Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

1988 CRX DX (5 speed) FS in AZ; $2000obo

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 CRX DX (5 speed) FS in AZ; $2000obo

Basically stock '88 Honda CRX DX. The car is not perfect, but is in better than average condition for a daily driven 20 year old car I'd say. The paint is good, but the body has a few small dings here and there No rust to speak of, (which seems to be a problem with these cars). Interior is pretty good except for the front seats, which are useable but a bit ratty. I've got ratty seat covers on it, but a good set of seat covers would make a huge difference.

The car started life as an auto and was converted to 5 speed about a year ago. So the clutch and 3 of the 4 engine mounts are all new. The trans was a sub 100K mi. transmission. The car as a whole has 191K miles on it and runs like a top. All major service has been taken care of. I've owned it for about 2 years and have records from the prev. owner, who put around $3500 into service on the car during the 30K miles that he had it. I've added about 10K miles since that time.

If it matters to anybody, it's an early '88 that has the seat belts on the B pillar and not the door. I'm not a tuner, but a few people have told me that is is a pretty desirable car since it's the lightest of it's generation and body style.

The car is white with blue interior, has the SI front lip, a set of decent 16" aluminum wheels, a glass sunroof, Momo Steering wheel, and Pioneer CD player. The muffler was shot when I got the car, so I bolted on a flomaster. Everything else is stock and works perfectly.

The only service items I'm aware of are the car needs an alignment and is about due for tires.

Overall this car would make a great starting point for an engine swap or just to use as a fun and economical daily driver. I bought it when gas prices were high and driving conservatively, I got mid 30's city mid 40's hwy gas mileage with it.

email for details or photos: scott@hallesservice.com. I don't login much anymore, so if you PM me or respond, it may be a few days before I get back to you.