Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Poll, Honestly Just Because Some of Us are Curious

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can only hope that this whole deal costs Chris the amount youposted, or hopefully more. It is unfortunate to me that this will probably also hurt the HC at the same time.

I hold no ill will towards the ECHC, it's new (for the second time) directors, or the racers. I hope it thrives, but I don't see this happening as long as NASA (specifically National) is at the reigns.

I had already begun ammasing parts for an H1 push in 07. I already have two shells! But I will not invest 30-35000 to build a front running car in a class that is ran by Ryan Flaherty, and is governed by Chris Cobetto. These guys obviously don't care about the racers, and whos to say H1 will even exist in a few years. I won't take that chance.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Re: (Adrift)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Adrift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can only hope that this whole deal costs Chris the amount youposted, or hopefully more. It is unfortunate to me that this will probably also hurt the HC at the same time.

I hold no ill will towards the ECHC, it's new (for the second time) directors, or the racers. I hope it thrives, but I don't see this happening as long as NASA (specifically National) is at the reigns.

I had already begun ammasing parts for an H1 push in 07. I already have two shells! But I will not invest 30-35000 to build a front running car in a class that is ran by Ryan Flaherty, and is governed by Chris Cobetto. These guys obviously don't care about the racers, and whos to say H1 will even exist in a few years. I won't take that chance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dave, come on over to SCCA, and keep the CRX. It's gonna be an awesome ITB car. Come out and play - the beer is on me.

I agree with you on the NASA deal, too - I decided when this whole spec tire deal came about the way that it did that I was done with NASA forever, even if MA could still run open tires. The poor human being that Ryan F is and the way nationals has treated its customers (based on not just this issue but the way Nationals has handled things ever since they took over Honda Challenge) told me right then and there they didn't care for our business and we could take our entry fees and membership fees and go elsewhere. I am, and you should too. They'll never get another dime of my membership money. There's too much racing to be done elsewhere.

Old 02-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Adrift)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Adrift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can only hope that this whole deal costs Chris the amount youposted, or hopefully more. It is unfortunate to me that this will probably also hurt the HC at the same time...

I had already begun ammasing parts for an H1 push in 07. I already have two shells! But I will not invest 30-35000 to build a front running car in a class that is ran by Ryan Flaherty, and is governed by Chris Cobetto. These guys obviously don't care about the racers, and whos to say H1 will even exist in a few years. I won't take that chance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is very unfortunate that these events will hurt Honda Challenge. I personally have changed my long term racing plan too as a result of the events that have transpired over the last 2 years.

However I think even from all this carnage that things can still be salvaged if NASA Nat'l guys are willing to admit they've done wrong and take good faith steps to fix things. If they don't address the factors that have led to this crisis it is surely going to come up again with some of the other series if they get popular.

I don't know both sides of your situation so I can't speak to that but I can say I don't think it was right for NASA to threaten you guys with banishment in these circumstances.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Re: (JMU R1)

Has anyone sat back and thought about the situation from NASA's perspective? Im certainly no fan of nasa national, and I have no vested interest in the matter either way, but from reading this soap opera from the beginning, its clear to me that there were major mistakes made on both sides of it, and ECHC is far from blameless