Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

6 Cars Start the F1 Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Possible scenarios:

1-Michelin teams withdraw from USGP.

2-Michelin teams race and pit on the first lap and retire.

3-Michelin teams race and change tires after 10 laps(safety reasons, no penalty). Favours Trulli since he's already on a low fuel strategy.

4-Michelin teams race with the risk.

5-Michelin teams slow down for turn 13. Haha

6-Michelin teams are allowed to use Barcelona spec tires. Highly doubtful and teams don't want to due to having not used them during practice.

That's all i can think of...

FIA will not build a chicane. I think that's ridiculous to propose. MIchelin should have brought 2 different compounds in the first place like they were supposed to.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your take: Michelin says they may not race tomorrow (FormulaIntegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FormulaIntegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Personally, I still disagree with the single set of tires rule. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Bingo. The say this is rule is to control costs. You know what these teams spend and how little they save by having this rule. The rule was intended to give Michelin the advantage IMO and now it may turn out to hurt them. If Michelin didn't test at the speedway thats their fault, I am sure they have equal access to the track to test. Just because Firestone run their at Indy, the Firestone tire and the Bridgestone tires are two different animals even tho they are the same company.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your take: Michelin says they may not race tomorrow (thawley)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thawley &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But I'll be glued to the set tomorrow, anyway, just to see how these Bozo's can think of a way to make things worse than they are already... Oh, and there might be a pass on the track at some point, too. Don't want to miss that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHA! Now that is funny John! I have not been watching as long as you have, but do tend to agree with you!

F1 wont build a chicane in 1 night. I kinda hope we see them changing tires, or pitting first lap for a retire! At least we would see a race then.

Bridgestone has NO reason to share information with Michelin. Did Michelin share information about tire wear with Bridgestone? It has taken the entire season thus far for Bridgestone to get up to a level near Michelin.

I also agree that the single race tire is rediculous and does nothing for cost savings.

I say speed channel rocks!
Old 06-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your take: Michelin says they may not race tomorrow (rex_boy)

Where are you getting this information that they AND Bridgestone had test access as F1 teams to the track since resurfacing. From what was said on Friday that is not correct - Bridgestone has the information only due to Firestone's testing at Indy - that's it, not like they "chose" to test there. I stand by my belief that if BF knows there is issue there due to grinding from their Indy tests and choses not to share it w/ Michilin, that's short sighted on BF's part. Its the job of everyone concerned to put on a good race for the US market - if they don't, they **** away a great opportunity.

If I go to a track and find out specific information about its surface AND I need x number of competitors to run so that I might collect on contingency stuff, I'd have to be a moron to no let everyone I know the pitfalls awaiting them that might prevent them from running - its in their interests but moreso, its in MY interests. Just trying to make a correlation between piddly stuff and big F1 stuff.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your take: Michelin says they may not race tomorrow (prkiller)

At least it's not on CBS

"Hey woman! While yer gettin me anotha beer, explain why the hell these foreigners only race with 6 cars whiles NASCAR has, uh, more than I can count!"

Brian
Old 06-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your take: Michelin says they may not race tomorrow (Brian*E30)

You know, Indianapolis has been open for testing since the resurfacing...No F1 team wants to take it, in the indianapolis star, bernie has been saying that the USGP is not promoted correct. I'm sorry Bernie, you don't allow anyone into the track. Local news, hell any news really. It's pathetic, he bitches about us not covering it right, but won't allow the press to even go inside the track besides veeeeery few. Maybe if F1 took the USGP serious, they would fill up the speedway?
Old 06-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your take: Michelin says they may not race tomorrow (thawley)

i have many things to say on this issue........

1) this is michelin's problem, period. BF is NOT being shortsighted by not sharing testing information from the IRL race. that's just absolutely retarded to think that they would give away a competitive advantage like that, it goes against the whole concept of racing.

2) <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Amen. These guys just keep digging themselves in deeper. For those too young to remember, the only reason FIA made this rule in the first place is because they mandated pit stops in F1. That's right. Mandated. F1 guys used to drive the whole damn race on one tank of fuel and one set of tires (unless something went wrong). So they require stops to make a better show and that leads to $$$$ fuel rigs and $$$$ multi-tire pit strategies and $$$$$ on-board computers to deal with the ridiculous (but necessary) speed limits in the pits needed to keep from killing pit crew guys who now have to be there because PIT STOPS ARE REQUIRED and now everything's too expensive (surprise!) so now they limit tires and engines....
And then there are lawyers involved. Working for tire companies. Or ready to sue tire companies. Or promoters. Or the FIA. Or anyone. It is SOOO MUUCCCHHHH bullshit.

Am I bitter. You bet I am. 'Cause I love F1 and have been watching since before Mario was champ in '79. LOVE IT. And the best open wheel race I've seen in the last ten years was the Formula Vee race at last years SCCA Runoffs. That's pathetic.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you think that mandating pit stops are anything more than a drop in the bucket in terms of overall cost you have much to learn. programing in a pit-lane speed limiter probably takes less than 1 tenth of 1 percent of the overall amount of time the software engineers spend on the electronics. we're dealing with engines that cost 1.5 million dollars per lump, a f'ing 50 grand fuel rig is less than insignificant. f1 costs as much as it does because the marketers are willing to put up the money to fund it. as soon as it becomes an unmarketable product, businesses will stop spending their money to put their name on the car, and then teams will have less to spend, and blah blah blah........

i'll have more later, but i'm s00per hungover, can't think straight, and race coverage is starting again.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your take: Michelin says they may not race tomorrow (CowboyIan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CowboyIan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know, Indianapolis has been open for testing since the resurfacing...No F1 team wants to take it, in the indianapolis star, bernie has been saying that the USGP is not promoted correct. I'm sorry Bernie, you don't allow anyone into the track. Local news, hell any news really. It's pathetic, he bitches about us not covering it right, but won't allow the press to even go inside the track besides veeeeery few. Maybe if F1 took the USGP serious, they would fill up the speedway?</TD></TR></TABLE>

real quick........the USGP is one of the best attended races on the schedule, and from what they say on speed channel, the atmosphere is one of the drivers' favorite.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your take: Michelin says they may not race tomorrow (phat-S)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phat-S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where are you getting this information that they AND Bridgestone had test access as F1 teams to the track since resurfacing. From what was said on Friday that is not correct - Bridgestone has the information only due to Firestone's testing at Indy - that's it, not like they "chose" to test there. I stand by my belief that if BF knows there is issue there due to grinding from their Indy tests and choses not to share it w/ Michilin, that's short sighted on BF's part. Its the job of everyone concerned to put on a good race for the US market - if they don't, they **** away a great opportunity.

If I go to a track and find out specific information about its surface AND I need x number of competitors to run so that I might collect on contingency stuff, I'd have to be a moron to no let everyone I know the pitfalls awaiting them that might prevent them from running - its in their interests but moreso, its in MY interests. Just trying to make a correlation between piddly stuff and big F1 stuff.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As I tend to agree with you partly, I still must say. There is NO reason that the Michelin teams cant run. If the tires wont last, then they can change them and continue to run. If they choose "not" to run because the tires wont last the race, how is that any different than the couple of races that Bridgestone had the same problem?

What your saying can be said both ways for both teams. I believe we are all saying the same thing in different ways.

"One set of tires" rule sucks!
Old 06-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your take: Michelin says they may not race tomorrow (tnord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tnord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">real quick........the USGP is one of the best attended races on the schedule, and from what they say on speed channel, the atmosphere is one of the drivers' favorite. </TD></TR></TABLE> I realize that, but you must have missed the part of what I said about Bernie being a complete moron. USGP is one of the top attended races, but Bernie seems to think that IMS isn't promoting well enough. Well duh, they can't even get camera's inside of the IMS. This is something Bernie said earlier today or last night. Just more of the same from the crazy bastard, did you hear his comments on Danica Patrick?!
Old 06-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, this could get ugly, I'm not sure what's going to happen. If Michelin doesn't race, it's FIA's fault, if Michelin does race, someone gets killed or hurt badly, it's FIA's fault. IMS has already agreed to put down a chicane to make this go threw, if the race doesn't happen, once agian, it's FIA's fuckup. FIA is being unreasonable, majority rule should apply...
Old 06-19-2005, 09:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Your take: Michelin says they may not race tomorrow (Brian*E30)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Brian*E30 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">At least it's not on CBS

"Hey woman! While yer gettin me anotha beer, explain why the hell these foreigners only race with 6 cars whiles NASCAR has, uh, more than I can count!"

Brian</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ha!! Not sure if that's EXACTLY an accurate depiction of CBS announcers, but it made me laugh anyway.

-Chris
Old 06-19-2005, 09:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CowboyIan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, this could get ugly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

"could get ugly"... hahaha!! I can't believe they haven't figured this out yet.

Chris, warming up his car in case they need to fill the field...

Old 06-19-2005, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CowboyIan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FIA is being unreasonable, majority rule should apply...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Whereas I rarely if ever agree with this, in this particular case, it should not be missed that in the end, it hurts the FIA and F1 to have all this clouding what should be a celebrated day/weekend for them in the US. I am not down any capacity or brain function nor do I exhibit any signs of mental retardation when I say that this is not a competetive advantage, its a question of if there will be competition. Its short sighted from my perspective and all this clouding cannot be helping the popularity of F1 in this country.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phat-S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whereas I rarely if ever agree with this, in this particular case, it should not be missed that in the end, it hurts the FIA and F1 to have all this clouding what should be a celebrated day/weekend for them in the US. I am not down any capacity or brain function nor do I exhibit any signs of mental retardation when I say that this is not a competetive advantage, its a question of if there will be competition. Its short sighted from my perspective and all this clouding cannot be helping the popularity of F1 in this country.</TD></TR></TABLE> This weekend has probably set back the F1 to where it was before it started coming to the US. Seriously, who wants to deal with the bullshit when they can watch nascar beatin the hell outta each other?
Old 06-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Race over, Ferrari wins. 6 cars on track, FIA to blame, Bernie ***** it up agian. Boycott next year, I want my money back even though I didn't go.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:05 AM
.RJ

I cant believe what I'm seeing....
Old 06-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your take: Michelin says they may not race tomorrow (.RJ)

Short Sighted
Old 06-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I cant believe what I'm seeing.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Either can I
Old 06-19-2005, 10:07 AM

Default 6 Cars Start the F1 Race

Only 6 Cars started the Race at Indy... only the teams on Bridgestones

Modified by MarkosMotorsports at 11:22 AM 6/19/2005
Old 06-19-2005, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I cant believe what I'm seeing.... </TD></TR></TABLE> It doesn't suprise me, FIA should never be allowed back into Indianapolis because of this. I want my ******* money back even though I didn't go. FIA fucked this up royally. I hope everyone there gets there money back. Ferrari gets handed a win agian, big whoop. Glad I stayed home though.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Next time a competitor has an advantage on me, I am pulling out. In that case I will probably never race.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's wrong for fans to throw stuff on the track. I understand their disapointments but its not the drivers fault.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rex_boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Next time a competitor has an advantage on me, I am pulling out. In that case I will probably never race.</TD></TR></TABLE> It's not that, it's the fact that its UNSAFE. NOT COMPETATIVE ADVANTAGE. Eh, I don't agree with what there doing, but absically, FIA just fucked these people outt 80+$.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 6 Cars Start the F1 Race (MarkosMotorsports)

this won't do much for F1 in America....

Quick Reply: 6 Cars Start the F1 Race