Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

ECHC Driver in need!! [URGENT]

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 06:05 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECHC Driver in need!! [URGENT]

Todd Reid (civic hatch/LS swap) has a busted injector. He's in need on one to compete tomorrow in the ECHC. Pete (Pest) just called me, and was going to come up to get it, but I'm too far. I won't be going back down tomorrow. If anyone is near to Kershaw, SC, or can bring one down to them in the morning, please call Pete or Todd at 1-610-220-1317
Old 04-21-2002, 07:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ECHC Driver in need!! [URGENT] (drumsy)

Hi Fellas!

thanx a TON for all the help. turned out around 10:30 pm on Sat evening that things didn't look promising for finding an injector. So, I rolled out with the car on the trailer and drove all night. Just arrived home (10:30 am!). I am so damn tired....

I really wish the car would have run right; would have been super fun! Instead, the only way I could get it to run was by shifting at around 3k rpm and using almost zero throttle; I am fairly sure I could have turned better laps with my F150 tow vehicle! I couldn't finish the last 2 laps; it was by that time going so slowly that I was afraid that I would either get run over or become a hazard to the real racers....

See some of you at Carlisle, and more of you at Summit Point!

Todd

PS everyone was extremely nice and helpful!
Old 04-21-2002, 10:16 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ECHC Driver in need!! [URGENT] (Todd Reid)

Hey Todd. This is Frank, the guy with the teal g2 teg. I'm so sorry that things didn't work out for you. You have no idea how close I was to driving back down there early this morning and yanking out one of my injectors for you to use. I really wish I could have seen your car perform like I know it can. Better luck next time though. Hope to see you in Summit Point, and hopefully I'll have my car ready to run on the track for one of the driving schools. Thanks again for all your advice about my integra. i'm going tomorrow to pick up a new PCV valve and am planning on ahving a compression and leak down test done in the next few weeks. Glad to hear you got home ok. Good luck in Carlisle!
Old 04-22-2002, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ECHC Driver in need!! [URGENT] (drumsy)

Todd-

Wish I could have helped out........that car is going to scream when you get her running right.....!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you made it home safe!
Old 04-22-2002, 05:22 AM

Default Re: ECHC Driver in need!! [URGENT] (B18CXr)

Jack,

thanx for all the help you did give me. you did more than most any other racer would do to help his competition...

big congrats on your finishes -- first time racing, two wins! can't get any better than that!!!

Todd