Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Say what?

Button leaves BAR Honda.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say what? (bb6h22a)

I was just about to post this! Who saw THAT coming!?

I guess its time to start the Jacques back to BAR rumors.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:24 PM

Craziness! It's gotta be a money issue b/c I certainly think BAR has the steam now to start working towards a championship. But if this promotes Davidson it'll be cool to see what he can do on race day. Now they've just gotta get Taku to keep his machines fast and together
Old 08-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say what? (Sean O'Gorman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sean O’Gorman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was just about to post this! Who saw THAT coming!?

I guess its time to start the Jacques back to BAR rumors. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Either way, JV certainly didn't like getting up to read about his *supposed* seat at Williams taken up by the kid who outshined him at BAR. Pure rumor has it that Mika has been offered a test in a BAR, and if he likes it, he'll be offered a ride.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Jeeze....... personally I don't think this is the right move for Jenson. For his sake I hope Williams doesn't put together another junk car for next year.

Brian
Old 08-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is another article on it:
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/h...shtml

EDIT: BTW, your thread title sucks.

RE-EDIT: RJ fixed it for you
Old 08-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Say what? (Spade)

BAR needs a better driver than Button....Honda needs to put up the money to get Schumi to BAR! Oh wait....that's in my wet dream.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say what? (Spade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

EDIT: BTW, your thread title sucks.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wanted to leave some element of suprise, but it was very vague. Thanks for the edit, RJ.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say what? (Marauder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marauder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BAR needs a better driver than Button....Honda needs to put up the money to get Schumi to BAR! Oh wait....that's in my wet dream.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Better than Button? Button is 3rd in the championship points standing you know. Not swinging on Buttons nuts or anything but, I think he's proven if given a proper chassis he can be a threat.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bb6h22a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I wanted to leave some element of suprise, but it was very vague. Thanks for the edit, RJ.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was only pissy because I searched for any news of this then made a thread and it got locked.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marauder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BAR needs a better driver than Button....</TD></TR></TABLE>

History doesn't agree with you.
Button has outshone both his former team - mates at BAR, and also did very well against Ralf when Button was with Williams.

Modified by bb6h22a at 4:03 PM 8/5/2004
Old 08-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bb6h22a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">History doesn't agree with you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's okay....I'm not even being serious. I can't even follow F1 since I don't have Speed Channel
Old 08-05-2004, 03:04 PM
RAB

WHAT! wow. Sato has a job next year.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marauder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's okay....I'm not even being serious. I can't even follow F1 since I don't have Speed Channel </TD></TR></TABLE>

You can keep up with F1 via this site and speedtv.com. (Among many others.)
Old 08-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bb6h22a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can keep up with F1 via this site and speedtv.com. (Among many others.)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, don't think so. If I can't watch races on TV, what's the point?! I have dialup internet too. I'll just have to wait to have my own place and get cable TV that has it. I have a rental and don't pay for the cable, but get 80+ channels of everything but Speed!

I have seen a couple races, and Button was kicking some nice *** this year! Too bad Sato kept blowing his engine!
Old 08-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say what? (RAB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RAB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WHAT! wow. Sato has a job next year.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeap i guess he does, but does anybody think villeanuve will come back? I heard he has been traniing really hard
Old 08-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say what? (trigun7469)

now that was unexpected. i just became a williams fan. (loyalty is still with the big red machine though )

i think webber and button will be a great pair. i'm watching windtunnel tonight for sure.

Old 08-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Old 08-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say what? (Tyson)

Looks like plans may be blunted by a legal battle...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Button likely to find legal battle barring path to BMW-Williams
By Kevin Eason

JENSON BUTTON is getting ready to walk out on the team that saved his Formula One career to take a £10 million-a-year contract with BMWWilliams next season. But executives at his BAR Honda team, who have helped the youngster to third place in the World Championship this season, will not give up without a fight and will today serve legal papers that could embroil Button in a court battle that will tarnish his image as the golden boy of British motor racing.

BAR believed that signing Button for another two years, with a hefty pay rise, was a formality under the terms of their present contract, which gave them first call on his services. Button, too, seemed enthusiastic. But BAR’s dream of taking the Englishman to a remarkable World Championship victory turned out to be no more than an illusion when his management company, Essentially Sport, issued a letter yesterday said to question Honda’s commitment.

That gave Button a get-out clause, which has, it is understood, allowed him to tear up the option that BAR held on him for another two years to sign with BMW-Williams, the team that brought him into Formula One at 19. The deal, revealed for the first time today by The Times, was secret and will come as a bombshell to Formula One.

The 400 staff at BAR Honda’s factory in Brackley, Northamptonshire, were said to be shocked by the news, having invested their faith in one of the most charismatic properties in world sport; Button was not just the team’s No 1 driver, but their figurehead. His departure would not only have severe implications for the team’s future on the track, but could have a dramatic effect on their commercial future, with sponsors attracted to Button’s outgoing personality and his “Posh and Becks” style relationship with Louise Griffiths, his fiancée who is trying to launch a pop music career.

David Richards, the team principal, was last night trying to contact Button to get an explanation as to why the driver he had nurtured had terminated their relationship so abruptly. The last time Richards saw Button was when they drank champagne together after the German Grand Prix 12 days ago, when their driver took an heroic second place. Button has since gone on a well-earned holiday.

A furious Richards said: “To be treated like this is dumbfounding. We are all utterly shaken. I have got 400 people in this factory who have worked their socks off night and day and then the guy who gets all the credit and drinks the champagne turns around and ditches them.

“I cannot believe that Jenson wants to leave. There is a hidden agenda here somewhere and we are determined this is not going to happen. Somebody has been looking for a get-out clause because there is absolutely no doubt Honda are committed. Honda only announced they were renewing and extending their contract with us before the race in Germany, so why should there be a doubt?

“We believe we can make Jenson Button a world champion and we, with Honda, have proved this year that we are going in the right direction and we thought we were all going together. Perhaps Jenson has been led in another direction — down the garden path. I can only hope that I can talk to him and make sense of what is going on.”

Button’s career was effectively rescued by Richards after a couple of years in which his future in Formula One teetered precariously on the precipice. Brought into the sport by Sir Frank Williams, Button became Formula One’s prodigy and its youngest points scorer in only his second race. But he was then dumped to allow Juan Pablo Montoya to join Williams and was sent to Benetton-Renault where he spent an unhappy two years.

Just when it seemed his promise might fizzle out, Richards put him alongside Jacques Villeneuve at BAR. Richards and BAR provided an environment that supported Button, now 24, and he has thrived; he embarrassed the 1997 world champion last season and this year has been knocking on the door of his first victory, all signs that seemed to point to an alliance that could break the stranglehold that Ferrari, McLaren and Williams have held on Formula One.

However, Williams has long been an admirer and needed a replacement to partner Mark Webber for 2005. Despite that, he will not want a legal battle to get his man and that is the messy prospect that faces Button, BAR and Williams.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-05-2004, 04:22 PM
shit post warrior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All this proves loyalty doesn't mean **** when money is put on the table!

If the deal was to fall through by legal battle or not, things will never be the same between Button and Richards/BAR.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say what? (ITRbroham)

I cant believe it!!! I dont understand why he would do it other than $....BAR has 0wned Williams and really expect next year to be even better one for BAR...or at least, I did.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:08 PM

That's the problem with Hondas. Everybody seems to outgrow them

P.S. Jensen Button can kiss my goddam ***
Old 08-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, i'm in shock....
Old 08-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think Honda needs to come all those profits, & make Mika an offer he can't refuse.

Michael has said that, if anybody was going to beat Ferrari, it would likely be Honda.

Mika has really been the only one that has truely brought it to Michael. He has given him all he can handle & has beaten him.

I think a Mika/Honda combo would have big red seriously worried.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say what? (civicgsir)

Was McLaren still using the Honda engines when Mika first came on board?

Quick Reply: F1: Button goes to Williams in 2005