Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Honda-Tech Discount For NASA Events

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 09:36 AM
CPR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda-Tech Discount For NASA Events

I remember a thread a while back where there was a discussion about putting "Honda-Tech" in some part of the registration for an HPDE to be awarded the H-T discount. I can no longer find this thread since I'm not sure who started it or what search criteria to look for. Anybody have any info on this? TIA.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:37 AM
Rather OG

Default Re: Honda-Tech Discount For NASA Events (CPR)

I have an idea, but to obtain the sure-fire answer, e-mail Elyse Politi at nasava@poracing.com.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you're registering for an event you'll see a field labelled "sponsor". Put honda-tech there.

Old 04-17-2003, 12:33 PM
New User

Default Re: Honda-Tech Discount For NASA Events (Jason Franza)

Elyse is no longer the registrar. Contact Laura at the same address. She is the new registrar.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:33 PM
SJR

Default Re: Honda-Tech Discount For NASA Events (JeffS)

Edit: oops, just saw Grumpy's post. Mail sent to Laura.

Modified by SJR at 4:50 PM 4/17/2003
Old 04-17-2003, 02:56 PM
CPR

Default Re: Honda-Tech Discount For NASA Events (JeffS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When you're registering for an event you'll see a field labelled "sponsor". Put honda-tech there.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks fellas. That's exactly what I did. I couldn't stand waiting around for someone to email me back and risk the chance of my class being filled up by the time they got back to me.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:05 PM
SJR

here's my experience/adventure:
- tried to register for HPDE. Never asked about car and emergency contact. So I cancelled out of the credit card confirmation screen.
- started playing around (big mistake) and found that if I tried to register for BOTH race and HPDE I would be prompted for my car info (including sponsor field). SO I submitted the info, thinking I would get a confirmation screen before I got charged. Nope. Sorry.
So I sent another email to Laura and the webmaster in hope to get it straightened out. I swear, I have the worst track record getting registered for events with NASA. It has never gone smoothly for me - except when I dealt directly with Elyse over the phone and skipped the whole internet thang...

I'm sure it will get straightened out - but it's just an annoyance (and a double charge on my card - that'll teach me to play around on a semi-beta site! on me)
Old 04-17-2003, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Honda-Tech Discount For NASA Events (SJR)

Hi everyone!
I am the new NASA-VA Registrar and yes.....I am learning the new online registration system along with the rest of you!
I have done some test registrations and am not experiencing any problems; however, I know that the system may not be as "intuitive" as we would like and things are a little different than the timingroom site. However, we will get through this! Anyway...a few answers to a previous post of problems:

The car info and emergency contact page will come up after you submit your credit card info.
On the same page, there is a blank for sponsor. Put Honda-Tech there in order to get the discount. Remember that the discount applies to HPDE only. Also you are responsible for getting your discount from me at the track. We always make several announcements to come to the Cobetto Trailer to get your discount. (And please don't ask to get the refund on Saturday morning during actual registration when I will be swamped!)

If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, please e-mail me at registration@nasaracing.net. I will reply promptly. Unfortunately, I will not be able to "lurk" on this board as much as I would like, but I will try to post general announcements and answers for any consistent questions people may have. At least 10 days prior to each event, I will send specific information regarding what to do once you get to the track. If there is anyway I can help or if you have suggestions for improvements, please let me know!
Laura Cobetto
NASA-VA Registrar

Old 04-17-2003, 08:19 PM
.RJ

Default Re: Honda-Tech Discount For NASA Events (NASAlaura)

I emailed the address you listed a few times before CMP.....

Given this new registration system through nasa national (it sucks compared to timingroom) we are required to pay with credit card. Why cant we just print out a registration form, fill it out, and send it to you with a check as in the past?
Old 04-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honda-Tech Discount For NASA Events (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I emailed the address you listed a few times before CMP.....

Given this new registration system through nasa national (it sucks compared to timingroom) we are required to pay with credit card. Why cant we just print out a registration form, fill it out, and send it to you with a check as in the past?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its what "nasa national" wants, along w/ the HC rule change....

Corey - who loves NASA-VA region, before National stepped in..
Old 04-17-2003, 08:31 PM

RJ
The address was changed from Elyse to me about 5 days ago. Elyse may have already left for the track when you sent your e-mail before the event.

I have no problem accepting registrations by mail or fax if you don't like the online system. Be sure and mail it early though since I will need to key everything in. If I were to receive several mail registrations the last week, I would really be in a time crunch. I will send you an e-mail confirmation of when I receive the info.

Also, since I was not familiar with timingroom, please let me know by e-mail what you liked better about it and what problems you have with the current system. I may be able to help make some changes that will benefit everyone. (Fewer problems = fewer phone calls and e-mails for me to answer!)

Laura Cobetto, NASA-VA Registrar
registration@nasaracing.net

Old 04-17-2003, 08:32 PM
.RJ

Default Re: Honda-Tech Discount For NASA Events (Honda318dx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda318dx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its what "nasa national" wants, along w/ the HC rule change....

Corey - who loves NASA-VA region, before National stepped in..</TD></TR></TABLE>

It seems what "nasa national wants" may not be in line with the people who are supporting the organization want.

I didnt see any web based surveys, emails or referendum in any form before these changes were made.

I love NASA-VA because of the great people associated with the event and the great time i have with them......
Old 04-17-2003, 08:33 PM
.RJ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NASAlaura &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have no problem accepting registrations by mail or fax if you don't like the online system. Be sure and mail it early though since I will need to key everything in. If I were to receive several mail registrations the last week, I would really be in a time crunch. I will send you an e-mail confirmation of when I receive the info.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where can entry forms be downloaded from? I couldnt find any on the website (Nasa Va or National) to print out before CMP.

Thanks,

RJ
Old 04-17-2003, 08:36 PM

.RJ
I can fax or e-mail one to you. E-mail me -

Laura Cobetto
registration@nasaracing.net
Old 04-17-2003, 08:38 PM
.RJ

Email sent
Old 04-18-2003, 04:29 AM
New User

Default Re: Honda-Tech Discount For NASA Events (Grumpy)

Sorry ladies and gentlemen: I should have posted that I would be stepping down as registrar before this. Growing a new business that is phone intensive has left me with not as much time as I had to take care of NASA things responsibly.

Laura will do a great job as registrar. Many of you know her as she is the one that holds the purse strings and gets you your discount money at the track.

The new reigstration system needs a little time also. I can remember a few compalinst about timingroom in the beginning and now look how you all have adapted!!!!!

I encourage you however, NOT to use the old way of doing things as much as possible. There weren't many of you that paid by check - in fact I think as a whole, about 98% of all registrations were by credit card. So for your ease AND Laura's, (who will be doing this and all the regular stuff she does like getting food, taking care of all the rest of the admin stuff) don't go backwards and start faxing and emailing registrations.

Multiply your time spent times as many other people doing this and then think about one person having to find this time to get your registrations done.

However, DO send emails and let her know ( and National) what you miss and what you don't like. YOu did that with me and things got better.

So have patience..... You all are computer people so you know things don't change overnight, and you also know how a paperless system cuts down on time.

HAVE FAITH!!!!

Elyse
former NASA-VA Registrar
Old 04-18-2003, 05:01 AM
Rather OG

Default Re: Honda-Tech Discount For NASA Events (Grumpy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Grumpy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Elyse is no longer the registrar. Contact Laura at the same address. She is the new registrar.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Shame on me, Jim. I knew that from CMP.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:41 AM
SJR

cool. I knew my putzing around was gonna bring me trouble! Oh well, it just goes to show that no matter how well you try to test your application you can never predict what the user is going to do. thanks a lot for the responsiveness.
that is the one thing I can never say enough about NASA. No matter if things sometimes get a little screwy, them folks are always ready to help and make things right. I like that. Customer service rules!
ok, gotta get some coffee in me now.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:08 AM
New User

Default Re: Honda-Tech Discount For NASA Events (SJR)

Guys,

I have to step in here a little.

We, of course, believe in making sure everyone is happy (as most of you know already) but there are limits, not because of desire but because of time. This is, technically, a small business and automation is critical. The national online system works. I have used it myself and it is not difficult, just different than timing room. Laura has graciously agreed to accept mail or faxed in applications which is fine....BUT if the volume becomes too high we will have to impose a surcharge for her to enter in the information herself. Keep in mind that if you mail or fax you may lose a spot to someone that enters online. We are able to offer low weekend rates and then discounts on top of that for the Honda-Tech crew. We are happy to do it but I would strongly suggest that you become familiar with the new system.

Here is a "How to" Guide for HPDE Registrations

How to Register for an HPDE

1) Print out the HPDE Pre-Tech Form
This form will need to be filled out and signed prior to your arrival at the track.
http://www.nasaproracing.com/i...h.pdf

2) Register online by following the directions below.

If you are ALREADY a member of NASA then:
• Goto http://www.nasaproracing.com
• Login
• Click “Register for an Event”
• Scroll Down to “Virginia Region”
• Click on “Register” button for the Event you wish to attend.
• Put a “check” in the “PICK beside the word "HPDE”
• Pick your HPDE class (1,2, or 3) from the “Class” column
• Click “Add”
• Click “Checkout”
• Your personal information will appear. If it is all correct then click “Submit”..If it is NOT current then update and click “Submit”
• Fill in Credit Card information and click “Submit”
• You will receive a confirmation by email

If you are NOT a member of NASA then:
• Goto http://www.nasaproracing.com
• Click “Login”
• Go to the bottom of the screen and click “…create a new account”
• Fill in the required fields, write your email and password down, and click “Create New Account”
• Click the “Register for an event here” button
• Scroll Down to “Virginia Region”
• Click on “Register” button for the Event you wish to attend.
• Put a “check” in the “PICK" box beside the word ‘HPDE’”
• Pick your HPDE class (1,2, or 3) from the “Class” column
• Click “Add”
• Click “Checkout”
• Your personal information will appear. You will need to fill out all blanks with red stars beside them then click “Submit”
• Fill in Credit Card information and click “Submit”
• You will receive a confirmation by email
Old 04-18-2003, 09:56 AM
SJR

Chris,
apparently, you need to add two steps between "Fill in credit card info and click submit" and "receive conf. via email":

"Review/Enter car information (including sponsor = Honda-Tech.) Click Submit"
"Review/Enter Emergency contact info. Click Submit"