Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (johng)

Can you take back the seats and the harness? For good priced, entry-level seats, have a look at http://www.corbeau.com . Their seat brackets allow for the attachment of the OE buckle. Use the OE buckle (with colorful shoulder pads ~sorry~ couldn't resist) for street use, and the harness for track duty...as it was intended.

John -- who's been listening to that rave music on the Weapon-R site, and now wants to go boggie.

[Modified by johng, 9:43 PM 4/16/2002]
no, i can't. i bought them like 3 months ago, and they've been sitting in my room because i haven't had time to mess with them. how would i mount the Corbeau seats when i would still have the same problem i do now? the stock buckle is WELDED to the seat...that's why i couldn't attach it to my current Arospeed seats
Old 04-16-2002, 08:54 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (hot_EF)

I can't believe it is welded to the seat rail. It has to bolt somewhere. Receivers go bad occasionally. It needs to be relatively easy to replace. Somewhere it has to bolt up.

Take pictures of it and post them so we can see what you are dealing with.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (SOLOef)

he said he just unbolted the resepticle from the seat and boled it to the seat rail. do that and u can use ur new seats and have a quality seatbelt.

I was just wondering about how/why it would be welded together on a Honda... it seems like that would screw anyone who ever cracked one due to sun/heat/mis-use/wreck/etc.

On my Nissan, the stock belt receptacle (plug-in part) unbolted from the stock bracket via two big-*** bolts, and bolted directly onto the corresponding side of the Corbeau bracket. Took 5 minutes and works perfectly for street

FYI- I hear that Arospeed has car-specific brackets available, just like Corbeau. So is the Honda stuff really welded together? I'm mostly surprised because that seems like it would be harder/more expensive to manufacture than a bolt-together setup...

Curious,

Jon
Old 04-16-2002, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cut and re-weld? That may be your best bet, but I dunno...I can't see what you have to work with. Sell the seats and start over? Can you mate the OE seat brackets to the new fancy seats?
I'm tired and need some sleep now. This was a fun thread and I'll be dreaming of that rave music tonight. Thanks Drew.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (getfast)

he said he just unbolted the resepticle from the seat and boled it to the seat rail. do that and u can use ur new seats and have a quality seatbelt.

I was just wondering about how/why it would be welded together on a Honda... it seems like that would screw anyone who ever cracked one due to sun/heat/mis-use/wreck/etc.

On my Nissan, the stock belt receptacle (plug-in part) unbolted from the stock bracket via two big-*** bolts, and bolted directly onto the corresponding side of the Corbeau bracket. Took 5 minutes and works perfectly for street

FYI- I hear that Arospeed has car-specific brackets available, just like Corbeau. So is the Honda stuff really welded together? I'm mostly surprised because that seems like it would be harder/more expensive to manufacture than a bolt-together setup...

Curious,

Jon
the buckle is bolted on...i took out the bolt, and the buckle still didn't come out, so i looked closer, and it's welded at the base. i don't know why it's welded..but both seats are like that. i'll try to get a pick up because i have a feeling people don't believe me about it
Old 04-16-2002, 09:00 PM
New User

Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (johng)

No problem John!

Cobra - Who will turn John into an E-dropping raver yet . . .
Old 04-16-2002, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if its just tack welded on the bottom, break it. OR hit up a junk yard and see if u can score one there.
Old 04-16-2002, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (SOLOef)

ok HOT EF. heres the deal. i asked my friend (who is on this board) about how he did it in his car. he has an eg also and he has sparco recliners in his car w/ harnesses for autocross. he said he just unbolted the resepticle from the seat and boled it to the seat rail.
do that and u can use ur new seats and have a quality seatbelt.
I am not the friend that he is refering to, but this is what exactly what I did with my Sparcos. Go to a junkyard and pick up two females (the buckle ends) and bolt them to one corner of your seat base mount with the appropriate grade and length bolt and multiple washers. This process is detailed on http://www.sandmracing.com, I believe, by two very helpful dudes. Ignore the above comment if the aRoSpeeD subframes are too tIzzIte to accomodate buckles. Couldn't resist...
Old 04-17-2002, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there is no way the buckle is welded to the seat , I work at JUNKYARD and pull these things off all the time
del sols - not welded
tegs - not welded
civics - not welded

i believe that yours could just be "stuck" on from soda or a spill or something , and i have seen them where they bolt on but you have to twist it to get it loose -

try that and DONT put that **** in your car

like everyone said - Del sol seats are awesome , so are the integra seats
and all the buckles are the same so you dont have to change much at all
Old 04-17-2002, 06:47 AM

Not to add fuel to the fire, but there is one harness I know of that's DOT approved. Schroth makes 4-point harness with what they call ASM (anti-submarining technology). You should still mount the shoulder straps as high as possible to avoid spinal compression. Easier to do on a sedan that has decent framing behind the seat. Don't know where you'd attach that high on a hatch.

Anyway, here's a site that has some info about them.
http://www.autotech.com/schroth.htm

[Modified by Geezer, 10:47 AM 4/17/2002]
Old 04-17-2002, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (Cobra)

It may *look* the same but I GUARANTEE you that the Weapon R IS NOT a re-badged Sabelt.
Right. If you look at the advertisements for Weapon R (and most "SHOW" harnesses it says in really small bold letters "Not for competition use only - to only be used for show purposes".

Well that should bling bling a thought. Hrm...

I would be weary of a company that doesn't have any certifications behind their harnesses - unlike Schroth, Momo, Sabelt, and others.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (Cobra)

Just to show you - look where they put harnesses under: http://www.weapon-r.com/styling.html

Styling? On other websites harnesses are on the Safety section.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:58 AM

i'm not into auto X at ALL.....my car only sees street use...never even been to the drag track.
Then why the hell did this get posted in the COMPETITION board?
Old 04-17-2002, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (Geratol)

i'm not into auto X at ALL.....my car only sees street use...never even been to the drag track.

so i could get some kind of decent answer....now when i read all this, i understand what you guys are saying, and i'm not going to use the harness, but the way all you ****** went about telling me is just then half you riceboys don't even read my posts, you just see my intial topic and post your BS before even reading.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha who are you to call anyone a riceboy, you are the one getting all the parts for looks and not function. hell you dont even have any use for the product in question. pretty much everyone in this forum competes at some level of competition (shows dont count) so to call people in here riceboys is about as far into left field as you can get.

Brian
Old 04-17-2002, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (Geratol)

There was a time in the not too distant past where the competition board boasted a lot of very savvy and very helpful people that not only helped bring this street driver to the track but the guys I met there were the nicest and most helpful I have met to date. I liked those times.

Adam - who was looking at a Wings West catalog 2+ years ago for a nice cowl and wing for the Legend Coupe.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (Brian*Black99Si)

hahaha who are you to call anyone a riceboy, you are the one getting all the parts for looks and not function. hell you dont even have any use for the product in question. pretty much everyone in this forum competes at some level of competition (shows dont count) so to call people in here riceboys is about as far into left field as you can get.

Brian
well who are ANY of you to call me riceboy? as soon as i thought about the weapon R harness i decided not to use it. you people wouldn't let it go though. the replies just keep comin with 'bling bling' 'rice' etc. i don't compete in shows, and just cuz you 'compete' in ANYTHING doesn't give you the right to have this 'art greater than thou' attitude that all you ****** in auto X and crap think you're all big and bad. you people don't know....heck, you don't even know my car, you don't know what mods i have...nothin. cept that i have an EF and a EG. so how can you call me ricey just because i made a mistake on a harness that i'm not going to use?
Old 04-17-2002, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

*edited* blah no sense in arguing in here blah *edited*

Brian

[Modified by Brian*Black99Si, 8:47 PM 4/17/2002]
Old 04-17-2002, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (Brian*Black99Si)

but you said you dont compete, it doesnt get much simpler than that

Brian
FYI, my simple mind doesn't compete because i don't have the time to. school, school, school, drive, drive, drive is how my time is spent. oh, yeah, and then on my sick days i like to sit around H-T and get flamed!
Old 04-17-2002, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's hard to define, but companies like Aerospeed and Weapon-R are rice, while products from companies like AEM and Greddy are not quite as ricey, and products from companies like OMP and Sabelt have a very low rice factor, if any. It's just something someone eventually learns. After a while the distinction becomes obvious. Function over form.

[Modified by 4doorH22, 4:00 PM 4/17/2002]
Old 04-17-2002, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (4doorH22)

It's hard to define, but companies like Aerospeed and Weapon-R are rice, while products from companies like AEM and Greddy are not quite rice, and products from companies like OMP and Sabelt are the antithesis of rice. It's just something someone eventually learns. After a while the distinction becomes obvious. Function over form.
how the crap are my Arospeed seats ricey? they look great, the FEEL great, they are decently priced..what's the problem? because they haven't been crash tested..i can see that. but i HIGHLY doubt these seats will fall apart. there's no way they are any less structurally rigid than my stock POS CX seats. i guess me getting seats with a back support doesn't follow function over form? bull crap.
Old 04-17-2002, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I edited my post, but I think Aerospeed makes those intercooler-type air intakes, BOV style intakes, crap like that.
Old 04-17-2002, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (phat-S)

There was a time in the not too distant past where the competition board boasted a lot of very savvy and very helpful people that not only helped bring this street driver to the track but the guys I met there were the nicest and most helpful I have met to date. I liked those times.

Adam - who was looking at a Wings West catalog 2+ years ago for a nice cowl and wing for the Legend Coupe.
I was there too, looking at body kits and crap like that in the not too distant past (for an old 87 Teg no less!) but I'm just saying people should be smart about where they post messages. If you ask me the competition board should be for competition related topics, and if you have a question about installing a harness in a civic for street driving then post it in the Civic or Tech board.
Old 04-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how?? (4doorH22)

I edited my post, but I think Aerospeed makes those intercooler-type air intakes, BOV style intakes, crap like that.
yes they do. but tell you what? why don't you come over here look and sit in my seats and then tell me that they're 'crap'.

I was there too, looking at body kits and crap like that in the not too distant past (for an old 87 Teg no less!) but I'm just saying people should be smart about where they post messages. If you ask me the competition board should be for competition related topics, and if you have a question about installing a harness in a civic for street driving then post it in the Civic or Tech board.
and if you read my posts, you will see that i DID post that on the civic board and got no response.

Old 04-17-2002, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's totally subjective. I'm ultra conservative. I think any decal or windshield banner (besides sponsors that pay) is rice. Basically anything that does not make the car perform better or make it safer is rice. Your seats and harness are okay i guess. I have a blue valve cover...

Quick Reply: Help installing Weapon R seat harnesses....how??