Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Options for a second set of tires..

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Options for a second set of tires..

If you want a great tire to learn on, one that you can slide around on, abuse, and wears like iron....check out the Firestone Indy Firehawk 500. I bought a set of these for some cheap track day tires and I was really impressed. They don't have near the grip of the 200tw tires, but they are very consistent and predictable.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaan
you can have my old DC2 shell... she's ready to be beat on. but it needs a cage. 2 race cars? Kids? I'm in the wrong line of business.

we MA folk don't like to trade a lot of paint. Front and rear bumpers from some minor bumping, but we keep it clean. there has been very minor contact this year overall.

Brents JDM front DC2 was an award winning show car. and now look... its just a pretty race car (that's getting to the front).
Oh yea? I didn't know you had a spare DC shell sitting around. I may take you up on that shell it may have to wait until we move to the new house with "the garage". I don't have any room in the garage or driveway at the current place.

Yeah man I make my kids assemble iPhones all day and all night over the summer and during school they put in 4-6 hours before bed. If they don't produce product, no dinner. Gotta support racecar habits somehow.

Brents car still looks nice so you have a point. I like the idea of a slightly battle-torn, still looks semi good DC for w2w though

Originally Posted by ross2004
If you want a great tire to learn on, one that you can slide around on, abuse, and wears like iron....check out the Firestone Indy Firehawk 500. I bought a set of these for some cheap track day tires and I was really impressed. They don't have near the grip of the 200tw tires, but they are very consistent and predictable.
Thanks Ross, Ill check them out! It would be nice to get more than a half season out of tires.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

in the northeast we only trade paint with spec miatas...its an ongoing turf war honestly LOL