Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

"HONDA" decals for SCCA events

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (DerangedEG)

Just got through, nice guy Mr. Suza...call that # for thos elooking to get the decals.!!!
Old 01-15-2004, 01:21 PM
RAB

Default Re: (DerangedEG)

You're welcome but if you're driving one of those annoying lil Civic is STS you can't beat at me at least one event. That one event being nationals.

Modified by RAB at 3:31 PM 1/15/2004
Old 01-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RAB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RAB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're welcome but if you're driving one of those annoying lil Civic is STS you can't beat at me at least one event. That one event being nationals. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Its not the real little ones its a 93, does that make it any less annoying..?
Old 01-15-2004, 02:24 PM

Default Re: "HONDA" decals for SCCA events (DerangedEG)

I just placed my order. Thanks Geratol for the contact info. The number connects to the switchboard and they will transfer you. Process was totally painless and the package will arrive early next week . Yes, he does ask for the car color and then offers 1 of 3 possible solutions. Happy racing in '04
Old 01-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "HONDA" decals for SCCA events (jc836)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jc836 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Process was totally painless and the package will arrive early next week . </TD></TR></TABLE>

figures....
Old 01-15-2004, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I put mine on and they look ok but it took like 30 minues.... they were stuck to the paper and stuff
Old 01-16-2004, 12:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice, I will have to call and get the stickers. Im assuming I have to call at a normal 8-5 time right?
Old 01-16-2004, 11:38 AM

How much are these decals?
Old 01-16-2004, 12:24 PM

Default Re: (qsilver074)

I just called to get mine. The guy actually offered me options of white or black for my red car. The rest of my decals are white so I went with that. Should be here tuesday
Old 01-16-2004, 12:43 PM

Default Re: (ryan12321)

Next person who calls should say their car is Red, Black and White!
Old 01-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Geratol)

perhaps one recipient of each color should tell everyone what color they claimed their car is, so that if someone has a preference they know what to claim
Old 01-16-2004, 01:05 PM

Default Re: (Greyout)

I only made that comment because of the silly nature of how they offer you colors based on what color you claim your car is instead of simply asking "do you want red, white or black"?

If you ask for the same color sticker as you car is you can almost hear the gears grinding in the background
Old 01-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (qsilver074)

The decals are free.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:17 PM

From http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/contingency.html

REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL AWARDS: Competitors must compete with a Honda or Acura automobile which displays the approved decals in the center of the front bumper and on the rear quarter of each side of the vehicle. Decals are available by calling American Honda directly (310) 783-3177.

Let's remember that technically they are free to Honda drivers in approved sanctioned competition where American Honda is supporting a contingency program of some sort (ProSolo, SoloII National/Tour, etc.). Not trying to be a snob, but this thread makes me slightly nervous that every "icy-hot-stunna" or "rice-boi" will be calling up Bob S. and trying to sport these on their "ridez".

Even if they fail proving that they compete, I don't want him getting fed up and having to implement some restrictive process that will just inconvenience the legitimate competitors. I've always gotten the lady's voice mail from that #, but a very prompt call-back by Bob within a day. And the contingency decals sent by 2-day Fed-Ex. Don't want that service to change.

What they should do is just give them to National to haul around in the timing truck. And have people get them at reg. or tech. of an event.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It was wierd for me when I ordered, and when I got the package it said Tibbett Racing under my name???? I never said Tibbett Racing maybe they searched me on the internet or something??
Old 01-17-2004, 07:07 AM

Default Re: (XrcR6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by XrcR6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Let's remember that technically they are free to Honda drivers in approved sanctioned competition where American Honda is supporting a contingency program of some sort (ProSolo, SoloII National/Tour, etc.). Not trying to be a snob, but this thread makes me slightly nervous that every "icy-hot-stunna" or "rice-boi" will be calling up Bob S. and trying to sport these on their "ridez".

Even if they fail proving that they compete, I don't want him getting fed up and having to implement some restrictive process that will just inconvenience the legitimate competitors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I recognize most of the people who have responded to this thread and they are all competitors. I doubt anybody is just trying to get some free stickers. And if they are I don't think honda is going to turn down free advertising on stunna rides.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ryan12321 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I recognize most of the people who have responded to this thread and they are all competitors. I doubt anybody is just trying to get some free stickers. And if they are I don't think honda is going to turn down free advertising on stunna rides. </TD></TR></TABLE>
and to side with you, Honda does place the information on SCCA.org for everyone in the world to look at.

I'll be seeing some of you guys at the San Bernadino prosolo then...

and if you guys make it up to Wendover...
Old 01-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Simon Tibbett)

::shrugs::

When I got them for my Acura, the conversation went something like

"Hi, I need the SCCA-required stickers for my Acura"
"Okay, what series are you racing in?"
"ProSolo"
"Alright, what color stickers?"
"Black please"
"What address do I ship them too?"
"blahdeblahblahblah"
"They'll go out tomorrow, good luck racing your Acura!"
Old 01-17-2004, 08:25 PM
RAB

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ryan12321 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I recognize most of the people who have responded to this thread and they are all competitors. I doubt anybody is just trying to get some free stickers. And if they are I don't think honda is going to turn down free advertising on stunna rides. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I wonder if that guy hates me considering I gave out the phone #. Anyways YES I will be competing in ProSolo events. specifically Ft. Wroth/Farmington/Wendover/Peru/Topeka finale. Also doing National Tour events.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:17 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Simon Tibbett)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Simon Tibbett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It was wierd for me when I ordered, and when I got the package it said Tibbett Racing under my name???? I never said Tibbett Racing maybe they searched me on the internet or something?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, they just do that. For the last three years mine have came with my last name as a racing team.

And I agree, I try not to mention this sticker thing to anyone, because if they start getting 500 calls a day from a bunch of stunnas, they will discontinue this program real quick and kill it for the rest of us.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Todd00)

I called and told him my car was "white, with red and black stripes," I think it kinda threw him for a loop....he hesitated then offered me Black, Red, or White decals. I went with Black.....
Old 01-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Todd00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Todd00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And I agree, I try not to mention this sticker thing to anyone, because if they start getting 500 calls a day from a bunch of stunnas, they will discontinue this program real quick and kill it for the rest of us.</TD></TR></TABLE>

don't mention to anyone as far as what??

most everyone who has responded to this thread or that is on this board participates in some kind of event....and like ryan said, even if they aren't running for contingency, its free advertising for honda....decals don't cost that much anyways. If they are "ricey-stunnas" they aren't even gonna know what SCCA is, or even know what to ask for when they call.
now I am sure this guy doesn't want a million viocemail messages.

Hopefully mine will come today....I ordered them thurs or fri
did anyone receive theirs from leaving a message...I didn't actually talk to Bob.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:53 PM

Default Re: (RAB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RAB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I wonder if that guy hates me considering I gave out the phone #. Anyways YES I will be competing in ProSolo events. specifically Ft. Wroth/Farmington/Wendover/Peru/Topeka finale. Also doing National Tour events.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If that guy=me, no I don't. Nor do I doubt you or anyone in this thread isn't going to a Pro/Tour/Natls. Considering the exceptional delay the original poster was having, I was looking for Bob's # myself to <U>PM</U> him with.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to come off snobby or elitist. The ricer comment was more to illustrate a point of what increased traffic to his direct line (?) might do in a worst case scenario, not so much cancel the contingency program, just make the request process more difficult. Heck, look in the Sponsor Marketplace, aren't they selling the "I :heart: my Honda stickers"?

Besides, some levels of netiquette preclude posting personal info (home addresses/phone#'s/license plate#'s/etc), posting his (I assume) direct work-line in a public forum wasn't ideal to get it to the original poster. The # posted on the SCCA site and published in SportsCar, was getting me that woman's v-mail and had Bob calling me back (3 years ago) since I left out the color info. I'm guessing since they haven't changed it since then, most people are still getting their decals and no-one says call this other # now, that this is still the plan. If that wasn't the case they'd update the posted/printed # or even quicker just change her voice-mail.

Not sure what his exact title and position is, but it probably encompasses more than taking sticker orders. He's probably a marketing type guy who needs to use his phone most the day. Forget the potential number of ricers, consider just the number of racers. Would you rather be interrupted to pick up the phone X # of times or just clear out a v-mail box at the end of the day.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (XrcR6)

we slapped the honda decals on today

Old 01-24-2004, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

while on the topic of decals and mess...

does anyone have any extra "NASA" stickers..

the rectangle one that says, NASA pro racing. they cost $1.00 at events, and $2.00 from (i forgot the website). i was just curious if anyone had one they could donate to me.
this is the sticker

thanx

Quick Reply: "HONDA" decals for SCCA events