Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

AutoX classification question

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AutoX classification question

I'm not sure what class my car is in with my mods.
99 honda civic ex

I have a
intake/exhaust
front upper structbar
front lower brace
rear upper tower bar
rear lower bar
rear swaybar
performance shocks springs.
falken azenis tires
reardisk brake swap/stainless lines.
Old 07-13-2003, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AutoX classification question (VSM EXtasy)

D Street Prepared or STS
Old 07-13-2003, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would be best in STS. Although I'm not sure on the drums -> discs swap out back.
Old 07-13-2003, 05:07 PM

Default Re: AutoX classification question (krshultz)

the EG Si hatch is on the same line as the other 92-95 Vtec Civics, so the rear disk swap would be legal.

You're in STS.
Old 07-13-2003, 06:28 PM

Default Re: AutoX classification question (PseudoRealityX)

So what if it's on the same line as the other 92-95's? His is a 99. I know the 99-00 Si coupe had rear discs, did any other's of that chassis? For regional competition I can't see anyone bringing it up, but at bigger events it would be good to already have your ducks in a row.
Old 07-13-2003, 06:58 PM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VSM EXtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
reardisk brake swap/stainless lines.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry, but you are in Street Modified my friend. if it wasn;t for the rear disc swap, you would be in STS. if you wanted to swap, (or turbo/supercharger) now is your excuse....
Old 07-13-2003, 07:06 PM

Default Re: AutoX classification question (rodney)

I was turbocharged and in streetmod. But recently i took the turbo off because of its high maintence. I'll just go STS and see what they say since Si's with more power are running in the same group. I think the 127hp is a disadvantage as it is.
Old 07-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VSM EXtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was turbocharged and in streetmod. But recently i took the turbo off because of its high maintence. I'll just go STS and see what they say since Si's with more power are running in the same group. I think the 127hp is a disadvantage as it is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its not about power, the last few National Champs have all been running cars that only had 109hp stock. Seat time, seat time, and a little more seat time is the best thing to do.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:33 AM

Default Re: AutoX classification question (StageOne)

Sounds like SM, but it won't matter your first few seasons. You're not going to go out and be at the top of the pack right away. Just go out and drive, no matter what class you're in and modify your car to the class you want after getting some seat time (experience).
Old 07-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AutoX classification question (Aron Parsons)

If your rear disk brake swap is from a Civic Si, you can run in Street Prepared. If you read rule 14.1-C in this link,

http://mouton.best.vwh.net/sccasolo/Rules/sp.html

you'll see that you can update and backdate your car according to these rules:

Equipment and/or specifications may be exchanged between different years and models of a vehicle if
(a) the item is standard on the year/model from which it was taken,
(b) the years/models are listed on the same line of Appendix A (Street Prepared Classes).
The updated/backdated part or the part to which it is to be attached may not be altered, modified, machined or otherwise changed to facilitate the updating/backdating allowance. The updating and/or backdating of engines, transmissions or transaxles must be done as a unit; component parts of these units may not be interchanged. Cars not listed in the Street Prepared sections of Appendix A may not be updated/backdated until approved by the SEB and published in SportsCar magazine.

Your car and the Civic Si are both listed as D-Street Prepared, so you can basically upgrade your car to a Civic Si (engine/transmission, suspension, brakes) and run in this class.

I'm not sure if this is technically allowed or not, but if you completely convert your car to a Civic Si, you may be able to run in STS and enter your car as a Civic Si. I know somebody who put a GSR engine and 4 lug brakes on an ITR and entered his car at track races as a GSR.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:16 PM

Default Re: AutoX classification question (EricUSC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EricUSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your rear disk brake swap is from a Civic Si, you can run in Street Prepared.</TD></TR></TABLE>

correct. my bad, as i forgot they were on the same line. last year i do not think they were. but, then again i only really paid atention to the 92-95's...
Old 07-14-2003, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EricUSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know somebody who put a GSR engine and 4 lug brakes on an ITR and entered his car at track races as a GSR.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why??
Old 07-14-2003, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AutoX classification question (Jetydosa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jetydosa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why??</TD></TR></TABLE>

He did that because the he said that the Type R would have to compete against M3's and such, so the Type R would be the underdog. A GSR would compete much better for its class. His Integra is a dedicated track car and is not street legal.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:35 PM
Don't Trust Anyone

While on the subjest.......what class is a 92 CX with a ITR engine/tranny, fastbrakes, teins? Does being gutted with just a seat/dash and roll cage affect anything?
Old 07-15-2003, 02:48 AM

Default Re: AutoX classification question (SHAGGY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SHAGGY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">While on the subjest.......what class is a 92 CX with a ITR engine/tranny, fastbrakes, teins? Does being gutted with just a seat/dash and roll cage affect anything?</TD></TR></TABLE>

D modified. if you want to autocross, put the interior back in and race Street Modified. unless you do not care, and only go for the fun of it.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:56 AM

Default Re: AutoX classification question (Mohudsolo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mohudsolo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So what if it's on the same line as the other 92-95's? His is a 99. I know the 99-00 Si coupe had rear discs, did any other's of that chassis? For regional competition I can't see anyone bringing it up, but at bigger events it would be good to already have your ducks in a row.</TD></TR></TABLE>

*chant* must read post before clicking reply.... */chant*