Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Custom Rear Subframe Pics/prototype

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (CivicFerio)

Looks like a really nice finished product as usual Charleston!
Old 01-03-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: (SioneSi)

Looking good.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

aite guys the photos pretty much explain thier self ^_^

** SHOUT OUT TO MY PARE CHARLESTON AND MY CUZ BERNARD MATIAS FOR HELPING ME INSTALL IT!!! **

i didn't let the paint fully dry so some of it chipped off LOL i'll do some touch up
later though

you could purchase this kit from http://www.a-spec-racing.com/ its not on there yet so click the contacts page and contact charles through aim or email

*retail $180*

i was looking for a subframe reinforcement brace for a long time, i was considering the beaks kit, but as soon as i read some people still pulling thier subframe with that kit i searched some more. i also was going to use a SRR tie brace and mod it to work with my ITR bar but when i got the brace i said "hell naw that shiz to thin" .

then i stumbbled apon this tight *** brace which REALLY prevents subframe damage ^_^ think about it the beaks kit cost $60 plus $100 for the tie bar so thats about $160 so why not pay another $20 to get one that will not rip and save you from having to buy a new subframe later on.

i'll take some better photos during the day also the bar looks hazy cause of all the gease that is on it LOL

Modified by pinoyrukus at 2:08 PM 1/3/2005

Modified by pinoyrukus at 2:09 PM 1/3/2005

Modified by pinoyrukus at 2:12 PM 1/3/2005
Old 01-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (emissionsux)

Where can we get one ?
Old 01-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (STN_Pat)

http://www.a-spec-racing.com/
Old 01-03-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: (pinoyrukus)

Just a quick question. How thick is the asr subframe reinforcement? How much would it add to the stock subframe? Plus, is it possible to weld my progress brackets onto the asr subframe if it does fit? Thanks
Old 01-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RzHybrid510)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RzHybrid510 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just a quick question. How thick is the asr subframe reinforcement? How much would it add to the stock subframe? Plus, is it possible to weld my progress brackets onto the asr subframe if it does fit? Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

The brace is .375 inch in thickness. If you are asking about weight it's going to add around 4 pounds to the subframe. If you are asking about strength, it will add substantial reinforments to the stock subframe.

I'll let you know how much force it can withstand once I have and figured out the finite element analysis software.

As for welding, you can weld it since it is made from 6061 T6 aluminum. I'm sure any good fabricator can modify the brace easily as long as your welding aluminum to aluminum. Or just get an ITR 22mm rear swaybar so it bolts right on.

Charleston

Old 01-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (prkiller)

awesome kit
Old 01-04-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Re: (Jj0o3eyY)

well.. i really can't believe it .. i am making a project for college and my nights were being waisted trying to find a reinforcemente like this to mey EG6 (because i only saw for the EK)!

I now have just a question, that i fear the answer:
That plate makes de ITR sway bar mont a little bit far from the sub frame since it has its thikness, so this won't affect the sway? I can't even understand how could pinohyrukos mount it in the end links because of that?

Sorry my english, hope i made myself clear.

Modified by ADN_pt at 8:31 AM 1/4/2005
Old 01-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ADN_pt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ADN_pt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That plate makes de ITR sway bar mont a little bit far from the sub frame since it has its thikness, so this won't affect the sway? Modified by ADN_pt at 8:31 AM 1/4/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

I too was thinking about that and thought of possibly mounting the endlinks on the EG model in back of the lower control arm instead of the front. Either way, it will work but working and working great are two different things. I ordered one and will know more once I get it and test fit it.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:59 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicFerio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm working with a fellow HT member for the past few months on a DA kit. He will test it out before it goes to production.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have any idea's when it would be available, so i can have a date to look forward to?

P.S. Excellent work on all of this, the final product looks great.

What program did you draw it up in?
Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.?
Old 01-04-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: (SwedBoy2999)

pinoyrukus: tell us about our doubt in the mounting of the sway..
Old 01-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ADN_pt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well.. i really can't believe it .. i am making a project for college and my nights were being waisted trying to find a reinforcemente like this to mey EG6 (because i only saw for the EK)!

I now have just a question, that i fear the answer:
That plate makes de ITR sway bar mont a little bit far from the sub frame since it has its thikness, so this won't affect the sway? I can't even understand how could pinohyrukos mount it in the end links because of that?

Sorry my english, hope i made myself clear.

Modified by ADN_pt at 8:31 AM 1/4/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

When you mount the ITR swaybar directly on to the subframe it is too forward. Therefore the endlinks will be crooked when viewed from the side of the vehicle.

If you look at the GSR and Civic Si they have the swaybar bracket spacers (stand off plates) which also space the swaybar back. With the brace on; the swaybar is spaced back about the same amount as the OEM and the endlinks are very close to to 90° in relation to the swaybar arms. This is so far the most ideal set up.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SwedBoy2999 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Do you have any idea's when it would be available, so i can have a date to look forward to?

P.S. Excellent work on all of this, the final product looks great.

What program did you draw it up in?
Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have no definite date yet as to when the DA kit will come out, but it is now under development since the EG and DC are finally in production.

I currently use a free software downloadable from the internet to design all of these but will be getting in to solidworks soon for its FEA feature.

Charleston

Old 01-04-2005, 03:00 PM

CivicFerio thanks for your support i have no more doubts in mounting the sway.
Sorry i don't use de IM but i am a trial n I have to post here.. So, I can order the kit to you? since the page of ASR doesn't contain this kit yet..

Din't have the chance to congrat about the kit..

Old 01-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahha koo charles explained it already LOL

***** fun hitting corners at a fast speed hehe
Old 01-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks Charleston for the explanation and for doing some good R&D on these instead of just slapping something together.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:22 PM
bdb

Default Re: (n1div)

Money sent for EG kit!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:30 AM

Default Re: (bdb)

money sent? But where are you buying? In the a spec page the item is not available yet..
Old 01-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ADN_pt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">money sent? But where are you buying? In the a spec page the item is not available yet.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

omg don't you guys read what people post???

heres what i posted

"you could purchase this kit from http://www.a-spec-racing.com/ its not on there yet so click the contacts page and contact charles through aim or email"

lazy people dezz days LOL
Old 01-05-2005, 08:16 PM

Civic or pinoy, can you please tell me how far apart the holes are for the brackets for the sway bar. Attachment shows what I'm talking about. Plus, the subframe reinforcement sits flush against the car subframe, right? Thanks for your patience and answers. I'm trying to see if I can put my progress sway bar with this kit.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RzHybrid510)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RzHybrid510 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Civic or pinoy, can you please tell me how far apart the holes are for the brackets for the sway bar. Attachment shows what I'm talking about. Plus, the subframe reinforcement sits flush against the car subframe, right? Thanks for your patience and answers. I'm trying to see if I can put my progress sway bar with this kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hmmmm.... i dunno if your bar would work with this kit prolly have to ask charles bout that, i believe this kit was just based on the ITR bar and the ASR bar unless your bar that you use right now just bolts onto the subframe then maybe you could use some brackets off energysuspension. The ones i bought off energy are the right measurements that you would want to use. Just order the one for the width of you bar. Mine was 22mm heres the product #9.5126 and heres the website http://www.energysuspension.co....html now just look up and down in the list that mine is on and it will have different size sways.

I forgot the measurement of those holes =T sorry and i can't find a tape measurer right now LOL i'll try to find one toommarow and get the measurements but it was somewhere between 2 1/16" - 2 7/8" i'll get the measurements tommarow. ^_^
Old 01-06-2005, 04:49 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pinoyrukus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

omg don't you guys read what people post???

heres what i posted

"you could purchase this kit from http://www.a-spec-racing.com/ its not on there yet so click the contacts page and contact charles through aim or email"

lazy people dezz days LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry.. You're write..

About the reinforcemente, continuing and according to what i've bee reading, no one yet, has ever tear out the sub frame (talking about EG) with the bret (BSQ) kit,isn't it?
I think this one is more advanced but i have to import to europe so it get's expensive becauso i have to pay the tax of my country. The BSQ kit as it is smallar i don't. So, no probs with the BSQ kit, write?
Old 01-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RzHybrid510 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Civic or pinoy, can you please tell me how far apart the holes are for the brackets for the sway bar. Attachment shows what I'm talking about. Plus, the subframe reinforcement sits flush against the car subframe, right? Thanks for your patience and answers. I'm trying to see if I can put my progress sway bar with this kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The swaybar bracket holes are 2.6inches apart same as the OEM ITR one. And the brace will space the swaybar brackets back by .75 inch away from the subframe. Please take your measurements to make sure the endlinks will compensate for this change if ever.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ADN_pt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sorry.. You're write..

About the reinforcemente, continuing and according to what i've bee reading, no one yet, has ever tear out the sub frame (talking about EG) with the bret (BSQ) kit,isn't it?
I think this one is more advanced but i have to import to europe so it get's expensive becauso i have to pay the tax of my country. The BSQ kit as it is smallar i don't. So, no probs with the BSQ kit, write?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

but why take the chance??? **** a subframe is gonna cost way more than the $180 you could of paid for this kit. Also how you know no one has torn thier subframe i know alot of people who did it with the beaks kit so why not the BSQ its just a matter of time till it happens and most people don't even have a Digi cam if it were to tear. Theres probably 3-5 more times the people who have ripped thier sub out there they just don't have the time to post and B*tch about it.

So to you comment about how it would cost to much. You gotta think about it in the long run. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
Old 01-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pinoyrukus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but why take the chance??? **** a subframe is gonna cost way more than the $180 you could of paid for this kit. Also how you know no one has torn thier subframe i know alot of people who did it with the beaks kit so why not the BSQ its just a matter of time till it happens and most people don't even have a Digi cam if it were to tear. Theres probably 3-5 more times the people who have ripped thier sub out there they just don't have the time to post and B*tch about it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not a fan of the vague, self-serving statements.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pinoyrukus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
So to you comment about how it would cost to much. You gotta think about it in the long run. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR </TD></TR></TABLE>

In that case, maybe he should give Comptech a call.