Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Anyone for a Petition to move the ITR into DSP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone for a Petition to move the ITR into DSP? (Todd00)

>>Yeah, how has Mark Allen been doing? I forgot about him. Any results yet with him running against the big boys?<<

Anyone have any info about his car? Does he have a website? I'm curious to see what mods he's done. What wheel/tire combo is he running?
Old 06-22-2001, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone for a Petition to move the ITR into DSP? (fsp31)

Last info I heard on Marc Allen's car was that it had 26mm sways f&R, 600 lb spring f&R, special Jackson Racing/Comptech supercharger that put out 270 whp and 15x7 in wide wheels with 225 rubber. I heard it made some intimidating thunder under full throttle, but I really haven't heard much else about it.

He and Wendi are both active on the Evolution Discussion list, you can probably post there and ask, he's a very nice guy and will probably tell you all he has done to the car.
Old 06-22-2001, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone for a Petition to move the ITR into DSP? (typer_801)

What's the Evolution messageboard website?

Todd00 ~ you should link and post this on http://www.sccaforums.com

Who knows?! Maybe it will help us...
Old 06-22-2001, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone for a Petition to move the ITR into DSP? (typer_801)

Actually, Mark reported that he has 600f, 800r springs in it. I know he was trying to reduce the OD of the wheel/tire package as well. He was having some trouble getting and keep in the car in the VTEC range. At the Ft Myers Pro Solo, he was right there in the battle for the lead with Miller and Grant He was having some cone trouble. I can't remember how he was doing at the Peterburg Pro, but I think he was having some trouble.

I know he has been frustrated with the direction of SM and is a big proponent of having a FWD SM seperate from the AWD and RWD SM.

Additionally he and Wendi have built a SM late model civic hatch with a turbo, GS-R engine. I have yet to see anything but pictures of it though.
Old 06-22-2001, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone for a Petition to move the ITR into DSP? (Yellow Dragon)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evolution-discussions

or email Marc directly at: MARKNWENDI@aol.com

What's the Evolution messageboard website?
Old 06-22-2001, 09:34 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone for a Petition to move the ITR into DSP? (Yellow Dragon)

Perhaps someone who is registered (and has a few posts under their belts) should post this link on the scca forums. Any takers?

A Type R in any class other than GS won't be a contender at a Prosolo (even in GS it isn't the car to have). SM/CSP R's should focus on SoloII if they want to be competitive.
Old 06-22-2001, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Anyone for a Petition to move the ITR into DSP? (Crosser)

Actually, Mark reported that he has 600f, 800r springs in it. I know he was trying to reduce the OD of the wheel/tire package as well. He was having some trouble getting and keep in the car in the VTEC range. At the Ft Myers Pro Solo, he was right there in the battle for the lead with Miller and Grant He was having some cone trouble. I can't remember how he was doing at the Peterburg Pro, but I think he was having some trouble.

I know he has been frustrated with the direction of SM and is a big proponent of having a FWD SM seperate from the AWD and RWD SM.

Additionally he and Wendi have built a SM late model civic hatch with a turbo, GS-R engine. I have yet to see anything but pictures of it though.
The SM direction *is* frustrating. It's focusing on ESP + more mods. They are totally forgetting about the FWD aspect of it, of which the class was designed for. The SM mailing list is DOMINATED by AWD/RWD cars that could care less about a Honda/VW. Dealing with Grant isn't the problem (esp. in soloII)--it's the developed RWD cars with nat. champion pilots that can run 315 rubber and make 400-500 hp that is going to be tough to beat IMO.

Prosolo is an entirely different ballgame though.
Old 06-22-2001, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Actually Mark's frustration stems from trying to compete with the individuals you described Todd, but doing so with new Honda hardware (to try and satisfy sponsors), that has not had ten years of development time in CSP. I for one think a properly tuned CSP civic with a bit more HP will run well with the current SM group. However, other than Mark, one has really stepped up to bat. Stacey Despelder was contemplating if in his CSP civic, but has yet to do so. It is tough to speculate how certain cars will do with none in competition yet. I think all the Street classes are experiencing the growing pains necessary to move them forward.

I do think that the current cars in SM have only scratched the surface of the potential of what is capable in SM. I do think though that it will turn into a VERY expensive class to compete in nationally here real quick.
Old 06-22-2001, 11:01 AM
Trial User

A Type R in any class other than GS won't be a contender at a Prosolo (even in GS it isn't the car to have).
Dont tell this to David Fauth or Kevin McCormick McCormick won Pro Solo at nationals last year in GS (with a Type R) and I'm interested to see how he does this year. Fauth beat him at the Pro Solo they had out west earlier this year. There are alot more good AWD cars this year, so it should be interesting.

[Modified by Tegsport Racing, 12:02 PM 6/22/2001]
Old 06-22-2001, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Anyone for a Petition to move the ITR into DSP? (Crosser)

Actually Mark's frustration stems from trying to compete with the individuals you described Todd, but doing so with new Honda hardware (to try and satisfy sponsors), that has not had ten years of development time in CSP. I for one think a properly tuned CSP civic with a bit more HP will run well with the current SM group. However, other than Mark, one has really stepped up to bat. Stacey Despelder was contemplating if in his CSP civic, but has yet to do so. It is tough to speculate how certain cars will do with none in competition yet. I think all the Street classes are experiencing the growing pains necessary to move them forward.

I do think that the current cars in SM have only scratched the surface of the potential of what is capable in SM. I do think though that it will turn into a VERY expensive class to compete in nationally here real quick.
Yep, someone needs to step up to the plate and do something about SM. With Grant at the controls, it will continue to grow into a big $$ class--even moreso than what SP is now. With this in mind, SM numbers will start to shrink to only those who can afford it because us regular FWD guys won't want to do what it takes to prep our cars only to still get our @sses handed to us.

I'll send Mark off an email from home because I have a few questions for him.

As for the ITRs in prosolo GS. Good luck with the WRX As soon as someone gets one of those sorted out.... In SoloII, the R's should still dominate unless someone finds a bunch of cherry older M3s.