Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Gauging interest: Motion to start a NWHC

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gauging interest: Motion to start a NWHC (JHill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JHill &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...and I am sure there would be no provision or way to run the classes in the same group.

Jim</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bingo. If we all had H3/4/5 cars we could fit in well with one of the established Conference race groups. To include H1 and H2 cars, you would have to have an entirely new race group which is nearly impossible, even with visiting groups such as WTCC or the Vintage guys.

Old 03-26-2004, 08:38 AM

H1, H4, H5 would all be separate classes. That makes it tough.
Ok here is what we do, mock HC. We all race in are respected sanctioned classes.
Amoung ourselves we are racing in the HC classes. It's non sanctioned, no sanctioned points, worthless outside our community, but it's kind of a start. False as it may be.

Ok, let the flaming begin.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:08 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Gauging interest: Motion to start a NWHC (JAMES "A")

Who is going to be the point man on this? Greg, Jim, James? Obviously, the guys I already know have put some thought into this.

You guys need to figure out who will be a point of contact. After you do that, you really need to contact me. No, really. There are things that I can do that will really help you.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Gauging interest: Motion to start a NWHC (JAMES "A")

Not really a bad idea James. I think it could be done if everyone entered SPU. Group 1 is one of the smaller groups. Then everyone could run together without worry of the conference rulebook other than SPU, which is very straightforward.

It would then be a matter of everyones commitment to doing it.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

James: I agree... This was actually a thought that we had discussed amongst ourselves before... A "mock" series using a hybrid of rules until we gain enough competitors.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:49 AM

We (those of us at TC) talked to Conference about finding an existing group to run with, Jim. At that time, there was some resistance to puting ITA and ITC (H4 and H5 respectively) in a group where the bigger faster cars play.

This is one point where the ICSCC insurance advisor thought we might be stepping beyond our "regular" insurance parameters. Thunderhill worked because we had all the cars marked and timed with Conference classes and they felt the mazda/honda group would be fine without the risk of running with the big GT cars.

Mike... I'll help consult and represent TC but as far as officially organizing, I'll leave it up to the guys up north. The SCCBC will need to get the support of their drivers, but it's been stated, most of the canadian honda guys don't come and race with conference outside of Mission.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Gauging interest: Motion to start a NWHC (G3-TEG)

Well, I have a car that's not doing much sitting in the garage, so I believe I would have to participate in order to justify keeping it around. I would definitely be in
Old 03-26-2004, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Gauging interest: Motion to start a NWHC (bulldog_RS20)

[QUOTE=bulldog_RS20]We (those of us at TC) talked to Conference about finding an existing group to run with, Jim. At that time, there was some resistance to puting ITA and ITC (H4 and H5 respectively) in a group where the bigger faster cars play.

This is one point where the ICSCC insurance advisor thought we might be stepping beyond our "regular" insurance parameters. Thunderhill worked because we had all the cars marked and timed with Conference classes and they felt the mazda/honda group would be fine without the risk of running with the big GT cars.
[QUOTE]

That is right in theory Greg, although SPU already allows all cars under 2L, and currently has cars running up to 30 seconds/lap slower than the front of the grid. Even the H5 cars would be closer than that, so in reality that is some pretty poor reasoning. I think there was an effort to remove the GT1 cars from group 1, which are the real problem, and move them to Group 4 ITE, as there is poor attendance with the really fast cars, and no good reason to provide 2 run groups for the 2 cars that show up. Not enough time in the day. Maybe Rick could shed some light on this.

Old 03-26-2004, 11:29 AM

I share your thoughts regarding Group 1.

I sat through 50 hrs of meetings representing the Honda Challenge contingeny just to get approval to run an ICSCC race under NASA classifications. At first, they wanted the cars to run in the groups that the cars were legal for under current ICSCC rules!!

The TC/WCHC race was a bigger deal than anyone realizes.

The problem with any organization with rules (just as we complain...) is that if is doesn't say you can, then you can't... and right now ICSCC rules don't say you can. Although less so than SCCA, the old guard in Conference can be pretty unweilding.

The best bet is to work with your Comp Board rep and start making inquiries...
Old 03-26-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Gauging interest: Motion to start a NWHC (bulldog_RS20)

BTW, if any of you guys are looking to go through the novice program, there are a couple seats available to share in two of the quickest ITA CRX's in the Northwest. You could even start in April at the Mission race if everything was in order.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:09 PM

Werd Cres and PAt...Ill be down.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:15 PM

A vote all the way from Edmonton!
Old 03-27-2004, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (OEM_Spec)

To keep things moving along - what do you think the next step is here? It looks like we have more than enough interest from the show of hands here.

What do you all think the next course of action is?
Old 03-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (G3-TEG)

I already posted this above.

Figure out what you are doing & then email me. I am the NorCal Group Leader for HC. I can handle the NASA end for you guys.

Greg M sort of volunteered to be the point man....I think.
If you weren't around last year, Greg (Bulldog) organized the TC Honda Challenge event @ Thunderhill. NASA NorCal ran a points race there as a guest group of TC.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The easiest route to having HC in the NW is to have licensed drivers petition ICSCC in the early fall. Each class, H1-H5 would have to have 5 licensed drivers signing the petition with their intent to run the class along with a copy of the class rules.

A provisional class created simpe as that. Championship status and year end awards are obtained by achieving 2.5 entries per race average. If the 2.5 average is met, the class is moved from "provisional" status to "championship" status there after. (Current schedule requires 30 entries for a season)

The big issue is to find track time, which is at a premium, if a HC only run group is desired.

Rick
Old 03-29-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: (turfer)

looks good.....engine?
Old 03-30-2004, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hoochie the Haggard Clown)

Ok.. so seeing as this thread is starting to lose some momentum, lets take a poll of who will/would be entered in which class and see where the numbers fall.

H1: 0
H2: 0
H3: 0
H4: G3-TEG
H5: 0
Old 03-30-2004, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G3-TEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">H1: 0
H4: G3-TEG
H5: Johng</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-30-2004, 08:26 PM

H4: G3-TEG, Bulldog_rs20,
H5: Johng
Old 03-30-2004, 08:38 PM

Default Re: (bulldog_RS20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bulldog_RS20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
H4: G3-TEG, Bulldog_rs20, JHill
H5: Johng</TD></TR></TABLE>

I might be H1 depending on if anyone else is committed to it as well.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe our CRX, as is, is an H1 car, so you may have at least one running mate.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JHill &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW, if any of you guys are looking to go through the novice program, there are a couple seats available to share in two of the quickest ITA CRX's in the Northwest. You could even start in April at the Mission race if everything was in order.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man I only wish.... It's gonna take me another year (possibly two) to get my finances in order before I can step up to the plate though. Maybe by then my CRX will be ITA ready. (pretty much just needs a cage and tires as it sits now)
Old 03-31-2004, 09:11 AM

Default Re: (JHill)

H4: G3-TEG, Bulldog_rs20, JHill, James "A"
H5: Johng

Wow, big grid!!
Doesn't matter if we or authorized or organized amoung ourselves, we are all in group 2. There will be a HC like it or not.
The only negative thing i can think of is if that green EG6 with the orange dots is in front of me.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:02 AM

Default Re: (JAMES "A")

Keep and eye on the avacado... I heard he has an air horn to scare you off the track. I also heard a rumor that he has light weight cheater door panels which make his car wicked fast...
Old 03-31-2004, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bulldog_RS20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bulldog_RS20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Keep and eye on the avacado... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Avacado??!! That's a good one. Remind me to kick you in the shin next time I see you.

John, who's having some killer graphic work done for the "avacado" as we speak. It's all about "looking fast"... isn't that right Mr. Dole Banana?

Modified by johng at 11:20 AM 3/31/2004

Quick Reply: Gauging interest: Motion to start a NWHC