Notices
Honda Minivans, Crossovers, and Trucks Honda Odyssey / Ridgeline / Pilot / HR-V
Acura MDX / RDX

Jumper cables hooked up backwards... Honda Pilot.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 08:08 PM
86%

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jumper cables hooked up backwards... Honda Pilot.

So, was over at my buddies working in his garage, when the battery in his Pilot died. We jumped it with his truck. But I guess he hooked up the cables backwards on the truck. I caught it after a second, but now his radio isn't working. Car started up fine and everything once we switched them around. Truck seems alright. But the pilot's radio doesn't work, everything else electronically seems alright.

Edit: Also, all it says on the steroe is 'Code' when you try to turn it on or anything.

Anyone know if it's something simple?

Modified by GoodEyeSniper at 9:23 PM 11/16/2008
Old 11-17-2008, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check the owners manual or go to a Honda dealership to retrieve the stereo code. If the battery died the security code locks thieves out of the stereo.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoodEyeSniper
So, was over at my buddies working in his garage, when the battery in his Pilot died. We jumped it with his truck. But I guess he hooked up the cables backwards on the truck. I caught it after a second, but now his radio isn't working. Car started up fine and everything once we switched them around. Truck seems alright. But the pilot's radio doesn't work, everything else electronically seems alright.

Edit: Also, all it says on the steroe is 'Code' when you try to turn it on or anything.

First that is why you always put the negative ground anywhere on the chassis and not on the negative terminal of the battery. This is so you cant damage anything by hooking it up wrong.

Second all you need is the radio code and the radio will work again.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:31 AM

I concur.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

fuse!
Old 11-29-2008, 03:29 PM

just the radio code needs to be entered since the battery was disconnected. not a fuse, it would not work if it were a fuse
Old 11-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GoodEyeSniper

Modified by GoodEyeSniper at 9:23 PM 11/16/2008
Depending on the year , with the power off on the radio and key on , hold down buttons 1 and 6 at the same and hold them down, well holding them down hit the power button and the radios serial # will come up on the screen the first set of numbers and then the second set , call your local honda dealer with the serial number and they can give you the code if you cant find it in the truck some place , they are suposed to be on the inside of the glove box on the left hand side , I hope this helps you out , btw the owner got lucky hooking it up backwards , I have seen all kinds of things get fryed due to this.