Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 05:21 AM
Suspetise...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: One more option (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Look closer at the design of the baffles </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hrm...I guess they don't curve down like the Mugen dealies. Would that be a big enough difference to matter, given that the oil pickup takes up most of that empty space anyway?
Old 02-17-2005, 05:22 AM
.RJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: One more option (sscguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sscguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Would that be a big enough difference to matter</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes. It "traps" the earl in the sump better
Old 02-17-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: One more option (fipracing_com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fipracing_com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Baffels are nice but that wont add oil capacity and realistically how effective are the baffel plates?? and have they been tested to prove they work as intended to. And for the price they are asking you can by a NEW moroso pan for not much more money. Also you get the plates and then have to have them welded in so in reality you really are paying as much money for two pieces of steel, when you could get an entire pan for the same money. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually the price for baffles installed in brand new Honda pans is $189 for b-series except for P72, which is $224. The baffles alone are $19! R/R on the pan is not an overly expensive thing to do (we charge about $120) and welding them in is not $$ either (about $30). Also, we can install the baffles in your pan if you send it to us, costing you only $19 for baffles, $30 for welding, and about $20 in shipping. This is by far the most budget way to go.

True, no capacity is added, but fit is guaranteed as good as stock. No leaks! The effectiveness of these plates is just as good as any of the other designs here. It really is not rocket science. Some here might be better than others, but I think it is really splitting hairs. How would one even "test" the effectiveness? Nobody has blown up yet that we know about, and a number of people are running these.

Marcus

Old 02-17-2005, 08:03 AM

Default Re: One more option (MrHeeltoe)

Well there you go. heh if it works... it works..
Old 02-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

In theory, yes but who has actually tried it on a honda track/race car? What if you already have an oil cooler?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know. I have a stock oil pan and before I added the cooler, it would run above 300. So, when I added the cooler, I also added a remote oil filter that took a Ford V8 oil filter. It was all done for cooling. Now, the car runs way below 300. ...by the way, that's in sunny Florida.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (fipracing_com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fipracing_com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">MOROSO does NOT modify at STOCK pan, they duplicated the pan design, and added a kickout for and a trap door baffeling system.. MUGEN IS good ****, but the mugen pan does not have additional oil capacity where as the moroso pan has a 5qt capacity. </TD></TR></TABLE>
i never said they modded a stock oil pan,i said it LOOKS like a modded stock oil pan.for way less than the price of that unit,you could have any decent fabricator add the baffles and kickout to a stock pan.
all i was saying was that at lease with the drag race pan you get the bling of the aluinum to go with the price.
anway,what's the capacity?
chris
Old 02-17-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (TeamNextGenChris)

I was getting a Mugen but after looking at the Fastline one from HeelToe I went for the DIY baffles. The setup looks the same or close enough to Mugen that I don't see paying the difference ($19 v. $270). Of course I have to get it welded but I have friends for that. I bought an extra set for a friend of mine who builds racing honda and acura engines (he initially recommended Mugen) and I am going to have him look at it before I weld it up in my oil pan. If he says it is ok, that is more money for r compound instead. If not I didn't lose much on the deal. I decided against the Moroso unit that was aluminum because with a hybrid CRX the B18c (Hasport mounts though) naturally hangs down more than OEM would and if god forbid I bottomed out somewhere on track (or off!) I would hat to crack the aluminum and out goes the "earl" and seizes the motor.

Barry H.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (apexinghonda)

After looking at the options here, I'm with RJ. Its Mugen for me. Those pics are nice, it looks like a factory peice. I don't want to weld stuff and paint. Just buy new and install, go for that perfect fit. I can't imagine anyone has tested their stuff more than Mugen would have, and since their price for a pre-fab unit is not far from the lowest, they will get my money. Every single piece of their stuff I have on my ITR is fabulous. I sometimes think they are too expensive, but in this case, they are almost cheap!
Old 02-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My mugen pan was "tested" all year last year... many times ran the car 1/2qt low and had no problems at all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Burning oil are we? Maybe you need a more manly oil. A little dab of 15W50 in that shiny pan should do the trick.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Suspetise...

Default Re: One more option (descartesfool)

If you think you're not burning oil in an R, you're just in denial
Old 02-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: One more option (sscguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sscguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you think you're not burning oil in an R, you're just in denial </TD></TR></TABLE>

That is a regular state of being! Maybe that Castrol 10W60 racing oil is what I need. Good thing the Mugen pan doesn't hold an extra quart.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:05 PM
.RJ

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (descartesfool)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by descartesfool &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its Mugen for me. Those pics are nice, it looks like a factory peice. I don't want to weld stuff and paint. Just buy new and install, go for that perfect fit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

And it comes with a new gasket ($20 from the dealer)... and sell your stock pan for $60ish. So its not such a bad deal

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by descartesfool &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Burning oil are we? Maybe you need a more manly oil. A little dab of 15W50 in that shiny pan should do the trick.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah, 1/2 was all i ever burned in a weekend Castrol 0w30 - lab says its fine https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=889557
Old 02-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (.RJ)

Mugen products ares legit would you expect anyhting less then a new gasket?
Old 02-18-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (eLusive ek4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eLusive ek4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mugen products ares legit would you expect anyhting less then a new gasket? </TD></TR></TABLE>

You are kidding, right?

A $2200 set of MF10s does not even come with center caps.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (MrHeeltoe)

No marcus im not kidding

who needs centercaps anyways last time i checked no other rays wheels came with center caps either

sicne when did mf10's have anything to do with oil pans?
Old 02-18-2005, 08:28 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eLusive ek4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No marcus im not kidding

who needs centercaps anyways last time i checked no other rays wheels came with center caps either

sicne when did mf10's have anything to do with oil pans?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, it was mostly a joke...not to get int a debate about it. I love Mugen stuff as much as the next guy...look at my car.

You comment was "would you expect anyhting less then a new gasket"

My Comment was basically...."yes"

Some volks DO come with caps, and Rays actually make teh MF wheels anyway so it makes sense they don't come with caps. I just feel like that kinda coinage should include caps. That's all. And by that example, I would NOT expect a Mugen pan to come with a gasket.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eLusive ek4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mugen products ares legit would you expect anyhting less then a new gasket? </TD></TR></TABLE>
for the price it damn well better include something extra!
don't get me wrong-the Mugen piece(and Moroso for that matter)has it's purpose.if you're:
1-worried about bling,the Mugen part has way more of it than "yo,i got my boi to weld in some plates on my st0ck pan".although you could pass off a modded stock pan to be the Mugen piece anyway considering that's all it is.
2-willing to sacrifice the money to get a product that arrives ready to go.to some people that's worth it,but then again see below.
3-you're not handy at fabbing/welding,and don't have any friends who are,and can't find a professional you trust to do it.
i'm lucky in that i can weld and own a welder.but considering you can buy the plates for low prices,and that combined with the labor to weld them is still WAY cheaper than the Mugen pan.hell,you can even send it to Marcus and all the legwork and labor is done for you!
...so,anyway i DO expect more.it's just the typical Mugen rebadged,marked up product.i'd love for them to come out with a product that THEY developed(and maybe even manufactured),which was innovative and worthy of the high price.if i want a modded stock pan,i'll have it done for much less money,including the price of the $20 gasket.
not trying to step on any toes,but it amazes me that people are eat up with these dumb Japanese companies that do the same thing that they crucify other companies for doing.
Chris
Old 02-21-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (TeamNextGenChris)

Hey TNG....an answer to your signature...

Because we gotta waste all that bandwidth somehow, right?
Old 02-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (MrHeeltoe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrHeeltoe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey TNG....an answer to your signature...

Because we gotta waste all that bandwidth somehow, right?</TD></TR></TABLE>haha,i know.then i'd have nothing to do with my free time.
that's totaly directed at the EG forum.it's very rare to see a dumb question here in this forum.
chris
Old 02-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (apexinghonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by apexinghonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The setup looks the same or close enough to Mugen that I don't see paying the difference ($19 v. $270).</TD></TR></TABLE>
same?
The vertical baffles in the Mugen pan are nice.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:17 PM
.RJ

Default Re: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached (Willard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Willard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The vertical baffles in the Mugen pan are nice.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And the rolled edges of the baffles
Old 02-22-2005, 07:29 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's very rare to see a dumb question here in this forum.
chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

you need to look harder then...

Old 02-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

well i sold out and D series so mugens out, and Jamie welll hes out too. so that leave this pan $$$, GE pan which is also $$$, and canton which is also $$$.

my only alternative is fidn some one else to modify the stock pan, hey markus do those work on Dseries pans?

Ill probably end up leaving the pan unbaffeld and installing an accusump.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i sold out and D series so mugens out, and Jamie welll hes out too. so that leave this pan $$$, GE pan which is also $$$, and canton which is also $$$.

my only alternative is fidn some one else to modify the stock pan, hey markus do those work on Dseries pans?

Ill probably end up leaving the pan unbaffeld and installing an accusump.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is "Marcus" and I have no idea. I am sure the D-series will take a different shape than the B-series.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (MrHeeltoe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrHeeltoe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It is "Marcus" and I have no idea. I am sure the D-series will take a different shape than the B-series.</TD></TR></TABLE>

woops my bad.

Quick Reply: New Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan!!!! Pictures Attached