Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

new to car painting..

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post new to car painting..

I was just wondering if any of you guys in here have ever ordered any product from this website? --> http://www.easypaintyourcar.com/
If you have, are they good with providing directions step by step?
Old 12-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: new to car painting..

theres plenty of cheap ways to paint your car, but the only way to get a professional, good looking paint job, is to go to a professional, with professional tools, and supplys, that probably cost more then your willing to pay for. But generally the process consists of repairing damage, sanding, primer, and paint.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't waste your money, the information is free on the internet.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eyger
Don't waste your money, the information is free on the internet.

I would agree you could paint a car on your own and have done professionally too. It take time, patient, practice, research, and ask questions. Do get me wrong because sometime professional painter can still make mistakes too.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Post Re: new to car painting..

I was told or read on an article said that those guys in the shop probably not doing as good of a job as you would do (not their car), plus would cost more than you do it yourself. (other probably not taking good care of your car as much as you would do).

I have rusts on a common civic spots and would like that to get done.
The holes on those areas are about 1 inch.
Should I do a cut that surrounding area and replace with metal or the whole rear pane replace?

Any tips/useful information to help me out, guys?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you go to a good reputable shop, the car never leaves until the owner of the shop and the owner of the car is happy. That's how I roll and have never had any complaints... And yes the professionals make mistakes all the time, but part of being a professional is knowing how to properly correct your mistake, and catch your mistake before going any further... Like bakertime said, information is free and all over the internet...you can do all the reading you want, but you'll never be a good body/paint guy without hands on experience. If you've got the money, have it done professionally, at a reputable shop...NOT maaco.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check Eastwood paints, and autobody depot they have some great colors and prices.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FearTheH
If you go to a good reputable shop, the car never leaves until the owner of the shop and the owner of the car is happy. That's how I roll and have never had any complaints... And yes the professionals make mistakes all the time, but part of being a professional is knowing how to properly correct your mistake, and catch your mistake before going any further... Like bakertime said, information is free and all over the internet...you can do all the reading you want, but you'll never be a good body/paint guy without hands on experience. If you've got the money, have it done professionally, at a reputable shop...NOT maaco.

i strongly agree..! im a custom auto painter. im a pro. i always have guys come up to me with some messed up diy paint job asking me to redo it. i usually say no to the jobs. but if i do take the jobs i double the price. cuz it really sucks to redo someone elses work.