Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Quarter Panel Repair at Maaco

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quarter Panel Repair at Maaco

yes, my flame suit is on and ready.

i bought a 1994 civic not too long ago for $1,000 and put $400 into repairs and its running like a champ, problem is, the previous owner bondo'ed up both quarter panels and did a diy rattle can paint job. i wanna get both quarter panels replaced and a "presentable" paint job.

now remember, this car only cost me ~$1,400 to date and the actual value of the car is low (probably the same price i bought it at) so i dont want to dump too much money into the car, afterall, its just my dd, not a show car, nor a car to show off, thats what my other car is for, but i dont want it looking like a COMPLETE pile of **** either.

right now maaco quoted me $850ish to replace the quarter panels with new metal quarters and paint. i know any other shop will charge me $2,000+ for just the quarter panels but the thing that worries me are the typical horror stories about maaco jobs.

now my question, has anyone had extensive body work, like replacing rear quarter panels, done at maaco?

i do understand that the quality of work will vary from location to location but i would like to know how their body work is on average. ive read up enough on maaco paint jobs so please dont discuss the quality of their paint to me since im only curious about their body work right now.

ib4friendsdontletfriendsgotomaaco

here are pictures of the quarter panels right now (it looks worse today since this was taken before winter)

Old 05-23-2010, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quarter Panel Repair at Maaco

give it a try .. also check out some cars allready done at that location and if you dont like what u see,,try the next one..
Old 05-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on average...it varys from maaco to maaco, remember, all depends on how much pride the person has in their work
Old 05-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

850 for replacing both quarter panels is a good price. I think you should have a professional work on the existing quarter panels you currently have. I think the previous owner didn't sand the bondo to blend in with the metal.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EASTCOASTDARIDER
give it a try .. also check out some cars allready done at that location and if you dont like what u see,,try the next one..
i just may give it a shot. i figure it cant be so bad to the point where i wouldnt wanna drive it. its cheap so im not expecting a great job anyway
Originally Posted by Spawne32
on average...it varys from maaco to maaco, remember, all depends on how much pride the person has in their work
yeah, hopefully i find a good one
Originally Posted by HONDA RR
850 for replacing both quarter panels is a good price. I think you should have a professional work on the existing quarter panels you currently have. I think the previous owner didn't sand the bondo to blend in with the metal.
the previous owner just cut it all and replaced it with fiberglass lol. yeah... shitty lol
Old 05-25-2010, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id give it a try, tell them when they take quarter off you want 2 see all rust out before they put new quarter in... a friend of mine went with a small shop and they were getting ready put quarters on with rust still inside the back side and lower side lol guy told him it be extra to take rust out and assume he wouldnt want to pay it... ****ing people.....
Old 05-02-2020, 03:42 AM
Trial User

Did u got through with the cut and weld job at Maaco? I know it’s been about 10 yrs lol and they are independently owned but curious what results u got