Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

$50 paint job accord 96 in progress!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't let anyone put you down man, You did all this yourself and on a budget and made it look good for what money was spent. Everyone is just hating on you but they dont understand that its not as easy as it looks. Not everyone has 4-500 to blow on a paint job

You learned and probably had fun doing it and it sure funny as hell to tell someone you painted a car with rust paint ( trust me because I say it all the time).

Good job and good luck!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ to hear that at you and your paint job

you should've jus tpainted your new parts your original color instead of painting it black? whatever color it was

i already attempted this $50 paint job, it isnt easy at all i'll admit that, but it sure as hell is not worth it, you spend so much on sand paper and spirit minerals
Old 05-04-2008, 08:58 PM

Nice job. Worth every penny.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:07 PM

Nice job

Keep it up
Old 05-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hell Maggot)

thanks guys, not really i purchase one pack of 80 grit for my sander 4 bucks and one assorted pack of wet sand peper 4 bucks and one pack of 2000 grit wet sand 4 bucks so total of 12 bucks one bottole of mineral spirts

prety much 12 for sand peper
one can paint and one can mineral spirt 13 bucks
one roll of tape 4 bucks
polish compound 10 bucks
swril and scratch remover 6 bucks
wax- i already had but was 10 bucks
buffer machine 32
elbow greese-priceless LOL
55 with all polish and paint and paper
90 bucks with polisher, so all depends on wat u have and dont,

still need to buff more because that day it started rain so got al my polish smear all over and look like ****, i have to use wax remover to take off all polish and repolish it that wil cose me 5 more bucks
Old 05-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Civic_4life)

don't let anyone put you down man, You did all this yourself and on a budget and made it look good for what money was spent. Everyone is just hating on you but they dont understand that its not as easy as it looks. Not everyone has 4-500 to blow on a paint job
You learned and probably had fun doing it and it sure funny as hell to tell someone you painted a car with rust paint ( trust me because I say it all the time).

ya i told my friend that i painted my car he is like nice, where u painted at since u dont have a garage and tools, i was like hmm right here(drive way) he is like u spray out here in ur drive way???? i was like NOO i used this(black roller) he is like wtf? how? im like hmm dip in paint and roll it on and sand it he is like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf, so ya

and i did have a FUN TIME, but get pissed off after few days of sanding and i learn so much about how this paint works, if i do to another car, result will be wayyy better, becasue i didnt sand as much as i should, im going back to my old town, and remodle my house, and i sitll have my 90 accord primers, ima do this to it so i can sell it for wayyyyyy more, and i will do better job since i kinda mess up on this one, lol sandin is very bitchy sometimes

but thanks alot guys for spending ur time loking throuhg 423423423422 pics i ahve i though ppl like pics so hope u dont have dial up
Old 05-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE: 5-5-08 ok i thinik im done, other than final wax next week but over all thanks alot guys for input bad and good, both help me throughout the process. i had ALOT fun and learn so much about this paint, it is very unique and ez to work with, and self levels so no runs or uneven spots, i learn more about how to prep surface before paint, like old saying learn as u go, i did learn alot, it was totoally worth the time and elbow grease, well here is the pics, ill post more when i get the car washed and i think i might have to resand there bumpers but ill do that later, im tired and im happy with the body

I KONW THIS COULD TURN OUT ALOT BETTER, BUT IM TIRED AND I CAN ALWAYS FIX IT LATER LIKE RESAND AND RE BUFF, THATS Y I LOVE THIS PAINT, ITS SO EZ TO WORK ON, AND IF U [freak]ED UP U CAN ALWAYS RE DO IT A SECTION AT TIME:u_r_god:
Old 05-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you did a good job, considering your materials. take a pic from about 10 feet away so we can see the whole car in one shot...
Old 05-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

laugh out loud
Old 05-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kelviiv)

it looks pretty good, although kelviiv has a good point that you should of left it as is with the original paint-

i think your hood has too many dings to pull off this paint job well-

if you found a perfectly straight hood, it would look alot better

for example: your doors looks pretty straight, and they look really good, probably the best part on the car-

or maybe find a carbon fiber hood for cheap?

drop it on some oem honda wheels- it will look great!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (spray2020)

do you still have your oem honda wheels? they would look so good on the car!

you dont like them?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i do have my oem ones BUT the tires are like shitty, i konw those wheel are ugly but i got them for 300, my friend sold me cheap, im trading for some 16's, i normally hate 17's but for the price i dont mind, and ill trade them trust me, they bother me, lol
Old 05-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it looks pretty good, although kelviiv has a good point that you should of left it as is with the original paint-
i think your hood has too many dings to pull off this paint job well-

if you found a perfectly straight hood, it would look alot better

for example: your doors looks pretty straight, and they look really good, probably the best part on the car-

or maybe find a carbon fiber hood for cheap?

drop it on some oem honda wheels- it will look great!

well there is like no paint on the oem paint, half of them either faded or no clear, and i did try to restore it but no luck, even this paint have no metalic in it but for the price, i dont think its bad, and

also this is my first time messing wit this paint, i really [freak]ed up in the front end because of stupid mistakes, but over all from all the mistates and first timer, i think i did decent job, still need to wet sand bumpers and fix the roof still, and i havent put any wax on yet, just compund and polish,

anyway, if i do another car with same procress, it would be much faster and it will look much better, becuase it is simply my first time and i was dout this wil even come out shiny, but it did so i was happy with this, and i could do another car with the pruduct i have left . jsut need paint and mineral sprit and sand paper and more elboe grease, about 20 bucks i can do another car i stil ahve alot polish and compound and sand paper left, i brough **** load
Old 05-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i think you went with the hardest color to pull off-

I am doing the lower half of an OLD lexus my dad has, in black and I am using your process to get it to look good-

i think if you do a second car, try and lighter color (white, almond ) which will be easier to get a good finsh.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i think you went with the hardest color to pull off-
I am doing the lower half of an OLD lexus my dad has, in black and I am using your process to get it to look good-

i think if you do a second car, try and lighter color (white, almond ) which will be easier to get a good finsh.

well my car was black and i dont want to paint the door jam and trunk and hood bla bla, but it is hardest but fukign up is learning, lol if i do antoher black color, i would def do better job
Old 05-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks darn good to me! Black is really difficult to make look good, and shows every flaw, as said, a lighter color with teh same meathod you used would likely look mint!

Looks like you have some sanding scratches left, other than that it looks really good. With mmore fine grit sanding and some compounding I bet it would absolutly glow.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya it need more work but when i get some done , i think ill get a new hood, there is wayyyyy too much [freak]ign dings, lol, ill look around local and junk yard, or get a faded carbon fiber and restore it
Old 05-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sry guys still no update, it is almot done, im on vacation, so will be back next week, im rewet sand few spots mainly hood maybe just get a new hood, and doors still little bit orangy so ill redo that, and the car willl be lower also, sick tired of height with the rims, and possibily trade for some enkie 16's if that guy wont be a dick and want too much for it
Old 05-21-2008, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looking good bro, don't let these guys put you down. i love how all these people are talking crap that the fifty dollar job is crappy. I mean come on its a freaking Honda for christ sakes! its not like your restoring a 57 Chevy bel-air classic or anything. i would definitely drop 2-5k on a paint job for a car like that, but not on a Honda thats worth about 2k. especially if its gonna be my daily driver.
/rant lol
keep up the good work, next time try thinner coats and watch how nice the paint levels itself.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! props on this
Old 05-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Banned

Default Re: (sde780)

sometimes things are best left untouched..........
Old 05-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yo I give you hella props for what you've done to your car. It looks amazing for a job done on a driveway and the amount of money spent. Ppl need to understand that not every car needs a 1000+ plus paint job. Some times you gotta do what you gotta do to make you car look decent, and for DD car you've done a hell of a job under 100 bucks.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

Wrong thread
Old 05-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

700 bucks for that car?

I'd call it a steal, at the most you payed under 1000 for everything you've done. (paint, interior, etc..) and the car looks great.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlacStarr)

ok hmm i would leave it untouch but u dont understand.. the top part of car like hood, roof, and trunk lid had like no paint??? i literally mean like the clear coat is totally burn off and paint is rough like sand

and also i dont want to spend 700 on a paint job when i got this car 700 bucks, it is just a car get by, and i like to do things on my own car as much as possible, i had some time that week and i didnt alot research so i decide to try it, it actually turn out alot better than i expected, and its my FIRSTT TIME, so i learned alot and made few mistake on that paint job, but im gonna re do it with differenct color, like white or some thing lighter tone..

well thanks guys for comment, it is just me want to do soemthing that many ppl dont do, all my friends were surpise that i actually roll it and did in my drive way.. lol then they see how shiny it is , there wer like but then told me wow gj :D

Quick Reply: $50 paint job accord 96 in progress!!!!