Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

"25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run?

I have been contacted by Mr. Jackalope, none other than John Tecce himself, and he is looking to put a package together to run in this Decembers "25 Hours of Thunderhill". Last year, he and I were part of a five driver team that ran in Sam Higashis Blue Civic EG. But this year, he might want to run in an E2 CRX if a deal and a car becomes available. Any thoughts?
Old 07-13-2005, 04:02 PM
.RJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (Johnny Mac)

go for it

whate date is the race? Just curious on how close it is to the JGTC festivites
Old 07-13-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (.RJ)

considering it...but lacking funds...
Old 07-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (.RJ)

It's on December 3rd and 4th. I checked the NASA website and they haven't updated the 25 Hour of Thunderhill page yet. But here is the link:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/n....html
Old 07-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

We are working on something with either an ITA rx7 (E2) or ITB GTI (E3)

Marcus
Old 07-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
whate date is the race? Just curious on how close it is to the JGTC festivites</TD></TR></TABLE>

good call. JGTC is dec 10. the weekend after.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:21 PM
.RJ

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (Tyson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

good call. JGTC is dec 10. the weekend after.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I smell a 10 day trip to cali....
Old 07-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I smell a 10 day trip to cali.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

the 25 hour race is defently something to check out, its awsome.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:26 PM
.RJ

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the 25 hour race is defently something to check out, its awsome.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've been on the crew for the 12 hr race @ summit point for the past several years, its definately incredible

Who needs a crew donkey?
Old 07-13-2005, 05:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (paRRRker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by paRRRker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">considering it...but lacking funds...</TD></TR></TABLE>

i feel your pain....and a 50 hour drive across the country!!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (chad)

Hey Johnny MacDaddy...did Import Tuner or whatever magazine publish your article yet?
Old 07-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (Outrun)

For some reason, it got pushed back due to Primedia's budget cuts. They limited the number of freelance work to a bare minimum. I have been told by one of the editors that it will come out soon. I will hopefully get Honda Tuning or Sport Compact Car to pick up an article for this year. BTW, my article for the 2003 "25 Hours of Thunderhill" appeared in the June, 2004 issue of Import Tuner.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (Johnny Mac)

I would love to crew for somebody
Old 07-13-2005, 11:53 PM

Mr. Tecce called me up few days ago too. I will be planning ours soon. Vehicle is undecided.

If the deal works out for you, I wish you best of luck and see you there too.

I do not know about other drivers but I am not retired yet. It's just our car got pretty bad damages from the previous 3 hours enduro. So far, confirmed damage lists are,

driver side front suspension (major damaged),
passenger front suspension (minor),
both axles,
Front lip, bumper
1st, 3rd and 5th gear (major),
differencial (major or unrepairable),
front wheel bearings + possibly driver side rear hub bearing,
front control arms (driver side, upper + lower),
subframe shifted and bent,
camber plate,
front sway bar end link, steering tie rod ends, possibley steering pinion,
seat bracket,
2 wheels and counting.

Casey, we can use help always. So as for everyone else who are interested in helping us out, please let me know.

Modified by ENDLESS 9 at 5:35 AM 7/14/2005

Modified by ENDLESS 9 at 6:10 AM 7/14/2005
Old 07-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (ENDLESS 9)

I can take pictures.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (ENDLESS 9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ENDLESS 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mr. Tecce called me up few days ago too. I will be planning ours soon. Vehicle is undecided.

If the deal works out for you, I wish your best luck and see you there too.

I do not know about other drivers but I am not retired yet. It's just our car got pretty bad damages from the previous 3 hours enduro. So far, confirmed damage lists are,

driver side front suspension (major damaged),
passenger front suspension (minor),
both axles,
1st, 3rd and 5th gear (major),
differencial (major or unrepairable),
front wheel bearings + possibly driver side rear hub bearing,
front control arms (driver side, upper + lower),
subframe shifted and bent,
camber plate,
front sway bar end link, steering tie rod ends, possibley steering pinion,
seat bracket,
2 wheels and counting.

Casey, we can use help always. So as for everyone else who are interested in helping us out, please let me know. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry to hear about your car getting damaged. As far as our plans are concerned, neither I nor John Tecce have anything definite yet. We, however, would like to drive this year and want to see what is happening with others that may be planning to run. I wasn't too sure about your status Sam, but it appeared that you may not run this year from my earlier discussions with you.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (chad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i feel your pain....and a 50 hour drive across the country!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

screw it...lets do it anyway

im driving halfway there in about 20 mins. for HIN work related
Old 07-14-2005, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (paRRRker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by paRRRker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

screw it...lets do it anyway

im driving halfway there in about 20 mins. for HIN work related </TD></TR></TABLE>

You/Me/Chad/Morgan in the accord? A couple toyos, 2 sets of pads, and a little gas should do it
Old 07-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (Honda318dx)

We are already in the planning stages. Last year's del sol effort was very fun, but at present we think we are going to bring out the old 87 crxsi, as seen in my avatar
&lt;---------. It was born to run enduros.

Usually we have a pretty full crew, but if I have vacancies I'll let you guys know ahead of time.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Trial User

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (gotocrx)

The 25 Hour is so much more difficult than the 12 Hour ever was. The 12 Hour was a cakewalk in comparison. Incredibly hard on the equipmnent, drivers & crew. I had two 'full' crews last year & they still didn't sleep enough. Logisitcally, it is really a ton of work. I don't care what anyone says, the costs are quite a bit more if you want to field a solid effort.

Anyway, there is talk of PDQ Motorsports defending the E2 title. Hard to get my mind around all the work & $$ that is required. We might have to run......wouldn't want a Mazda to take the title
Old 07-14-2005, 09:08 AM
DR
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (civicrr)

I'd be interested in paying for a ride in a arrive and drive kind of deal. What is the nearest big airport??
Old 07-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (civicrr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicrr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I had two 'full' crews last year & they still didn't sleep enough. Logisitcally, it is really a ton of work. I don't care what anyone says, the costs are quite a bit more if you want to field a solid effort.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sleep at a 25 hour..whats that?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:40 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicrr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The 25 Hour is so much more difficult than the 12 Hour ever was. The 12 Hour was a cakewalk in comparison. Incredibly hard on the equipmnent, drivers & crew. I had two 'full' crews last year & they still didn't sleep enough. Logisitcally, it is really a ton of work. I don't care what anyone says, the costs are quite a bit more if you want to field a solid effort.

Anyway, there is talk of PDQ Motorsports defending the E2 title. Hard to get my mind around all the work & $$ that is required. We might have to run......wouldn't want a Mazda to take the title </TD></TR></TABLE>

Your crew was "KIcKASS!" Thanks for the help you guys gave us while we were pitted next to you. You guys ran like clockwork, and it was nice to see...
Old 07-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Trial User

Default Re: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run? (D.CACO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D.CACO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your crew was "KIcKASS!" Thanks for the help you guys gave us while we were pitted next to you. You guys ran like clockwork, and it was nice to see... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks! I am a lucky guy to have such good friends.

Outsane, when you turn 40, being up 30+ hours is a bit hard.

Old 07-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by paRRRker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">screw it...lets do it anyway </TD></TR></TABLE>

freakin' final exams are always the same time as the 25hr!!! however... i WILL race it next year since i'll be graduated and actually have a good paying job (hopefully)!

now... which car to run....

Quick Reply: "25 Hours of Thunderhill" is coming up soon, Who plans to run?