Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

need to move steering wheel closer in 94 integra

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to move steering wheel closer in 94 integra

like the title says. i have chronic elbow, wrist, and shoulder problems. nerve entrapment in the elbows and shoulders (i was a bricklayer and mechanic) and i am rebuilding a 94 integra for a daily driver/autocross car. the steering wheel is just too darn far away. after an hour of city driving i was getting the elbow pain again. bummer. i love the way the car drives. i have long legs and a little too much gut for my own good. the footwell is too narrow and i have to keep my knwees too close together to move the i went to autozone and looked at aftermarket steering wheels for my car. i might be able to get some sort of spacer for the hub made at a machine shop if i have to. but i dont want to lose the airbag and cruise control. is there anything out there on the racing/aftermarket that will move the steering wheel maybe 2 inches closer? i will go aftermarket if i have to and just mount the cruise buttons on the dash or column if i have to. the steering position in my 90 civic hatchback is just about perfect. if only the integra was he same. thanks for any help. jim.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:45 AM
.RJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need to move steering wheel closer in 94 integra (carnifex)

You can get an aftermarket steering wheel - and then get a spacer like this: http://ltbmotorsports.com/dilquicrelhu.html or this: http://www.ogracing.com/eshop/home.asp?categ=166

You'll need a (vehicle specific) hub adapter to fit the wheel also.