Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Offical 2010 Valve cover paint off!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Offical 2010 Valve cover paint off!

ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST AND WHAT YOU ARE DONATING TO THE PRIZE POOL!

A POLL THREAD WILL BE CREATED AT THE END OF THE COMPETION WITH ALL YOUR PICTURES ECT

The Challenge:
Enter a competition to create the best, most unique, artistic valve cover ("VC") and win a popular vote.

Every entry will require a "donation" (see fees/prizes) Winners will be determined by popular vote with an official poll at the conclusion of the competition.

The Prizes:

TBD from outcome of people registered

The Purpose:
To inspire and Push others to create "bigger and better" things.
To promote traffic and participation in the Paint and Body Forum and to build a tech base with knowledgeable people.

The RULES:
These are the rules for the competition. Please note first and foremost, these are RULES, not just guidelines. Entries will be disqualified if the do not abide by the rules listed here. Please IM/PM me with any questions.

1) ANY media Goes.....I will ask that with the popularity of hydrodipping that you can use it but please dont rely soley on it..ie add a different form of media...hand painting/spray etc aswell.

2) You must provide a minimum of three (3) pictures of your process.

(a) A "before" picture. Simple, a picture before any sanding, stripping, shaving, etc. begins.

(b) A "during" picture. This can be a picture of any part of the process. More than one of this process is encouraged, but not required.

(c) A "complete" picture. This is a picture of your final product. Again, more than one of this process is encouraged, but not required. Please notify me of exactly which picture you choose for your official entry. This is the one that will be posted for polling purposes. A quality camera/picture can certainly improve your odds. I realize more than one picture may be necessary to capture the different aspects of the VC (i.e. shading, metallics in the sun, etc.). The VC does not have to be on the motor in your pic.

3) Please if possible provide a list of materials you used that way others who are new to this process have some sort of starting point for there projects... ie: sand paper, paint stripper, primer, paint, clear, tape, etc. A picture would be nice, but not required.

4) Entrance fees/ Prizes: Since all of of seem to be broke... no money envolved i just ask that if you want to take part in this contest... each valve cover submission will need a Part donation...ie..stickers,ecu,shift *****,clusters,spare valve cover,spark plug covers..ect it does't have to be huge like a swap or turbo kit but please nothing like a pack of gum ect...afterall you will be competing for these prizes!

5) VCs you've done prior to this competition are not admissible.

6) VCs are welcome from any make/model, but after all this is Honda-Tech, so naturally we would prefer it be Honda/Acura.

Dates of Competition:

Begins: NOW
Ends: Sept 10, 2010

All pictures must be submitted by Sept 10th

Goodluck...and no cheating guys lol

Official Entries:

Participates / Prize donation

1)Fibercation/ real Carbon Fiber vtec solinod cover
Old 08-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Track Advocate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Offical 2010 Valve cover paint off!

can't use any old ones may have to do my current one
Old 09-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Offical 2010 Valve cover paint off!

Is Fibercation the only one in this?
I painted my valve cover for this competition but then I realized I don't have anything to give for a prize...