Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

autocross in my s2000?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 06:07 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: autocross in my s2000? (CivicSiRacer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicSiRacer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually the NSX is not the greatest autocross from what I've heard from others.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Gotta love the 2nd gear that goes to 90mph in the early models
Old 05-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: autocross in my s2000? (Targa250R)

if your really interested in perforamnce...REAL performance and not a mod list that can make any teenage boy green with envy, then drive the ******* car, not once, but several times, and identify what you want to improve on to make it a faster car for you. but if you want to just have the bling factor then expletive it, get those high dollar JDM coilovers and think you can out handle a stock s2k just because your suspension cost 2gs
Old 05-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: autocross in my s2000? (pos_cd5)

I know my first instructor told me back in the day (1998) that a modified car with a novice driver will always lose to a stock car with a veteran driver (same car of course).

Autocrossing when you first start out is 90-95% driver (as seen in my sig). Modifications can actually hide poor driving techniques, and make the driver think it's the car driving like crap where it's usually the driver.

I think it was back in 2001 with a guy (not going to mention a region) driving his silver WRX in SM. Guy kept complaining about this not work or that slowing him down. He would make drastic changes between EVERY run. Increasing boost, dropping 10psi out of his tires, adding more camber, changing the toe, etc. He should have been whooping our asses in STS, but he was like 5-10 seconds slower than some of us.

If he would have just drove the car a couple of events to get accustomed to the settings I believe he would have done much better and be more comfortable with the car instead of making so many modifications and changes to the car. It was basically a new car every time he would change something.

So take what these guys have to say seriously. They aren't throwing you crap. There is probably a combined total of 100+ years of racing/car experience from all these guys to help you. That is why they are here. Some of us have been exposed to autocrossing ever since we were born, some of us have been in the sport for 10+ years.