Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

ALERT!!! Be cautious dealing with "erbinone" dishonest seller alert!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALERT!!! Be cautious dealing with "erbinone" dishonest seller alert!

I would be cautious when dealing with this seller. He's not a scammer/thief but definetly not honest. He e-mailed me last night and told me that he had sold a car with an exhaust that I had paid him for. see this thread https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=648160 . As you can see in this post, I paid him for an exhaust that he was selling. He then posted that the exhaust was sold. Now lemme explain, I'm in Norcal I told him that my buddy would be picking up the exhaust for me. He said no problem.
Now, my buddy lives about 90 miles from him but was making a trip to his area and called him to come by and pick up the exhaust. He said he was on his way back to the house to pull the exhaust off of the car. Now when my buddy got in his area he gave him a call, he gave him some kind of story that he had not had a chance to pull it off the car but that he'd start on it immediately and that he'd have it off by the time he got there. My buddy get's there and he says he still hasn't taken it off because he's trying to sell the car and wants to have an exhaust on there while his prospective buyer came by to look at the car, after that he would remove it and call my buddy and drop it off to him. My buddy calls him and gets no answer, leaves a message and gets no return call. (keep in mind my buddy is going out of his way to do me a favor). He never calls my buddy, I call him he apologizes and says that he will drop it off at my buddy's work. I call him yesterday and he says the exhaust is definantly off the car and that he is waiting for a kid to come by and purchase the Integra and after that he stated again that he would be enroute to drop off my exhaust that he already accepted payment for. I called him yesterday afternoon, he says he's still waiting for his buyer and that he will call me back. I never recieve a call. I call him and get no answer. I get home and check my e-mail and he says "I'm sorry I sold the car with the exhaust on it". and he refunds half of my paypal money. And says the other half will be refunded today. No courtesy call.

I call a couple of time this morning, no answer. I see him on-line and send him a PM to let him know what he did was wrong and to ask if he's sent the other half of my money. He doesn't reply to my PM's and he signs off h-t. I call with a blocked number and he finally answers the phone, give me some story that the kid wouldn't buy the car from him unless he included the my exhaust with it and that he didn't want to lose the sale of $7,000.00.

First of all when you sell something you no longer own it, even if it's still in your possesion and the buyer or in my case the buyer's agent has made several attempts to obtain the product but get's the run around. He had my money for almost a week, but didn't release the product. Then sells it to someone else. If the kid wouldn't buy the car without the exhaust then he needed to go a)find another buyer for the car or b)buy the kid an exhaust to replace the one that was already sold and spoken for. He did neither that's why this seller gets a from me, I just want all other h-t members to be aware before dealing with this cat. He didn't even offer me anything for my inconvenience. Just a "here's your money back, see ya wouldn't want to be ya" reply.

And to add insult to injury, I found an RSR exhaust that someone else on the board was selling, but I was already commited to buy this guys exhaust, if he would have told me that he was gonna "****" me I coulda bought the exhaust that I really wanted. But just my luck when I PM the guy selling the RSR this morning, it comes back sold. So Roger Soto you get the big thumbs down for being a shiesty seller. You screwed/lied and fucked with the wrong guy and I'm gonna haunt your for the rest of your days on this board.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ALERT!!! Be cautious dealing with "erbinone" dishonest seller alert! (CrxSi707)

that sucks BIGTIME I went(& am still going) through a very similar situation. I paid an "un-named" member here 1350.00 to ship me volks off his car. It took him two weeks to finally (i thought) get them out to me - after he repeatedly told me they where going out that day or the next (atleast 5 times) ...I kept asking for the tracking number & he had a different (or same) excuse everytime ("he left it at work again")- I told him get me the ******* tracking #. Finally a week after he said he sent it he got me the tracking numbers & guess what he sent them out THAT day (a week after he told me repeatedly he HAD SENT THEM) - he had been LYING TO ME THE WHOLE TIME - I am waiting to get them this week. the agreed upon price was 1200.00 + shipping, he told me shipping was 109.00 UPS - I paid him (without him asking) 1350.00 total - extra to be used to package the rims so there is NO chance them gettin' scratched...GOD help him if they are F'd up when the get here....

TTT to remind sellers NOT to slack off....& definitely don't LIE ABOUT SH*T, stick to your word
Old 10-21-2003, 12:26 PM

Default Re: ALERT!!! Be cautious dealing with "erbinone" dishonest seller alert! (adirondackR)

I feel ya, my reputation on this board means alot to me, and I wouldn't want to be associated with these guys, we need to weed these people off our board. Hope you get either your rims (in desired condition) or your money back.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did u get your other half?
Old 10-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ALERT!!! Be cautious dealing with "erbinone" dishonest seller alert! (CrxSi707)

Bump

To The Top
Old 10-21-2003, 01:12 PM

Default Re: (stock93cx)

OK, ...... money was returned to this person in full when I promised.... even early cuz I said by 11:30 totady and by 11:00 this morning I already had sent it back! I didn't answer his calls because he was calling before I had gotten up and when I get up.,.. then I turn on my cell phone. I didn't accept the second part of the paytment of $75 from paypal that he sent ( sent $75, 2 payment for a total of $150) because I wasn't sure if this kid was gonna go through w/ the sale of the car. Now, risk a $7,800 sale for $150 exhaust.... I don't think so. I'm sorry if your mad at me for doing this but in no way was I dishonest or trying to scam you. I've dealt w/ allot of people on here and never once have tried to pull a fast one on them. Roger Soto

CRXsi707 is just a very bitter person. Now, I'm sorry for putting you through all this trouble but I'd rather sell my car and profit &7,800 than to profit $150 from an exhaust! I am not dishonest because I did the honest thing and returned all money as promissed and even explained to you the situation this morning and I know you posted this after we had talked so your just being bitter about this and trying to get revenge!
Old 10-21-2003, 01:19 PM

Default Re: (erbinone)

copy of the PM I got this morning:

(5:32 PM 10/21/2003) CrxSi707: Roger have you paypal'd my money back to me yet?

(5:42 PM 10/21/2003) CrxSi707: Roger, first you give me and my buddy the run around, you tell me you'll call me back but don't, I get screwed on the exhaust, you don't refund all my money at once and now you won't answer your phone, I see you're "online" onhonda-tech and now you're not returning my PM. If you'd like to protect your reputation on h-t, I need you to first call me @ 707-280-1025 and paypal my money back today!

(6:58 PM 10/21/2003) erbinone: Ok, I talked to you already this morning... right now at 11:00 when I logged back on to h-tech I get this pm and I already sent you the rest of your money. I think this problem is settled right Brian?
Old 10-21-2003, 02:23 PM

Bottom line:The exhaust was sold. You had already profited the $150.00 on it. It no longer was yours to sell, dude you even said it yourself in your post. Do I have to go and copy and paste your comment of "thanks for the quick payment brian, look I even modified the post SOLD!".

Day one: my buddy called you to pick up the exhaust as I stated you said "i'm sorry I had to run up to Sacramento to pick up a car. You didn't stick to your word then.

SAT: my buddy was at your house with the remainder of the payment on Saturday to pick up the exhaust as you had told him he could on the phone that very morning. He drove all the way to your place only to be turned away because you hadn't taken it off the car yet. He then called you a few times that day after that and you did not answer,he even left you a VM no return call. You didn't keep your word then.

I thought o.k. i'll give this guy the benifit of the doubt, as he's trying to sell two other cars I don't think he'll scam me on the exhaust, and paypaled you the remainder of the payment yesterday morning and called you. You said "thanks for the payment I'm at my girls house and I'm gonna take a shower and go drop it off at your buddies work with a guy named Frank". I called Frank late in the afternoon and asked him if you had dropped off the exhaust as we were all expecting. Again you didn't keep your word.

I called you and said "I just talked to Frank and he says you didn't come by and drop of ****, I'm calling to see whatsup?" you said "I'm sorry this kid came by and gave me a $2,000.00 deposit for my integra and he's lagging on coming back with the rest of the money, so I'm basically stuck here right now, but as soon as he comes I'll shoot over there and deliver the exhaust". I said "my buddy is going out of his way to help me out here and to stop giving me the run around" You said "I'm sorry, I'm just waiting for this "******"(exact quote) to come and pick up this car, lemme call him right now and I'll call you back". I never got a call. Again you didn't keep your work about dropping off the exhaust or calling me to let me know what's going on.

also: I call again about 6:30 last night to see why you didn't call me back (by this time I had a gut feeling your were lyin your *** off or planned on scammin me). But I get no answer. I call again around 10:00 again no answer. So it's not like you tried at all to keep me informed of what was going on, I had to keep hounding you over and over again beginning last week. I think you lied and the exhaust was never off of the car. You weren't answering your phone, I own a cell phone too and as many can contest and I experienced it once during my many calls to you, that if your cell phone isn't on when someone calls it goes straight to voicemail, not ring 5 times then go to voicemail. Since yesterday afternoon you would only answer calls if I called with a blocked/private number. On top of that if you turned your cell phone on when you wake up then you should have answered my first few calls this morning as I saw that you were on line w/h-t. But again I got your vm after 5 rings. So we can eliminate that excuse. I also PM'ed you about my money this morning after I seen that you logged into h-t still got no response, so no I posted that IM before I called with a blocked number and you gave me the sob story.

I shouldn't have had to wait to get my other half of my money back until this morning, if you felt you could still have sold the exhaust the first payment should have been still sitting in your paypal account ready to refund to me, obviously you withdrew the money which furthermore proves my point once you accept the money the item is sold!

Never once during our conversation yesterday about why you hadn't dropped off the exhaust yet and that you were waiting on the guy to come pick up the car did you mention that "the kid wanted the exhaust". You had the opportunity but didn't "man up" and say something about it. Face it buddy the cards are stacked against you and there's nothing you can say to justify your greedy/shiesty actions. Nor once did you offer any other solution to try and remedy the problem or the hassle you put me and my friends through, let alone keeping my money hostage. once again with Roger Soto a.k.a. erbinone
Old 10-21-2003, 02:26 PM

Default Re: (CrxSi707)

Ok, first off.... I "Profitted" $75 cuz I never collected or transferred the remaing $75 that you sent me. I refunded it straight back to you. I'm done talking about this. If you don't want to deal w/ me .... fine. If you want good deals on parts.... buy from me. Sorry the deal w/ you didn't go through.... you didn't get scammmed or ripped in any way man. Roger Soto

I didn't answer calls yesterday from 6-10 because I was at my Microsoft Excell class and I turn my phone off while I'm in school....

Greaddy yes,.... everyone is!....a sheist or a scammer.... never... I was honest and did what I had to do to fix the situation. You can throw mud and try to ruin my rep. people that have dealt w/ me know what's up and don't think that your big talk will stop me from selling parts or cars bro.

Old 10-21-2003, 02:37 PM

Hey Roger what is with the major run around, you should of bought the other kid an exhaust or stuck with your word that the exhaust was sold already, that is just a **** poor excuse of handling that situation. I feel for you Brian. there goes another name on my list of "don't buy from that dude"
Old 10-21-2003, 02:39 PM

The only way you can make it better and make me satisifed is to get me my exhaust or one exactly like it. Just like you should have, either sold the car without the exhaust or bought the kid a new exhaust if it was gonna make or break your deal. Now he got what he wanted, you got what you wanted and both at my expense. You get me a greddy exhaust for a 94-99 GSR or even RSR for that fact, I'll give you $150.00 and we'll wash this thing all away, I'll retract all my comments and even vouch that you are a man of your word from there on.........

There, this is your opportunity to be a man of your word and remedy the situation, let see what you can do with it!
Old 10-21-2003, 02:44 PM

I don't owe you **** Brian .... you got your money and you managed to pissed me off already. Find yourself another exhaust and that's it. I made the sale for the car & the kid was insistant on that exhaust so I threw it in. I don't care if your mad or whatvetr about it. You got your money back and we are square now. Don't deal w/ me again.... that's fine. People who have dealt w/ me and wish to continue dealing w/ me fine, and those that don't want to just because of one bitter guy, that's fine too. I'm done w/ this ****!
Old 10-21-2003, 02:45 PM

I went through the same situation. It doesnt matter how much you appoligize he wont get over it.
People make mistakes but they wont drop it unless it happens to them.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:46 PM

Default Re: (bonnieornelas)

same situation like what?? w/ crxsi707??
Old 10-21-2003, 02:48 PM

No, I sold an exhaust to another fello H-T member and I didnt know my husband had sold it, and now supposedly I am a bad seller. I have been selling here for a long time and this time, now all my treads get screwed up as a bad seller.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

crxsi707 ive done some dealings with ERBINONE, i dont understand why you are so mad.... he sold the car with the exhaust on it and returned your money.... its not like he sold the exhaust to someone else and jacked you for your money .... yea sometimes deals go bad, LIVE WITH IT at least you got your freaking money back..... grow up, life goes on you werent shorted a damn thing. so stop crying
Old 10-21-2003, 02:55 PM

Default Re: (importboi22)

Got his money back when promised in full.... I'm a scammer how???
Old 10-21-2003, 02:58 PM

I never even received payment on my part, but now I cant sell **** because of this crap. Good luck
Old 10-21-2003, 02:59 PM

Pissed off I'm beyond pissed off.... you had me pissed off starting yesterday morning, I was just trying to be civil..... obviously something you don't know about. You did far from the right thing. The right thing would have been to give up the exhaust on Fri when my buddy was in your area (you were in sacramento, thats semi understandable) you had another opportunity to do the right thing on Sat when my buddy again was in your area to pick up the exhaust, you chose not to. Yesterday on the phone with me, you had the opportunity to tell me that the kid wanted the exhaust and refund ALL my money, you're broke *** obviously didn't have my money so again you chose not to do the right thing.

Besides that you said that the kid gave you a $2,000.00 deposit so when he came back and said he wouldn't buy the car without the exhaust you could have fucked him like you fucked me and told him that he forfeited the deposit........again another opportunity to semi-do the right thing. Basically you promised two different people a product for which you only had one....... You're writin check your body can't cash son...... when are you gonna man the **** up and finally admit that you were wrong....... because still not once did you admit that..... and as you can see many other people share my opinion.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:01 PM

I hope it doesn't hurt my sales on here but I got people that know me and I didn't scam anyone so whatever.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:03 PM

Bonnie I read your post way before this deal went down and am aware of your situation.... I would understand in your case, since you didn't know your husband had already sold the exhaust, it was an honest mistake.....Roger Soto a.k.a. erbinone on the other hand knew exactly what was going on and failed to relay that to me during the many opportunities that he had. It was not like he would have had to ship or anything, I made it more than convenient for him to turn over the exhaust a few different times...... there's just no way around it he's shiesty! <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bonnieornelas &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I went through the same situation. It doesnt matter how much you appoligize he wont get over it.
People make mistakes but they wont drop it unless it happens to them.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-21-2003, 03:12 PM

So, I'm still a scammer.....??? Gready yes!, look out for my best interest yes!.... not a scammer!
Old 10-21-2003, 03:19 PM

I'm sorry but I hate sellers that waste people's time. Dont post your parts up for sale if your not 100% sure you want to or going to sell it. Simple as that. I say the most F up thing is that Crx's friend had to drive all the way to come pick up the exhaust just to get assed.

Old 10-21-2003, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (importboi22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importboi22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">crxsi707 ive done some dealings with ERBINONE, i dont understand why you are so mad.... he sold the car with the exhaust on it and returned your money.... its not like he sold the exhaust to someone else and jacked you for your money .... yea sometimes deals go bad, LIVE WITH IT at least you got your freaking money back..... grow up, life goes on you werent shorted a damn thing. so stop crying</TD></TR></TABLE>

Perhaps you guys aren't seeing things from crxsi707's position. I'm sure if any of you had made a deal on buying a part and while waiting to receive the part, missed out on another deal because of the seller, you'd be pissed too.

This is just how I personally handle transactions, but if I agree to sell a part to someone, I'll stick to the deal even if I'm offered more by another person. But that's just me.

If you want to look at things from a legal standpoint, I'm a law student and I'd have to say that this situation is a basic breach of contract. There was an offer made, acceptance of the offer and payment, but no delivery of the goods. Unfortunately, for a $150 exhaust, it's not worth it to pursue legal action.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by erbinone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope it doesn't hurt my sales on here but I got people that know me and I didn't scam anyone so whatever.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You may think that you did absolutely nothing wrong in this transaction but what reassurance or guarantee would any future potential buyer have that once they paid you for a part, that they would actually GET it. Going by your theory of greed, if someone else came along and offered you more money for a part already paid for, you'd just refund the money to the original buyer and go with the higher offer. Does that sound like it would instill any faith or confidence in you as a seller?
Old 10-21-2003, 03:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CrxSi707 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there's just no way around it he's shiesty! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Shiest=Not having paid an amount due

Your judgement on this guy should not reflect his seller status....

It seems to me he was trying to make a deal like any salesman

$2000/car or $150/exhaust

I would've sold the car....if you were to pay him in full and he sold the car and never refunded your money then you would be able to call him "shiesty"

Move on with your life

With all these post of how he "screwed" you, you could've found another exhaust already

Quick Reply: ALERT!!! Be cautious dealing with "erbinone" dishonest seller alert!