Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

video of civic vs camaro ss held over here in Utah

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default video of civic vs camaro ss held over here in Utah

Hey, this is the hatchback of cortney who works at phantom motorsport with Mark here in SLC, UT. We raced at Midnight Drags held at Rocky Mountain Raceway...

the civic is turbo b18c with b16 head running 18-ish pounds, best ET is 11.4..

this race is of the hatchback racing a NOS'ed Camaro SS. (200 shot jets) and he 'used' to be the fastest here in utah, imports once again take the fastest

enjoy!!

http://utah.dsm.org/video/LocalMatches/CortVSDiaz.mpg
Old 05-19-2002, 09:57 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: video of civic vs camaro ss held over here in Utah (poison)

sounds like he was hitting the rev limmiter for a good 3 seconds.
Old 05-20-2002, 02:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: video of civic vs camaro ss held over here in Utah (mantic6t9)

it was a pretty nice nite. i wish they posted the times on the board....oh well. i was surprised to see how long the line was just to get into the parking lot. (and i thought i was gettin there early)

i dont know if you seen those REX's at the last import shoot out that were pulling 10's and 9's......but i wanna see ol' boy run those guys if they ever come back.
Old 05-20-2002, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Camaro lost that race right on the starting line. He pulled a horrible light.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:58 AM

Default Re: video of civic vs camaro ss held over here in Utah (mantic6t9)

heh, he wasn't hitting the rev limiter, it was Hondata traction control that is that wierd sound

it was a pretty nice nite. i wish they posted the times on the board....oh well. i was surprised to see how long the line was just to get into the parking lot. (and i thought i was gettin there early)
i dont know if you seen those REX's at the last import shoot out that were pulling 10's and 9's......but i wanna see ol' boy run those guys if they ever come back.
xtr last year was bad *** too, im sure he'll run 'em, he's got a few months till this year's XTR day which is on labor day.

I know what ur sayin, i showed up very early and was in line forever and got to race twice between 11 and 2am, kinda shitty, but was a very fun night.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heh, he wasn't hitting the rev limiter, it was Hondata traction control that is that wierd sound

i dont know if you seen those REX's at the last import shoot out that were pulling 10's and 9's......but i wanna see ol' boy run those guys if they ever come back.xtr last year was bad *** too, im sure he'll run 'em, he's got a few months till this year's XTR day which is on labor day.

I know what ur sayin, i showed up very early and was in line forever and got to race twice between 11 and 2am, kinda shitty, but was a very fun night.
so you ran that night? wat were you pulling and wat is your setup......if i am off i will be running next time.....hopefully.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hondata doesn't have traction control.
Old 05-26-2002, 12:41 AM

Default Re: video of civic vs camaro ss held over here in Utah (Crosser)

Camaro lost that race right on the starting line. He pulled a horrible light.
Old 05-26-2002, 02:55 AM

Default Re: video of civic vs camaro ss held over here in Utah (G3-TEG)

Hondata doesn't have traction control.
No, but they have a form of launch control, and also their full-throttle shift thing could make that kind of sound. More info on Hondata's site...these features are on the Stage 3 setup.
Old 05-26-2002, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: video of civic vs camaro ss held over here in Utah (meept)

No, but they have a form of launch control, and also their full-throttle shift thing could make that kind of sound. More info on Hondata's site...these features are on the Stage 3 setup.
Their "launch control" and "full-throttle shift" option by no means infer's any type of traction control.

The "launch control" is a means of maintaining a predetermined RPM while staged at the tree thus making the launch RPMs consistent from run to run.

The "full-throttle shift" simply allows one to keep the throttle at WOT during a shift thus one does not need to lift off the pedal during a shift.

Old 05-26-2002, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: video of civic vs camaro ss held over here in Utah (G3-TEG)

Sweet race! Haha...how long was he on the rev limiter?
Old 05-27-2002, 09:02 AM

Default Re: video of civic vs camaro ss held over here in Utah (dirtySOHC's)

so you ran that night? wat were you pulling and wat is your setup......if i am off i will be running next time.....hopefully.
ya i ran that night, i have the black civic (1993) that was on blacks that night.
I only ran twice because the lines were so big and I spent the night there pretty much in the lines waiting to race and hung out there pushing my car foward in the lanes. I'm still running on my stock d16z6 motor with a fawked up tranny and over 200,000 miles on the damn thing, yet I do a compression test on the motor and i got 180,180,130,130 -- very strange results. I still managed to pull a 16.8 (EXTREMELY SLOW) and my friggin gears wouldn't catch when I shift.

I ordered an H22A from Mark at JDMClub.com in early March, and is taking forever to get here, and I'm still waiting for the damn thing.
Old 05-27-2002, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this might be a little off the topic, but there is a street driven 96 hatchback in boise that has ran 10.6, and he hasnt even used his nitrous yet (still breaking in his enging) he has a full interior and everything, i'll try to get a video of him
Old 05-27-2002, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya i ran that night, i have the black civic (1993) that was on blacks that night.
I only ran twice because the lines were so big and I spent the night there pretty much in the lines waiting to race and hung out there pushing my car foward in the lanes. I'm still running on my stock d16z6 motor with a fawked up tranny and over 200,000 miles on the damn thing, yet I do a compression test on the motor and i got 180,180,130,130 -- very strange results. I still managed to pull a 16.8 (EXTREMELY SLOW) and my friggin gears wouldn't catch when I shift.

I ordered an H22A from Mark at JDMClub.com in early March, and is taking forever to get here, and I'm still waiting for the damn thing.
sucks man you been wating on your motor for so long. oh well good luck on the swap. yah that compression test results are pretty off you should check it out. still a pretty good time tho.

you goin to test and tune this wednesday? imma try and get out there if i can get my bottle filled and get my tires put back on my gsr's. i wanna see how my car runs before i take it out on friday...........
Old 05-27-2002, 07:36 PM

Default Re: video of civic vs camaro ss held over here in Utah (dirtySOHC's)

sucks man you been wating on your motor for so long. oh well good luck on the swap. yah that compression test results are pretty off you should check it out. still a pretty good time tho.

you goin to test and tune this wednesday? imma try and get out there if i can get my bottle filled and get my tires put back on my gsr's. i wanna see how my car runs before i take it out on friday...........
ya, i hope to get it soon, it's gettin on my nerves and friends are startin to think i got fux0red over, but i don't think i did, just takin a lil longer. compression results are wierd, don't matter to me if the h22 will come soon. so, what car u running? im assumin ur runnin 96-98 ex motor with laughin gas eh?

ima try and make it to test and tune to see some people and what they run, i get paid on friday and until then am broke hehe. o wells, we'll see how it goes.

this might be a little off the topic, but there is a street driven 96 hatchback in boise that has ran 10.6, and he hasnt even used his nitrous yet (still breaking in his enging) he has a full interior and everything, i'll try to get a video of him
good gawd, what set up is he running? he's in 10's in BOISE and still going to throw nos in there? shittttttt

[Modified by poison, 9:37 PM 5/27/2002]
Old 05-28-2002, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: video of civic vs camaro ss held over here in Utah (dmotoguy)

nice!
Old 05-28-2002, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: video of civic vs camaro ss held over here in Utah (mrlegoman)

he just ran a 11.2 with no nitrous good shiot at test and tune i am glad he whooped that white ss's *** i just hate people that run there mouths like he(white ss) does he thinks his car is invincible... just glad finally somebody got tape so he has no excuse lol... good stuff.

[Modified by zdr262, 3:41 PM 5/28/2002]
Old 05-28-2002, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you goin to test and tune this wednesday? imma try and get out there if i can get my bottle filled and get my tires put back on my gsr's. i wanna see how my car runs before i take it out on friday...........ya, i hope to get it soon, it's gettin on my nerves and friends are startin to think i got fux0red over, but i don't think i did, just takin a lil longer. compression results are wierd, don't matter to me if the h22 will come soon. so, what car u running? im assumin ur runnin 96-98 ex motor with laughin gas eh?

ima try and make it to test and tune to see some people and what they run, i get paid on friday and until then am broke hehe. o wells, we'll see how it goes.

this might be a little off the topic, but there is a street driven 96 hatchback in boise that has ran 10.6, and he hasnt even used his nitrous yet (still breaking in his enging) he has a full interior and everything, i'll try to get a video of himgood gawd, what set up is he running? he's in 10's in BOISE and still going to throw nos in there? shittttttt

[Modified by poison, 9:37 PM 5/27/2002]
just messin with the cheap stuff until i can purchase a good motor. and still i might build it for the funny gas......im pretty happy with runnin it on my lil SOHC........