Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Team Hondaworks World Challenge @ St. Petersburg, FL Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Team Hondaworks World Challenge @ St. Petersburg, FL Pictures

[QUOTE=CarpeDiemR;42250993] I have a question, had it since i saw that Kevin was running the same car he ran last year in TC (now GTS) in TC. Well... basically that is my question. The TC class this year is a slower more stock class. Last year Kevin ran with the TC guys, who are all now in GTS... So what were the SCCA officials thinking to let an "old" TC in to the new TC class? QUOTE]

Good question.

We talked with WC for about a month beforehand hammering out the performance details. They knew the Civic's performance model from their GPS data at MO and R.Atl. We also agreed to detune and use the required 98 Sunocco fuel. In doing so, Kev pulled a bunch of HP out on the dyno.

Also. The Hondaworks Civic is a 100% legal Honda-Challenge H1 car. All OEM Honda bottom end and pistons. This simple car also uses OEM Honda brakes and small 15 inch wheels.

What isn't clear to most, ST Pete suited Kev and the Hondaworks Civic very well. Watching Kev's in car video displayed how well the Civic handled in the tight stuff. If we were at a traditional track, I'm certain we would have stayed in TC and perhaps won our first race Sunday. Oh well.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:41 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Originally Posted by JohnW
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

We are also in the planning stages of a bunch of Hondaworks parties at WG, MO and VIR. Team Hondaworks (HONDA's fans) won round #2 of the Fan Championship. We plan on sweeping each event we're at from here on out. BBQ, freebie swag from our sponsors, etc. BE THERE!
get out of town. i already basically said no to passes at mo. now you say this. ohhh geeezz. looks like i might make a stop out in ol amish country now.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Helms in car footage at St. Petersburg

http://www.world-challengetv.com/2010/#/races/169

Last edited by pasaunde; 04-25-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way to go, great race you guys rocked it and man ,what a save after the GTR went offroading on the porsche in rnd 2!