Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Seattle Paint Shops

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seattle Paint Shops

Where can i get my car painted in the seattle area, shops that are reliable and will do a good job and won't charge me so much????
Old 06-20-2007, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Seattle Paint Shops (retro23)

HA, good luck.

How much are you looking to spend? I do paint jobs... But i need to know
what color
what color is the car.
how much body work
door jambs?
Can i have the car for 2 weeks also?

Lemme know.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Seattle Paint Shops (Diyracing2)

well i want the same color as the car now just need to get the dings out and paint my jdm front end the right side has a dent a size of a baseball but not too deep and just the outside of the car needs to be painted where would you be painting it at and do you have any past work that you can show me and how much are you trying to charge and thx for the reply
Old 06-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by retro23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i want the same color as the car now just need to get the dings out and paint my jdm front end the right side has a dent a size of a baseball but not too deep and just the outside of the car needs to be painted where would you be painting it at and do you have any past work that you can show me and how much are you trying to charge and thx for the reply</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you getting the dings out?
You tell me what you want done, and how much you want to spend. I would be painting it in a booth. I do have past work.
search under diyracing1 and diyracing2. I have done a few cars for friends and i dont know how many bumpers and fenders for customers. I also did my two civics and my Hayabusa.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do you have your own booth at home or at work ??I just want it painted the same color and no im not taking the dings out i need it taken out when its getting painted and do you have any picture of your past work??? sorry for asking too many questions and im willing to spend at least 1000-1500 . Do you sand the car too and how many coats do you put on again sorry for too many questions thx for your help
Old 06-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

1500 is that with supplies or your providing the supplies.
What color?
I have a booth that i have access to at all times.
Yes the car would be sanded, but body work is different man. You can spend a full day just on doing the body work....
Old 06-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the color is white just the regular taffeta white i think its a 4dr integra well tell would that include the supplies or not and how much with the supplies???do you have pics of your work????
Old 06-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Figure sealer, primer, paint, tape, roughly $500 dollars supplies. That doesnt include any filler.
I would paint a full car for $1000. Thats JUST labor. That doesnt include supplies and doesnt include body work. Thats sanding, small chip repair, ding type work, sealing, basecoat and clear. Preferabbly you have most of the car disassembled also. Lights removed, mouldings removed. That sorta thing. $1500 dollars and 2 weeks would be great. As for the body work, that would have to be extra depending on how bad it is. I dont like using filler. I would pull all the dents and what not first...

Heres some pics of the last civic.

That $500 in supplies will get you sealer, adhesion promotor, about 3-4 coats of base and about an inch of clear. ahaha.. Thats an exageration, but i love using clear. The more clear, the deeper the paint and the more room when doing wetsanding to get it like glass. That civic was wetsanded in about 1 day. I did not wetsand the bumpers, hood, or roof. I did a rough wetsand which was to just remove a portion of the orange peel because i was just selling the car. I can show you how to wetsand because thats a WHOLE nother ballgame.

I have pics of the busa and other civic at home.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thx for the info ill get back to you
Old 07-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Interesting. Do you have any more pictures of your work?

I have a CRX that I would like repainted white. The car is white now, I want a different "shade" of white though. It also has a Wings West body kit and spoiler that would need to be put on. No major body damage at all. Quarter size, 1/8th inch deep dings at most.

The motor is currently out of the car, the headlights/tail lights, front/rear bumpers, etc will be removed too. I want everything painted: engine bay, door jams, etc.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Seattle Paint Shops (FairlightRacing)

Thats to much work honestly. Your looking at 3 grand in just labor for something like that, and i would want the car for a month...