Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

What Lap Timer/Lap Timer App for KproV4

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default What Lap Timer/Lap Timer App for KproV4

What are folks currently using for lap timers or apps/gps units that integrate with Kprov4? I am looking to put something together and am curious which unit/model/app has been typically used with Kpro.
Thanks!
Old 01-22-2019, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Re: What Lap Timer/Lap Timer App for KproV4

I don't have K series (yet)... but I have used Harrys Lap Timer and will be switching to AIM SOLO (you would want the DL). Harrys lap timer would need to blue tooth to your ECU I think. The AIM SOLO DL should plug in.

In the end it will give you more accurate RPMs/Temps for data overlap to video. Harrys was a little weird when trying to overlay RPMs onto the map tracker (on the phone).
Old 01-22-2019, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kaan
I don't have K series (yet)... but I have used Harrys Lap Timer and will be switching to AIM SOLO (you would want the DL). Harrys lap timer would need to blue tooth to your ECU I think. The AIM SOLO DL should plug in.

In the end it will give you more accurate RPMs/Temps for data overlap to video. Harrys was a little weird when trying to overlay RPMs onto the map tracker (on the phone).
Sweet, Ill check it out! Hoping to get the car together for March Madness @ VIR for some HPDE shakedown.
Thanks!
Old 01-22-2019, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Dublocivic
Sweet, Ill check it out! Hoping to get the car together for March Madness @ VIR for some HPDE shakedown.
Thanks!
I'll be there in my civic ... hopefully passing comp school on Friday to race Honda Challenge H2 Saturday/Sunday. The Honda crew is normally down by the "beach" (aka the sandy area by the lake... come into the paddock and head left... you should see "them." I keep a safe distance because we camp at the track and id like to sleep.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kaan
I'll be there in my civic ... hopefully passing comp school on Friday to race Honda Challenge H2 Saturday/Sunday. The Honda crew is normally down by the "beach" (aka the sandy area by the lake... come into the paddock and head left... you should see "them." I keep a safe distance because we camp at the track and id like to sleep.
Awesome, sent you a pm.