Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Several HT-ers Got Their Cherrys Popped (or re-popped) This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 06:20 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several HT-ers Got Their Cherrys Popped (or re-popped) This Weekend

This forum has a few new SCCA Novice Permit holders. They all did extremely well, even in the awful weather we had all day Saturday. The only thing slicker than a dry Roebling Road is a wet Roebling Road.

No incidents. No wrecks. Lots of smiles.

Congrats to those guys.

Scott, still trying to figure out what pass wouldn't look good from inside Floyd's helmet... So far I got nuthin'
Old 02-13-2006, 06:28 AM
.RJ

Default Re: Several HT-ers Got Their Cherrys Popped (or re-popped) This Weekend (Catch 22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only thing slicker than a dry Roebling Road is a wet Roebling Road.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You havent been to Summit point in november, in the rain
Old 02-13-2006, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Several HT-ers Got Their Cherrys Popped (.RJ)

Oh man, you HAD to give Scott another chance to rant about Summit?!?
Old 02-13-2006, 06:43 AM
.RJ

Default Re: Several HT-ers Got Their Cherrys Popped (speedracer33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speedracer33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh man, you HAD to give Scott another chance to rant about Summit?!?</TD></TR></TABLE>

RRR makes Summit point look like a vacation paradise.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:56 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Several HT-ers Got Their Cherrys Popped (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

RRR makes Summit point look like a vacation paradise.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, I put them at about the same level. That level being the bottom.
I HATE Roebling too. I don't race there anymore, even though its only 4 hours from my house.
There is talk of a repave late this year... We'll see.

Scott, who says "At least Roebling has a new bathroom/shower facility that the workers didn't have to build themselves."
Old 02-13-2006, 07:10 AM
.RJ

Default Re: Several HT-ers Got Their Cherrys Popped (Catch 22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Scott, who says "At least Roebling has a new bathroom/shower facility that the workers didn't have to build themselves." </TD></TR></TABLE>

And at least you dont have to wait for track traffic to stop to get into the paddock at summit...
Old 02-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So did Christian get his novice permit?
Old 02-13-2006, 07:50 AM

It was a kickass time!

I personally loved the rain, being that I was driving a 5hp Neon. I passed miata's like it was going out of style in the wet.

Can't wait to get into the T2 car next weekend at road atlanta and pop my real racing cherry.

-Tom
Old 02-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (GBRacing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GBRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So did Christian get his novice permit?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes. He did well.
He learned alot, perhaps the most during 15 minutes of a game called "Chase Floyd."

Its pretty funny Richy. Without all the yellow decals your old car gets alot of "Hmmm... That thing looks familiar."
Old 02-13-2006, 09:21 AM

Default Re: (Catch 22)

Roebling is going down for a repave after the ALSCCA double SARRC in July. Buccanneer was nice enough to take move the date so we could run there.

Barry H.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Catch 22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes. He did well.
He learned alot, perhaps the most during 15 minutes of a game called "Chase Floyd."

Its pretty funny Richy. Without all the yellow decals your old car gets alot of "Hmmm... That thing looks familiar."
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yep. With help from Scott and some assistance from the nice guys at OPM, I made it through the weekend with only a few, minor issues.

All in all, it was an informative and educational experience. Some of it was review of what I already knew and some of it (6 race starts!!) was completely new. I'd have to agree that BY FAR the best part of the weekend was playing "Chase Floyd"... I realized quite quickly that nobody out there is going to let you pass and that instead you just have to shove the car in there and take the position! Thanks Floyd for the tutorial on how to lay the smack down on everything out there with an ITB car

Next step in this is going to be getting the car ready for the VIR Double ECR next month

It was good getting to meet up with some of the HT'ers face to face... Floyd, Tom, Shane, good luck this season!

Lastly I'd like to thank everyone who helped get me to (and through) the school:
OPM- for great parts and service
Appalachian Tire- for the rain tires that saved my azz on Saturday
LTB- for all my driver gear
Isaac- for H&N Safety
Blake- for installing my LSD and FD
Scott G- for being brutally honest and telling me all weekend how much I suck

Christian, who spent more time on the GFCP this weekend than he has total in the last few years
Old 02-13-2006, 09:52 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (Xian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Xian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Scott G- for being brutally honest and telling me all weekend how much I suck

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The first step towards a cure is admitting you have the disease.

Scott, who was admittedly surprised to find that while Karl and Christian are very different people, they have many of the same at the track traits.

"I think a hurricane hit your paddock spot" - One of the OPM guys after watching Christian change the starter.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Several HT-ers Got Their Cherrys Popped (Catch 22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is talk of a repave late this year... We'll see.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

they should get Humpy Wheeler involved....so he can fawk up another track
Old 02-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright Xian, you got the "way to go" award. Congrats!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GBRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright Xian, you got the "way to go" award. Congrats!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks! I'm really happy to have all the licensing stuff out of the way.

I can't wait for VIR and then Daytona!!!

Christian
Old 02-13-2006, 11:29 AM

Daytona should be interesting with the new weights. I hope you get your car out Richy. Christian you should have a pretty quick car with the final drive & the diff. What ratio did you decide to install?
Tucker
Old 02-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VenWood)

After speaking with Tom @ OPM, I went with the tried and true 4.7 FD... I was VERY happy with both it and the LSD at RR

Christian
Old 02-13-2006, 11:54 AM

I did the math, I believe correctly, & I think we will be hitting the rev limit at turn one. Should only have to hold it close for a hundred yards or so. We will find out shortly. I just put mine in before the january national at sebring. No problem at sebring on the back straight, but daytona is a little faster on the front.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What's up tucker! The car should definately be ready by Daytona. The motor "may" be put together by this weekend. We'll see. Also, I'm planning on doing the Morosso double SARCC in March.

Oh yeah, I'm going to pass both of you simply because of my 4.9 fd ... and you may pass me back when I run out gear
Old 02-13-2006, 12:11 PM

Your screwed, I don't know the ratio's of your transmission but if it is even close to the crx I hope 115 is fast enough. Good luck finishing up, check and double check. Go test it out so you don't have any unforseen problems at track. I'm going home. Talk to you later.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VenWood)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VenWood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did the math, I believe correctly, & I think we will be hitting the rev limit at turn one. Should only have to hold it close for a hundred yards or so. We will find out shortly. I just put mine in before the january national at sebring. No problem at sebring on the back straight, but daytona is a little faster on the front.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That pretty much matches what I've been told... a 4.7 is supposed to be just barely long enough to be used at Daytona.

Richy, I'd imagine that a 4.9 is probably going to be a bit short for Daytona's straight but it should be grat on the in-field

Christian
Old 02-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the 4.7 in the eg puts you some were around 110 or 115mph at the end of 4th gear, im not sure about 5th but i think the 4.9 in the EG should be good.

the stock rev limiter on the z6 is 7600rpm's, isn't the a6's around 7?
Old 02-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the stock rev limiter on the z6 is 7600rpm's</TD></TR></TABLE>

Better check that. Stock is 7200.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (johng)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by johng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Better check that. Stock is 7200.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

hrmmmmm could be, i just use a stock tach and know "when" to shift, i thought some one said it was higher though.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can anyone figure what my speeds going to be based on a Z6 tranny with a 4.9? I just remember hearing that a stock Z6 tranny final drive was simply horrible.

Quick Reply: Several HT-ers Got Their Cherrys Popped (or re-popped) This Weekend