Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

South Sound thieves

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 03:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South Sound thieves

I'd like to build a proper DC2 teggy (love the side profile) next but am worried about theft. I envision an LS 5 speed chassis but I want to build a nice little lsv or gsr in my garage. I live in the honda theft capital of the world. Kent/Auburn/Federal Way. Seen a few people lose their cars and it infuriates me cause they were all handbuilt pride-filled cars. I even saw some pic here on HT of a guys teal EG hatch that ended up in a dumpster they chopped it up so bad. That really made me mad cause I work hard for all I have and can't imagine myself in his shoes. Also read about a dudes K swapped coupe from around my area. That pissed me off too. Nice clean car somebody put work, time, money and I assume love into and it's gone.

I had a short contact with a pair of honda theives back a few years ago during a crime in progress and let me tell you they were pieces of sh*t. Real winners of society. Is there just an acceptance level around here where when you buy it you just have to say "Hey that's just part of the game"?

I know a few wiring tricks and killswitch bs but the reality is that if they want it, they will take it. Which sucks because I will get paranoid when I am in a club, bar or movie theater. I don't want that over my head. Of course I fantasize about catching a thief redhanded and confronting them with my .40 cal but how likely is that? Not.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: South Sound thieves

Let me tell you something, just move on. Get something thats 99% harder to steal. You'll thank me in the future when you wake up to your beautiful car and it's still there every morning!

After being 3 honda's in, i finally switched to a better car, been happy and worry free ever since. Plus girl's cream their panties every time they see my new car.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:07 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ManOverboard
I'd like to build a proper DC2 teggy (love the side profile) next but am worried about theft. I envision an LS 5 speed chassis but I want to build a nice little lsv or gsr in my garage. I live in the honda theft capital of the world. Kent/Auburn/Federal Way. Seen a few people lose their cars and it infuriates me cause they were all handbuilt pride-filled cars. I even saw some pic here on HT of a guys teal EG hatch that ended up in a dumpster they chopped it up so bad. That really made me mad cause I work hard for all I have and can't imagine myself in his shoes. Also read about a dudes K swapped coupe from around my area. That pissed me off too. Nice clean car somebody put work, time, money and I assume love into and it's gone.

I had a short contact with a pair of honda theives back a few years ago during a crime in progress and let me tell you they were pieces of sh*t. Real winners of society. Is there just an acceptance level around here where when you buy it you just have to say "Hey that's just part of the game"?

I know a few wiring tricks and killswitch bs but the reality is that if they want it, they will take it. Which sucks because I will get paranoid when I am in a club, bar or movie theater. I don't want that over my head. Of course I fantasize about catching a thief redhanded and confronting them with my .40 cal but how likely is that? Not.
From what I've heard from most people in the Honda scene they either accept car theft as part of the game ("Of course it got stolen. It's a Honda.") or, even better, they enjoy that car theft helps make some parts show up cheap for them.

I've been basically told I'm stupid for turning down parts that I suspect are stolen. Usually they'll cite how someone else will just buy it, so why not get the good deal yourself. And if they have a friend who steals they always figure that friend would never steal from them.

Don't park the car outside overnight. Don't park the car unattended. Don't park the car in apartment complexes, mall parking lots, college parking lots or roadside (seems like lots of theft happens in those areas, plus driveways at night). Don't tell people where you live. Don't brag about your modifications. Layer security.

Best bet is to garage the car and get something else as a daily driver. The best daily is something reliable with plentiful replacement parts. A nice bland daily also helps keep cops off your back.

Of course, what exactly are we supposed to do besides any of this to help get rid of thieves? There's a market for parts, often the cars aren't protected, and people are willing to keep quiet about their friends who steal.

Oh, and I had a friend a few years back who walked out of a movie theater to find three 14-15-year-olds breaking into his modified WRX. They bolted for their 5th gen Civic hatch, he chased them down, he carries. He aimed for their tires and at least one shot went through their tailgate, hitting one of the kids in the ***. They ended up in someone's front yard and he held them at gunpoint until the police showed up. My friend got a slap on the wrist and the police in this instance backed him up which probably made his punishment less (think he might have gotten probation). As I understand it, car theft in the area dropped for some time.

Nothing quite like getting that reminder that, yes, some people will shoot your *** (lulz) for breaking into or stealing their car. There's always threats, but I guess when it actually happens it's a bit of a wake up call.
Originally Posted by iHEARTMYCiViC
Let me tell you something, just move on. Get something thats 99% harder to steal. You'll thank me in the future when you wake up to your beautiful car and it's still there every morning!

After being 3 honda's in, i finally switched to a better car, been happy and worry free ever since. Plus girl's cream their panties every time they see my new car.
What did you switch to?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn! That's pretty much all bad I really like the lines of the dc teg. I'm downgrading from turbo/awd DSM's for the time being and need a new daily. I'm 70% about engine building and 30% clean exterior lines. Shitty how bad people have to ruin something as simple as wanting a nice car for a quick buck.

I'm split on it. I'm in love with pics of an all black properly built OEM looking coupe but don't want to get jacked. All I hear is civics and tegs get stripped and if I do the car I'll do it right with a lot of $$ and my own labor over time. Most of the reasoning behind me wanting to get it is cause there's so many cheap speed parts for the B's. STi's, Audis, bmw's, euro luxury, VIP, old school v8 muscle are all things I'm into but cost too much to upgrade. honda is cheap(er)
Old 11-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What about DC5 RSX? do those get stolen a lot? I had a friend with a Type S last year and liked it a lot.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What about DC5 RSX? do those get stolen a lot? I had a friend with a Type S last year and liked it a lot.
yes the rsx type s gets stolen alot too rsx has kin it and dumbass ppl who cant afford to.turbo or even get a b swap try to steal a rsx.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:08 AM
H-T White Ops

Oh, and a starter might be to remove or change your location in your profile.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do all you can do is layer security alarm with tracjing and back up battery,kill switches,nrg set up with lock,clutch lock and oh yeah FULL COVERAGE and keep all your recipts for any and everything you purchase so if things do go south you will be compinsated for most of your losses!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pull the ECU and a nice paging alarm system so u can go beat someones *** when they touch your ride!!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jwicecold
Pull the ECU and a nice paging alarm system so u can go beat someones *** when they touch your ride!!
+1
Old 11-06-2011, 07:39 PM

Even better than pulling the ECU, use Neptune RTP with anti-theft sequence along with the paging alarm system. Will never start for them, and while they are trying you can sneak up and lay the beat down.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do more then lay the beat down kill there ***!!! no one will ever find out since they aint gonna tell no one where they gonna go steal a car just kill them and chop up the body and dump it some where they're not gonna tell there family or friends n be like oh imma steal this car over at this place make it easy for all of us thats what i'd do if only i can kill some one n get away id do it
Old 11-06-2011, 09:30 PM
longest project ever

they will steal anything, someone over at three geez just got his 2nd gen accord stolen. It's not like those are high demand parts
Old 11-07-2011, 04:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You could remove the airbag and mount a 12 gauge shotgun in the steering column
Old 11-07-2011, 10:42 AM
H-T White Ops

I'd imagine that second gen Accord was stolen for a joy ride. As you said, unlikely it was for parts.

A lot of car theft could be prevented with a simple alarm. Your average stock Civic might not be worth getting pass the alarm. If you start putting expensive parts on it, then sure, it might be worth the trouble to steal.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

old school v8 muscle are all things I'm into but cost too much to upgrade. honda is cheap(er)
What?! Put 2k into a 350, and tell me it wont smash on a b with 2k in it. V8, cheaper and faster than Honda Haha.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dlo253
What?! Put 2k into a 350, and tell me it wont smash on a b with 2k in it. V8, cheaper and faster than Honda Haha.
Yeah it prob would. A 350ci is a close call for best bang/buck in any chassis but then gas mileage and practicality come into play. Drop a fairly mild one in a Foxbody stang and run 12's all day. Lotta people do those sbc/fox swaps. I've built a chevy small blocks and some LSx stuff, high boost 4g63T, ford sbc, ford modular, ford inline six and big diesel power a tiny bit. know about VW's but never wrenched on my own. all self taught as I go.

I'd really just like to be able to get my hands on a wornout B longblock and build it ground up slowly in my garage. cams, port, crank, pistons and then small amount of boost would be great. EG's had my attention for awhile but I think the teg has more refined looks and interior. I wish they were rwd as they have a long wheel base and look like they'd be killer drift cars. I like to drive my cars within their limits at times and fwd isn't your friend when it comes to tight yet controlled cornering...same with RSX, wish it was rwd... I know I know.. s2k. not for me.

I admire honda / acura but got that nagging feeling. 240's are going up in theft too I hear. and some vw stuff (red mk2 off the vortex)... hipsters stealing cars, who woulda thought.

Note - About the ECU, the guy with the ej6 Koupe said he pulled it everyday but they brought their own. Which means they stalked his car. Which means they are honda fans in general and are at shows and meets. Which to me means that the best car theives are into what they steal in their personal lives. They have to. How else can they know all the little intricacies to each model or whatever? Shitty, no other type of car scene has this issue to the same scale.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:41 AM
H-T White Ops

Yeah it prob would. A 350ci is a close call for best bang/buck in any chassis but then gas mileage and practicality come into play. Drop a fairly mild one in a Foxbody stang and run 12's all day. Lotta people do those sbc/fox swaps. I've built a chevy small blocks and some LSx stuff, high boost 4g63T, ford sbc, ford modular, ford inline six and big diesel power a tiny bit. know about VW's but never wrenched on my own. all self taught as I go.

I'd really just like to be able to get my hands on a wornout B longblock and build it ground up slowly in my garage. cams, port, crank, pistons and then small amount of boost would be great. EG's had my attention for awhile but I think the teg has more refined looks and interior. I wish they were rwd as they have a long wheel base and look like they'd be killer drift cars. I like to drive my cars within their limits at times and fwd isn't your friend when it comes to tight yet controlled cornering...same with RSX, wish it was rwd... I know I know.. s2k. not for me.

I admire honda / acura but got that nagging feeling. 240's are going up in theft too I hear. and some vw stuff (red mk2 off the vortex)... hipsters stealing cars, who woulda thought.

Note - About the ECU, the guy with the ej6 Koupe said he pulled it everyday but they brought their own. Which means they stalked his car. Which means they are honda fans in general and are at shows and meets. Which to me means that the best car theives are into what they steal in their personal lives. They have to. How else can they know all the little intricacies to each model or whatever? Shitty, no other type of car scene has this issue to the same scale.
I'm not an expert with ECUs yet, but my understanding is that you can limp multiple cars away on the same ECU. Doubtful they care if it runs well, as long as they can get it away.

Could have always been towed away too.

Btw, a lot of hipsters like Hondas too.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Feed them to the pigs
Old 11-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Exactly how i feel haha
Old 11-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm downgrading from turbo/awd DSM's for the time being and need a new daily.
lol. honda is an upgrade from dsm.. hondas dont break down every two miles.

man.. im glad i live in a city where car theft is rare.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by horsepowerless
man.. im glad i live in a city where car theft is rare.
Same. However, having to order every part and wait is kind of a PITA.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ProjectLSVTEG
Same. However, having to order every part and wait is kind of a PITA.
Doesn't bother me any. better have a car to slowly work on than easily build one and have it easily stolen too.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:47 AM
H-T White Ops

I've known lots of people who think nothing will happen to their car because it's a sedan or it's not a Honda or they live in a place with no car theft. Then their car goes missing or someone breaks in to take a radio.

All you need is a few meth heads and cars start getting broken into.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:39 PM
longest project ever

Originally Posted by lostforawhile
they will steal anything, someone over at three geez just got his 2nd gen accord stolen. It's not like those are high demand parts
it was found, crackheads were caught smoking in it, they stole a bunch of his interior plastic panels, and had other car interior panels in the trunk when it was found, now he has to find those really hard to find pieces over again

Quick Reply: South Sound thieves