-2002, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

98civicEX is good in my book also...

I would love to see pics also
Old 11-11-2002, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (paul_vang)

Im going to have to roll on Allstars side. Its easy to mislead someone on the thread of tires. it happened to me as well. i just think people these days dont care, they just want a free dollar in there hand! BOO! And 98civicEX is just posting up there conversation to make it seem like Allstar is not civil and is out of control but think about it, if i got some messed up tires i would be too. He just wants to make it look like hes the bad guy! And even though thats not me in your sig, that is some really messed up stuff posting other peoples info like that!

[Modified by NytRyder2k1, 8:03 PM 11/11/2002]
Old 11-11-2002, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (NytRyder2k1)

post pics..thats it
Old 11-11-2002, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (cr00klyn718)

post pics..thats it
Old 11-11-2002, 01:07 PM

It is common sense to deflate the tires so they weigh less.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What in the hell? Am I the only one that knows that air doesn't way anything? The tire will weigh the same weather it is inflated or deflated. And unless you took it and tried to compact it into a tighter space it isn't gonna be any smaller in size either. Air doesn't weigh anything people damn. It is simply pressure.
Old 11-11-2002, 01:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (Extreme_Hybrid_Hatch)

Actually compressed air does weigh something.

From ask jeeves
how much does the air in a basic car tire weigh?
someone at my work was ordering tires and having them ground mailed. he asked me if he would save money on shipping if they shipped without the air in them. i told him that the weight was negligible. but it did get me wondering just how much does the air weigh.

basic 15" rim @ 30 lb/sq.in.

ive search the net and done some work on it myself but am unhappy with my results. the best i found online was that the air in a tire "doesn't weigh much." any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.----jason klingele

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm delivering this answer off the top of my head, since I don't have any hard information on the dimensions of a typical automobile tire, but I am using the following estimates:
Total weight of tire + wheel + air ~60 lbs = ~30 kg
Inside diameter of tire 15" = ~40 cm = 4 dm
Outside diameter of tire (actually the space inside the tire) 21" = ~50 cm = 5 dm
Width of wheel 6" = ~15 cm = 1.5 dm
Pressure inside the tire 30 psi = ~ 2 bar (that is, twice "standard" pressure)
Temperature 25° C ("standard" temperature)
(I'm using dm = decimeters for length because I want to measure volume in liters, that is, cubic decimeters.)
Air, at "standard temperature and pressure" (STP), has a molar volume of 22.4 liters and an average molar mass of 29 grams, that is, one mole of air masses 29 grams and takes up 22.4 liters at STP. Since we're estimating a pressure of twice "standard," the volume of 29 grams of air will be only 11.2 liters.

To get the mass of air, we need the volume inside the tire. For that we use the volume difference between two cylinders, one representing the wheel and the other representing the tire mounted on the wheel. The volume of a cylinder is given by

V = p × radius2 × height

Remember that radius is diameter ¸ 2. For the wheel, the volume is given by
p × (4 dm ¸ 2)2 × 1.5 dm = 19 liters (cubic decimeters).

For the tire mounted on the wheel, the total volume is given by
p × (5 dm ¸ 2)2 × 1.5 dm = 29 liters (cubic decimeters).

The volume difference is just 10 liters, which means that the air in the tire will mass about 26 grams, less than 0.1% of the total weight (30 kg = 30,000 g) we estimated for the tire + the wheel.
Because of buoyancy effects, the air will only weigh 13 grams, less than 0.05%! Also, the thickness of the tire is negligible for our purposes.
If the tire is being shipped alone, though, the air in the package weighs NOTHING--because it's at the same pressure as the surrounding air. This is a buoyancy effect. For explanations of buoyancy, search the MadSci Archives.
Dan Berger
Bluffton College
http://www.bluffton.edu/~bergerd
This means that shipping 4 tires inflated to pressure adds about 2oz's to the shipping weight.

So you are wrong. Air DOES WEIGH SOMETHING.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me (tonyxcom)

tonyxcom

Quick Reply: Allstar and his attempt of jipping me