Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

I went go-karting recently...AutoXing has truly helped me in all forms of driving!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I went go-karting recently...AutoXing has truly helped me in all forms of driving!

Well, I went go-karting for the first time in a LONG time. There's an indoor go-kart course with 40-60 mph go-karts! Anyway, I turned out lapping most of my friends and putting down some good times! I ended up with a 26.6X seconds as a best lap. In comparison their best lap ever by a customer on that course was a 24.6X seconds!

I think I did pretty good! I can really tell how AutoX'ing has helped me out. Taking a line...braking before, accelerating out of corner.

BTW, this is my 2nd season of AutoX. I won my class (GS) last season and it's a close one for 1st this season!
Old 06-21-2001, 11:07 AM
Wrong-Way Wang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I went go-karting recently...AutoXing has truly helped me in all forms of driving! (Yellow Drago

I got shoved into a friend's shifter kart while I was down in Dallas. If you think go-karts are fun, try a shifter sometime. Wild. Totally wild. Plus his is a way tricked out Tony Kart, with a rather tempermental engine. It hates anything less than full throttle at 9k rpm. WILD *** buck. 13k arrives in a hurry... So you better grab that next gear quick. 0-60 in 4 seconds. Enough brakes to lift you out of the seat.

Warren
Old 06-21-2001, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I went go-karting recently...AutoXing has truly helped me in all forms of driving! (Yellow Drago

The first time I drove my shifter on an autocross course I hit the first six cones. The steering response and grip are so great compared to a street car its almost incomprehensible, it turns in as quick as you can think. Now I get back into the car and it feels like I'm balancing on marshmallows. The kart really can't be driven like a street car (and particularly an understeering FWD honda). Power/weight ratio is about 1/10 (much like a corvette), so acceleration isn't earth shattering, but the close gearbox makes the gears fly by, and corner exit speeds are very high so you do get hauling down the straights.

I just gotta get mine running again, I get an adrenaline rush just thinking about it. If you get a chance to drive a shifter, go for it, you may never come back...