Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

The Official Formula 1 2008 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Princess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: (Ponyboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ponyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry, I fixed it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what did you fix?
Old 11-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Schumacher '10 WDC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (...esteban)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ...esteban &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what did you fix? </TD></TR></TABLE>

The Hondaf1 link he posted.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (...esteban)

It's massa year! unless they give it to kimmi again, like they did last year.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SleeperGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleeperGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's massa year! unless they give it to kimmi again, like they did last year. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wat? Massa was mathematically out of the points going into the Japanese Grand Prix, nothing was "given" to either driver. After that it was common sence to make him the #2
Old 11-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Painting Masterpieces

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: (Wendys or Bust)

Ross Brawn, Honda Racing F1 Team Savior, decides to pursue unconventional revenue streams and introduces the RA107 as successor, though less technically innovative, to the Honda Ridgeline in the Baja 1000.

RA107 finishes better than it's comparative F1 debut but finishes behind factory Yugo entry in 406th place. An optimistic Nick Fry states, "great drive by Pablo Escobar and we're hoping our new aero improvements will put us a few places higher in the next race."
Old 11-18-2007, 10:41 PM

Funny when all you see is a gravel trap and no armco or tarmac
Old 11-19-2007, 04:33 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ponyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But I doubt anyone can lure the guy away from his relationship w/ Ferrari.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Indeed... that would be a dream come true. But the honda team may take form around that of another driver.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:35 AM
I'm here for the gangbang!

Default Re: (SleeperGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleeperGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's massa year! unless they give it to kimmi again, like they did last year. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Massa's chances went out the door at Imola. He was faster than Kimi and was in 3rd when he had reliability issues. IMO the championship would've been a lot different had he finished that race in 2nd or 3rd.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lewie)

Well Alonso won't be at Toyota since they signed Glock to race with Trulli....seems more and more likely that he will be at renault
Old 11-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Nishant)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nishant &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well Alonso won't be at Toyota since they signed Glock to race with Trulli....seems more and more likely that he will be at renault</TD></TR></TABLE>

As if there was any doubt that he'd be going to Renault! LoL, seriously looking back on everything, the only reason Alonso left Renault in the first place was because Renault hadn't commited to F1 for the 2007 season, he took the contract when he had a chance because he didn't know if his team was going to be around and he wanted a good ride after they left. When Renault commited to staying, you could see the wind was knocked out of him. Alonso is Briatore's baby, he's gonna try and stay with him the whole way through, just like Hamilton and Dennis.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Spade)

Traction Control
-Article 9.3; No car may be equipped with a system or device which is capable of preventing the driven wheels from spinning <U>under power</U> or of compensating for excessive throttle demand by the driver. Any device or system which notifies the driver of the onset of wheel spin is not permitted.

"Under Power" are the key words. On my FA5, the traction control works on the braking system rather than influencing the power train.

If this is the loophole that allows a form of TC in F1, then we will see wheel spin at the start but enchanced grip around curves.

Scott

Old 11-19-2007, 07:34 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (cbstd)

I wonder if this include visual or audible aids?
Old 11-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (MSchu)

YES!

I come back from VT and lo-and-behold, the 2008 thread!

Can't wait to spend the year with you gentlemen again.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Re: (Baggy Spandex)

I don't post here often, but Honda will do better, b/c they can't do any worse. Of course, and it may be just me, but they will do better if they switch to some championship-white color scheme, as opposed to the earth theme.

Does anyone know if they are sticking with the earth-theme (hope not)
Old 11-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rexrover17)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rexrover17 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't post here often, but Honda will do better, b/c they can't do any worse. Of course, and it may be just me, but they will do better if they switch to some championship-white color scheme, as opposed to the earth theme.

Does anyone know if they are sticking with the earth-theme (hope not)</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yep, one more season of the Earth theme although they may make some changes to it.

I really would've liked to to see either a CW-scheme or black and red with a similar style to the team uniforms. There aren't any black cars on the grid right now and I think it'd be pretty hot.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:18 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: (cbstd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cbstd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Traction Control
-Article 9.3; No car may be equipped with a system or device which is capable of preventing the driven wheels from spinning <U>under power</U> or of compensating for excessive throttle demand by the driver. Any device or system which notifies the driver of the onset of wheel spin is not permitted.

"Under Power" are the key words. On my FA5, the traction control works on the braking system rather than influencing the power train.

If this is the loophole that allows a form of TC in F1, then we will see wheel spin at the start but enchanced grip around curves.

Scott</TD></TR></TABLE>
Eh, not quite.

Lateral grip is determined by mechanical factors (tires, suspension) and aerodynamics (downforce). There really is no way to affect it with traction control. Traction control in corners is applied as the driver opens the throttle mid-corner to accelerate through the exit, hence "under power."

Your Civic Si traction control system works through the ABS by applying individual brakes to "compensate for excessive throttle demand by the driver" while the car is "under power."
Old 11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: (Targa250R)

http://www.planetf1.com/story/....html

I love lewis hamilton
Old 11-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Risky Business

Default Re: The Official Formula 1 2008 Season Thread (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">- narrowed to 70.8 inches from 78.7 (lame!)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually the cars have been 1800cm wide since 1998:
http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft00253.html

Spade, you might want to modify your original post. I have a feeling a lot of those specs with (previously...) are incorrect.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:51 AM
eight equals equals equals D

Received 99 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Re: (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I love lewis hamilton</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you let him eat bananas off your belly too?
Old 11-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Risky Business

Default Re: (Tim2179)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tim2179 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you let him eat bananas off your belly too?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, because he goes to eleven!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PlanetF1.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The 20-year-old also spilled the beans - or in this case bananas - on her and Lewis' love life, saying: "He was amazing in bed. I'd give him 11 out of 10." </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Official Formula 1 2008 Season Thread (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Actually the cars have been 1800cm wide since 1998:
http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft00253.html

Spade, you might want to modify your original post. I have a feeling a lot of those specs with (previously...) are incorrect.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I probably jumped the gun on that aspect as it was taking a long time to verifiy that the 2007 rules were not modified as well. I made those items by reviewing the 2008 regs and seeing what was modified or crossed out in purple. It could have been modified or crossed out since the 2009 rules are already posted, and when the rule change happens, the FIA modifies all the regs.

Another one is the camera locations, 2007 actually only needed 5 spots as well.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Risky Business

Default Re: The Official Formula 1 2008 Season Thread (Spade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I probably jumped the gun on that aspect as it was taking a long time to verifiy that the 2007 rules were not modified as well. I made those items by reviewing the 2008 regs and seeing what was modified or crossed out in purple. It could have been modified or crossed out since the 2009 rules are already posted, and when the rule change happens, the FIA modifies all the regs.

Another one is the camera locations, 2007 actually only needed 5 spots as well. </TD></TR></TABLE>

? Where did you pull the info from?

You can look at the 2007 vs 2008 regs here: http://www.fia.com/sport/Regulations/f1regs.html

Do that instead of posting misinformation, even if it is unintentional.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.planetf1.com/story/....html

I love lewis hamilton</TD></TR></TABLE>

OMG lol works for DHL.. what a tool.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Official Formula 1 2008 Season Thread (BauleyCivic)

? Where did you pull the info from?

You can look at the 2007 vs 2008 regs here: http://www.fia.com/sport/Regulations/f1regs.html

Do that instead of posting misinformation, even if it is unintentional.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I looked at the 08 regs posted on the FIA website, as you can see via the disclaimer posted underneath the title, and the hyperlinks in the title as well.

Going through and comparing the 07 vs 08 regs would have been the best way to write that and I would be inaccurate IF I had stated "changes for 2008". However, I felt the need to get the 08 thread up and running and just posted it as "Interesting Regulations". In no way did I intend to misinform in my initial post, and nothing that I posted is not a modification to the previously existing 2008 regulations.

I have always assumed that my initial post is going to be "fluid" and would be modified whenever something is discovered to be inaccurate.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spade's Formula 1 Lawyer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It should also be noted that "previously" doesn't state that the regulation wasn't in place for the 2007 season. The word "previously" could mean at one point in time, which in fact, is accurate. Also, Spade doesn't state "changes for 2008". The actual verbage posted reads:
"Interesting 2008 Sporting and Technical Regulations
NOTE: All information regarding the following regulations were sourced from the FIA websites posted Sporting and Technical Regulations which have been previously hyperlinked above."

Granted, the way Spade wrote the post, one could make the assumption that these are in fact changes from the 2007 season regulations, but in all finality, it's up to the person(s) doing the reading to come to that conclusion.</TD></TR></TABLE>

All that said, I will modify any/all things inaccurate in the first post, that either I come across, or others point out to me.

&lt;--Still thinks he's funny.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdm civic 2000)

2008 - Heidfeld will battle for the WDC!

Quick Reply: The Official Formula 1 2008 Season Thread