Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

what is with people now days?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is with people now days?

just because i drive a honda with some minor body flaws that people think its ok to hit my rear bumper in a parking lot and not say anything? if they said somthing i would care cause it can buff out but when people dont say anything about it! especialy when you park in the lower 40 so people dont do that. but people still surprise me! just felt like venting to people who understand the pain of driving a honda.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is with people now days?

why is it that everytime something happens to their car they blame it on the fact that its a honda? random acts of vandalism, theft, hit and run etc. can happen to any make and model of car. people are pieces of ****, get over it.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MaK503
why is it that everytime something happens to their car they blame it on the fact that its a honda? random acts of vandalism, theft, hit and run etc. can happen to any make and model of car. people are pieces of ****, get over it.
well cause its a honda site, and no one is going to post about someone hitting their daewo or hyundai on here. just a little FYI
Old 04-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it does suck, especially when you go out of your way to park deep so it doesn't I try to park pretty far away so it doesn't happen. I hate it when I park in the middle of like 10 open spots, and someone parks right next to me. wtf is wrong with the 8 other spots? why do people feel the need to park right next to someone else?
on my wife's old civic 4dr, every single ding on it was from random dings in parking lots. I know cause I saw that car fresh when we first started dating when her dad used to drive it, and it only had one dent on the bumper, than it was like hit after hit all on the doors, and I know it's not my wife cause she's really cautious when she opens her door, I know she wouldn't have hit a post or dinged another car or something
Old 04-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JaysHatcH
it does suck, especially when you go out of your way to park deep so it doesn't I try to park pretty far away so it doesn't happen. I hate it when I park in the middle of like 10 open spots, and someone parks right next to me. wtf is wrong with the 8 other spots? why do people feel the need to park right next to someone else?
on my wife's old civic 4dr, every single ding on it was from random dings in parking lots. I know cause I saw that car fresh when we first started dating when her dad used to drive it, and it only had one dent on the bumper, than it was like hit after hit all on the doors, and I know it's not my wife cause she's really cautious when she opens her door, I know she wouldn't have hit a post or dinged another car or something
i go through the same ****. The wife gets hella mad cause i park far away from where we are going, and sure as **** we come out and some retard has parked next to me.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:17 AM
R72
Honda-Tech Member

I've started carrying a roll of bubble wrap in mine. Every time I park somewhere I wrap my entire car. No, but seriously, it is annoying as fack to come out from the grocery store and have some fat suv parked on the line 8 inches from your car.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah that too. if your going to buy a big *** truck or suv, learn to park the damn thing. it's bad enough we have to share the roads, gas, and freakin ozone layer with the damn monstrosities but I'm tired of them trying to share parking spots. it's redonculous
Old 04-27-2010, 06:43 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

If you're really worried about it:

http://www.bumperpad.com/
Old 04-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

/\ /\ haha i got to get one of those.
But i know exactly what you guys mean. When i first got my accord back in the day it was clean! Always parked where there were little to no cars to ding it and sure enough 2 years later, same car, have about 5-10 random dings and dents. Also dumb F****** who thinks its cool to take their anger out on your car at a party... (I parked down the street by the way and still..) It did not turn out well for that guy to say the least. But im just sick of people being stupid...
Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 AM
H-T White Ops

Or do what I did and get a daily beater. Protects from all kind of wear and tear.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

When in desperate measures, Use Bandaids
Old 04-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NOFX
Or do what I did and get a daily beater. Protects from all kind of wear and tear.
Then whats the purpose of owning "a nice honda" if you cannot enjoy it?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:00 PM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by niterider96cord
Then whats the purpose of owning "a nice honda" if you cannot enjoy it?
Who says I can't enjoy my "nice Honda" just because I have a daily to keep the nice car from getting beat to ****?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dunno it just seems if you're going to own a vehicle and put a bunch of time and money into that i would drive it everywhere and enjoy as much as possible, just take extra precautions to evade damages but thats just me i suppose. Its kind of a toss up either way tho i can see where you'r coming from, wouldnt it just be nice if people weren't retarded.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:47 PM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by niterider96cord
I dunno it just seems if you're going to own a vehicle and put a bunch of time and money into that i would drive it everywhere and enjoy as much as possible, just take extra precautions to evade damages but thats just me i suppose. Its kind of a toss up either way tho i can see where you'r coming from, wouldnt it just be nice if people weren't retarded.
My car got stolen two months after I moved to Washington. I live in the Puget Sound area, where it's common to come out to find your car gone.

If I were living back east I'd probably drive it a lot more often.

Now I keep the nice car at home and bring it out on nice days. I drive the daily when the nice car is down, when its raining or when I'm going to go shopping or drive somewhere my nice car can't or shouldn't go.

I don't have to worry about parking my car at a mall to come out to no car. I don't have to worry about door dings or bumper scrapes. I can lower my car more than I otherwise would. I can buy nice wheels and tires and not have to worry about beater winter wheels. I don't have to worry about salt or magnesium chloride getting on my car in the winter time. I don't have to worry so much about another car hitting my nice car. I have a sedan I can put dirtier parts in for transportation or fit four wheels with tires in a lot easier. I can go to the grocery store without unwanted attention from cops and other cars (I get quite a lot of attention in the Civic). I can even use the daily as an extra car to loan to friends when their car is down!

Overall having a daily has paid off so much. I've had it a year so far and it didn't cost that much ($2200 and in great condition - I get compliments on my daily often, oddly enough). It's one of the best things I've ever bought for my Civic.

Last edited by NOFX; 04-28-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i daily drive a mini van with some damage under both rear tail lights from both backing into some one (not my fault!) and being backed into... i work at walmart, and i came out the other night to find my alarm had been set off. the next day i was looking at my car, and noticed that some of the damage on the back of my car had suddenly become worse, and no one bothered to leave a damn note on my car. plus it's not like i was sticking out into the lane or anything, i usually pull as far forward as my lane will allow, but idiots in this world still exist, sadly