Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

EMracing bars

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMracing bars

Ok, I've read all the threads in the archives on these bars, but people are so back and forth on them that I Have no clue what to believe. I am interested in purchasing them and the triangulation method really does make sense mechanically if you think about it. Anyway, who has real world experience with these? On the street and on the track.

Thanks for your help.

For 385 shipped you get the rear strut bar, c-pillar bar, and the triangulation bar from strut to c point. Any better suggestions of spending $385 on suspension .... an no I'm not going to get a cage.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EMracing bars (hybridcrx)

Get a rollbar, which serves a purpose besides making your backseat useless.

You will not gain anything by making the rear cabin stiffer. That is like Item 6 trillion on a list of things you should do.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have coilovers yet?
better off doing that first, if better handling is what your after
also better tires will also give you better handling
Old 03-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What kind of racing? Regardless, I'd do a LSD and/or final drive before anything else but that might be outside of your budget. Tires?

I'd say 6,000,000,000,001 on the braces, unless the point is to install something that people can see, costs that much, and doesn't require any knowledge to install or set up...

K
Old 03-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EMracing bars (Knestis)

I got the EM c-pillar in my EF...
didnt really notice any difference when i put it in..besides it stopped
a few rattles in the hatch area ..just like everyone said.
but now im just starting to look at it as a piece of "bling".
i have to admit it does look good, but that whole 3 piece set-up
EM offers is (IMO) a waste of money. if your looking for suspension/
chassis modification...the best investment (as far as bars) would be
a roll bar/cage.
if your looking for "bling" invest that $385 in something else
Old 03-13-2004, 07:35 PM
I really don't know

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: EMracing bars (Die-Laughing)

save your money and get a roll cage
Old 03-13-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Re: EMracing bars (JDM EK9)

Tein SS coilovers and Falken Azenis tires are on the way now.

Like I said ... I don't want a roll cage/bar.

I noticed a huge difference when I put Strut bars and Rear Sway bar on my crx si that I owned last. I don't see how you guys are saying its the last thing I should do.

Again this is going on a GSR.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2004, 08:29 PM
.RJ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I don't see how you guys are saying its the last thing I should do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because it should be. You're not running on race tires and 1200 lb springs - chassis stiffness is the last thing you should worry about, at least in a modern car.

Do some track days/autocross. If you have money burning a hole and want parts then a bigger rear swaybar (23mm JDM ITR bar is a low cost option) will make a big difference.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I noticed a huge difference when I put Strut bars and Rear Sway bar on my crx si that I owned last.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes you noticed a "huge" difference, but you saying that is irrelevent to any factoral information generated by a dyno.....you may have "felt" a difference in the car's handling, but weather the difference you felt was a positive or negative one is another question.

This topic has become one of the most controversial topics in this forum. Until a 500 page report on a colaberation relating c-pillar bars in relation to the centrifical pull of gravity from the moon is evaluated, em-racing bars and other relational bolt on items there of are irrelevent to enhacing a chassis of a racing vehicle.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:38 PM
.RJ

Default Re: EMracing bars (InfamousDC2FI)

IMO, by the time you are using tires sticky enough and springs stiff enough that chassis flex becomes a concern, you are going fast enough that you better damn well have a cage, which will solve your problem
Old 03-13-2004, 08:46 PM

Default Re: EMracing bars (.RJ)

My main dilema with the cage/bar is losing every day comfort/ease of use of car. I would love to have a cage, but...nah, not until I have a 2nd car.

I appreciate all your ideas/inputs. I still don't see how some of you can say that a good rear strut bar or beefier Rear sway wouldn't help the handling characteristics of the car a noticeable amount.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I still don't see how some of you can say that a good rear strut bar or beefier Rear sway wouldn't help the handling characteristics of the car a noticeable amount.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Look again... They're saying a beefier rear sway bar will help.... a C-pillar bar will not. A strut tie bar..... the jury's still out on that one.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

maybe you are so confused if because you dont have a CLUE on the difference between a STRUT bar and a SWAY bar. TOTALLY different. rear sway bars make a TON of difference, rear STRUT bars make NO applicable difference. a sway bar is a functional part of the suspension, a strut bar is a passive structural member.

Old 03-14-2004, 07:03 AM
I really don't know

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: EMracing bars (Tyson)

it seems like you are set on buying some of these ABCD pillar bars, so just go out and buy them, why stir up a conflict when you aren't willing to listen to people's ideas.

Old 03-14-2004, 08:13 AM

Default Re: EMracing bars (JDM EK9)

Lol, I'm not set on ignoring your guys' advice at all. It looks like I'm just going to go with a rear sway bar. Sorry if I voice my opinion and try to add to the conversation rather than just listening to whatever people tell me. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It is not safe to have people in the rear seat with the Em Racing bars. That's why I suggested a rollbar since you lose you back seats anyway.

A swaybar will make a difference, and will cost less. If you care about looks them wear a pinstripe suit.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:41 PM

Default Re: EMracing bars (GSpeedR)

I don't care about looks at all, if I did, I wouldn't have posted this topic. I want function, not fashion. Plus, I don't even like pinstripe suits

The c-pillar bar from emracing is removable and I would only have used the traingulation bar at track days. Roll cage is not removable.

I have been swayed it seems and will be purchasing a rear sway bar in the future.

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: EMracing bars (GSpeedR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSpeedR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you care about looks then wear a pinstripe suit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Man, I haven't laughed that hard in a while!!!!! This one's going on my favorite quotes list!!