Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

post your home paint job

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (H22JEFFREY)

thanks, its a 05 accord hood. BASF Diamont base / clear. Sata jet 3000 gun.
Good news....Didnt have to buff the hood.
BAd News....Got overspray on another car...DID have to buff that...alot..lol
Old 12-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ThatGuy(SW))

damn that sux...
Old 12-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i say.... i say..... BULLSHIT ,you say you painted it outside under a tent and didn't have to cut and polish it ?yeah right

so your saying that the weather was so perfect that there wasent anything in the paint or clear ? hmmmmm i don,t believe that mister haha

so there wasent any orange peel at all ? i don,t see how that possible since you did it outside and even in a booth witht he perfect setup you get orange peel .

even from factory you have orange peel .

you did a very good job ,i just think your stretching the turth a bit there bud

Old 12-04-2007, 07:32 AM

Default Re: (phatboycrxhf)

Well "bud" you seem to know nothing about painting. Weather does not have an effect of Orange Peel... nor does the temp. Even so, I live in Fla. I never said there wasnt a few peices of trash in the clear... its just no orange peel. Doing this **** for a living really helps with the whole orange peel factor as well. you dont need a booth to get a good paintjob

and for the record.... orange peel is a result or gun pressure and how far away and or how fast you spray. Also quality materials help.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: (SneezinCD5)

the end product of the teal eg.....

the color is hot.. i cant take my eyes off it...
Old 12-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow !obviously you don't know anything about painting since weather and temp has alot to do with it when you do it outside .

thats like painting int he cold ,whats going to happen ? its going to run no matter what right .

ahhhhh i'm not goignt o get into it .you did a great job on that car ,just don,t think your telling the truth (shrugs)

Old 12-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I painted mine outside and I didn't get any trash in the clear. I got the normal orange peel but no trash.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phatboycrxhf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats like painting int he cold ,whats going to happen ? its going to run no matter what right .

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well this is true, but i wasnt reffering to extremes like this. Its Florida dude...in June. And yes, you can paint in the cold without it running... well, with a heatlamp on the panel. But it still SUCKS. Annnd I'm not lying. lol, so heres a AFTER buff picture.

Cant tell, but theres still some peel towards the top. Shrunk the pic to much.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how much do you guys think i could get a paint job like sneezinCD5 (on the first page) ,for?

except the color would be like a Si blue?

(hatchy) minor body work
Old 12-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha yeah you have a point (mantioba,canada florida) big diffrence there and i'm sure we have totally diffrent ways of doing things

here is a pic of a hood i just painted last night ,no wetsand buffing or polish .

yeah flames ,there metallic green pearl

and a pic to show how well it turned out .don't mind the wiped dust . (i only had it sitting for about and hour and it had a layer of dust allready
Old 12-07-2007, 12:36 PM

Met. green flames on black looks good man. I like how its on one side and not all across.

And I just read your 1st post, I've never used cans of water on the ground, but I have wet the entire area, deff. helps out with dust flyin around. I'll even wet the ground when in a booth, works great.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

My homemade "roller" paint job. Interlux Brightside Black.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i like the flames ,most don't but i don't care haha .I like to have fun with it .

yeah ive tried the cans of water deal ,it works ,but not as good . there was a layer of dust on the top of the water .

not as good as just wetting the whole area down . I think the person that started that was just lazy! there is next to no clean up ,except for what you painted haha .

so guys stick to just wetting the whole floor down ,works better .

but i allso wet my poly walls i put up to spray the hood and it worked great . allt eh paint dust stuck to the wall and ran down the the ground .

Old 12-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here it was my bro, my bro-in-law, and me sanding down the car with 500 grit 3M sand paper. By the way, we are wet sanding.

Here we are taping up the car and covering the wheels of the car. This is the longest process.

My bro is painting the door jams first, and later will paint the outside all at once.

We didn't wanna take off the doors, but if you like it to be perfect, you can take it out.

He also painted inside the trunk....this was just the first 2 coats...there's no whites at the end.

Here he is painting the roof....sliding down the sun/moon roof so that the inside is painted as well..Not the interior. We taped underneath the sun roof so that no paint will get in.

Now that all jams, trunk, and under hood are painted. he went on and painted the outside.

It gets very foggy in the garage as u can see.

Here is a finish paint of the car without clear coat yet.

Here it is after he painted 3 coats of clear.

We took it outside for a good look, to see if we missed any spots.

Then he painted the bumpers, side skirts, and mirrors.

After all was done, he sanded the car with i think 1500 or 3000 grit sand paper and used some compound to remove little rough imperfections on the surface. And after that, buffed the entire car with 3M polishing compound. I don't have pics of this process.

Here is the finish piece.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:14 AM

Was linked to this site from a different car forum and figured I'd share.
'86 5.0 coupe, swapped from the 4 eyed nose and louvered rear windows, to the 87-93 nose, tail, body moldings and 1/4 glass.

Home made plastic sheeting booth, box fans and AC filters. IR 80 gal compressor, Sharpe Finex HVLP gun. Paint's DuPont Chroma-Premier BC/CC.
I did have to wedsand and polish.. lol

Maybe not you guys kind of car, but paint's paint.

Modified by fatsvert at 2:48 AM 12/11/2007
Old 12-11-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: (siblue_gzer)

i remember that thread! homeboy painted the whole car with that cheap harbor freight gun! got one just like it
good thread
Old 12-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vargas)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vargas &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much do you guys think i could get a paint job like sneezinCD5 (on the first page) ,for?

except the color would be like a Si blue?

(hatchy) minor body work</TD></TR></TABLE>

I charge around 450-500+ materials to shoot a car. I see your in FL too
Old 12-13-2007, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alltech_hybrid)

latest cars added look great

i'm really intot he mustangs paint color ,very nice and great job

its amazing what paint can do haha
Old 12-13-2007, 05:30 PM

Thanks for that, man.
I was checking out your's and stunn'd's work. Both of you guys are doing amazing things. Taking rusted northern cars and making them look new. Great stuff!

The color's deep jewel metallic green. Ford color code PA. Some expensive stuff, as it's packed full of all different color pearl. My dvmbazz went to Car-quest and told them to mix it up for me, clueless of how much it would cost (base alone was $500), so I got stuck with it. If I'd known upfront the cost, I would've done black.

Thanks again
Old 12-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Genuine Rolla)

a little hint when you spay metallics you want to fan them out so that they lay even.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ThatGuy(SW) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well "bud" you seem to know nothing about painting. Weather does not have an effect of Orange Peel... nor does the temp. Even so, I live in Fla. I never said there wasnt a few peices of trash in the clear... its just no orange peel. Doing this **** for a living really helps with the whole orange peel factor as well. you dont need a booth to get a good paintjob

and for the record.... orange peel is a result or gun pressure and how far away and or how fast you spray. Also quality materials help. </TD></TR></TABLE>Orange peel is affected because of the weather and temp.Why do you think they have diffrent reducers and temps of hardner.Its to speed up the dry time or slow it down.Yes gun pressure will cause peel.But i can promise you that NOONE on this forum or on this planet can spray a car as slick as it can be cut and buffed...

If you would like to prove me wrong i work in a shop that has a 50ft long 20 ft wide downdraft and a normal car down draft booth.Both heated.You can bring any car you would like up and any paint you would like with you.If when its done beeing painted it has ZERO peel in it i will give you $1000...If it has peel you give me $1000...................................
Old 12-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mustang came out great, wish i could've seen more pics of the process.

that blue civic on this page, came out amazing for the gun that was used, wow!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Re: (fventura03)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fventura03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mustang came out great, wish i could've seen more pics of the process.
</TD></TR></TABLE>I had the project pixs hosted on a mustang site, but the server lost it's image hosting, along with my documented pictures I had pictures of it primed, in the home made booth ready for shooting and directly after shooting. Lost them all.
They were here http://5lmustang.com/forum/vie...art=0

Here's a few that survived though.

A couple of when I was stripping it.

After some of the 87-93 upgrade body parts were test fitted. I had some cheap Nason base that I used as guide coat for the final sanding.

During the color sanding process

Old 12-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fatsvert)

man, the electron blue pearl civic looks soo factory, good work man.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Streets of Sacramento...But now living in So Cal, usa
Default Re: (fventura03)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fventura03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mustang came out great, wish i could've seen more pics of the process.

x2

that blue civic on this page, came out amazing for the gun that was used, wow!</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol..i couldnt agree more

Quick Reply: post your home paint job