Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Mexicali, BC Mexico 2004 Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mexicali, BC Mexico 2004 Grand Prix

Hi guys,

One of our sponsored Road Race CRX's who competes in the Baja California Series has sent me this email just in case anyone wants to watch or race at this event.

The series competes in Tijuana, Ensenada, Mexicali and a couple other events through out the year.
here ya go, check this out.

If any one in Southern CA wants to watch, let me know. I'm planning to go to this event and check it out. Maybe we can all take a nice ride down there.

Here is his Email to me:
MEXICALI 2004 GRAND PRIX – ABRIL 3 y 4, 2004

Hi everyone,

Like we previously mentioned to you, our first race of this year 2004 will take place in Mexicali B.C.

Mexicali is only few miles away from the US Border (Calexico CA.)

We will be racing on the same racetrack of last year, 2.8 miles long, a boulevard with wide lanes and long straight-aways. You will have again the chance of signing autographs and race in front of hundreds of

Spectators, you might even get interviewed by T.V. and News Paper reporters.

The race enrollment fee for this event is $200 if the check is received on or before March 7, 2004. If it is received after that date, then the cost will be $260.

The cost of the insurance for medical expenses is $30, this will cover you for up to $4,500 Dlls in case of any medical emergency and also will pay up to $14,000 in case of loosing a body part or death.

Please make a $230 check payable to:

MARTIN CALDERA (No to Carlos or Caldera Promotions)

And send check to:

(If interested, email me and I'll get you the contact #)

We will send you at a later day a full schedule, directions to get therel and the letter from the Baja California Mexican Authorities, so you can get your car back and forth across the border without any hassle.

Just remember that it is illegal to bring across the border gasoline in containers, but we will have high octane Union76 Race fuel available at the track.

We are still working on getting you a discount with the hotel.

Old 02-08-2004, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mexicali, BC Mexico 2004 Grand Prix (exospeedAMcrx)

I don't know too much about this series, but I think I once met someone at a track event here in SoCal who races a turbo Suzuki Swift making about 300 HP in that series. From what I recall, there are lots of classes, and from what the driver told me, there are lots of ppl from the US that participate in that series. Wish I had the time to attend.