Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

I remember back when I was a young and optimistic Coyote...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I remember back when I was a young and optimistic Coyote... (Neo)

Ah but thinking that we're all pretty much the same plays a role in our getting along doesn't it?

Don't we tend to discriminate against those we regard as different?

Scott, who has been on both sides of different...and looks toward the day when all of humanity is in harmony....as clones of Elvis.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I remember back when I was a young and optimistic Coyote... (RR98ITR)

I rented a little supercomputer time so that I could conduct simulations on this event possibility. I saw no serious social problems until the Elvis clone population exceeded 14% of the total earth population. If however, you expect no problems at 100% Elvis clone population, you sir, are living in a fantasy world. In the future please do more research before you go posting these kinds of rediculous claims.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I remember back when I was a young and optimistic Coyote... (RR98ITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RR98ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Don't we tend to discriminate against those we regard as different?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Scott, you just taught me something about myself. I feel as if I am very different from everyone else that I feel discriminated against. This is the juice I used to feed on when I would go racing-sht it worked most of the time too because I came out with a bunch of wins...but that was the past and the future may be different!
Old 10-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I remember back when I was a young and optimistic Coyote... (HapaHaole)

Scott, LapSim said long ago that gear tinkering was only a few tenths at best on most tracks. Your gears would make me sad too.

Now I can guarantee you the best way to keep your brain busy and avoid all these idle thoughts is to try data acquisition. Keeps those little pesky devils and gremlins away. And once you got it you can just keep studying it and studying it and never spend another dime. And it makes everyone in the pro world faster, so it can't be all bad. Heck, even Senna checked out all his logger traces to see where he could go faster, and he was from the old school, and he even drove a turbo Honda.

It will make you young again, and improve the optimism as the lap times start to tumble;-)
Old 10-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I remember back when I was a young and optimistic Coyote... (Catch 22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I've identified racing as a major impediment to my enjoyment of driving.

No, you've identified ******* with the car as a major impediment to your enjoyment of driving. You don't actually manage to race enough for that to get in the way of anything.

IM Karl and have a little therapy session. Two years ago he felt the same. He wasn't having fun anymore and was wondering why he was spending too much time and money to not have fun.
Racing is complicated, but its only overcomplicated if you make it that way.

.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have been in this type of constant battle now for about 2 years. This entire GT1/Trans-Am thing I got myself into is not the smartest thing for me to do.
The work is absolutely massive for what has more often provided disapointment. I don't own the car, but I am involved financially to a point, and I work like an animal on it, for what has been not alot of track time, and most of the time in the car has been terrifying/frustrating, with some bursts of HUGE massive, like holy **** this is crazy I am driving this thing fun. Those moments make up for all the frustration.

We have talked about selling it and getting 2 IT cars, and run the hell out of them. But this past summer, we said the hell with it and threw down on the car, the owner, also being frustrated with it, finally agreed to spend the money where it was needed and we now have a car that can be reliable. We made many changes and just recently had the best time we have had with the car, having the work pay off was such a relief its crazy.
I have completely lost my train of though now, great.

Anyway, I think my point was that its important to not be constantly working on the car and actually use it for what its built, I was almost ready to give up, we had a big discussion about where to go with the car and agreed to stop doing silly stuff to it that makes no difference to its reliability. Racing is supposed to be fun, and to have fun you have to be at the track with someone in the car, driving the damn wheels off it.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I remember back when I was a young and optimistic Coyote... (pmachan)

wes who can sympathize and agrees that learning new things can get old and wes who never spoke in third person until entering the rr forum.