Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

redline motorsports?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redline motorsports?

I found a shop in Spokane called redline motorsports. Anybody even heard of this place or even dealt with them?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: redline motorsports?

ive only heard of redline motorsports out in salem. weak tho.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ahhwhat?
ive only heard of redline motorsports out in salem. weak tho.
place out of salem was a joke... probably same for spokane, hard to find legit shops over here
Old 10-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a word of advice for anyone looking for a quality Import tuning shop.. Go to A SHOP that is KNOWN!!!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im in the army at ft.lewis but soon i will be getting out and going back home to spokane and just wasnt sure if that was a decent shop or not. right now i take my car to fastlane
Old 10-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

kaizen speed is probably the best shop on the eastside for imports
Old 10-17-2011, 03:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

from what i have heard and seen from my good friends experiences with redline I would never go there. I am talking about the salem one but im pretty sure its affiliated with the spokane one also. multiple people i know have had very bad experiences with redline. just what i have heard.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Kaizenspeed is only an hour from Spokane. Bring your car there.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What about Speedfactory?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

never heard of them. going to go check them out tomorrow to see if they can rebuild my buddies subaru sti shortblock. i've always went to cassel performance engines to do the machine work and assembly for my honda and toyota supra shortblocks. i also heard that o'neils engines does some quality work too. seems like nobody in spokane really wants to mess with these subaru boxer engines. and if they do, then they want to charge an arm and a leg for it.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vmoua509
never heard of them. going to go check them out tomorrow to see if they can rebuild my buddies subaru sti shortblock. i've always went to cassel performance engines to do the machine work and assembly for my honda and toyota supra shortblocks. i also heard that o'neils engines does some quality work too. seems like nobody in spokane really wants to mess with these subaru boxer engines. and if they do, then they want to charge an arm and a leg for it.
i would not trust any shop in spokane for boxster motor builds

oneils does awesome work on inline and v motors, buddy has a 12.5:1 ls/vtec build and oneil balanced and blueprinted it, safe to rev to 11k

tell your buddy to go to portland or seattle area, way better shops that actually know what they are doing when it comes to h4 motors
Old 02-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vmoua509
stm used to do some sub's but mostly vw's and audi's. last time i drove by there the sign was gone and it looked vacant. i can't think of any shops to refer you too. spokane needs one though, we have a track but no shops.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've seen their adds on craigslist but never been or even know of there where abouts. Lots of import shops don't last to long here. There's too many ricer here in town that don't know jack **** about tuning or they don't even know that you can tune a caR and most of the people are too cheap to be willing to pay the shop rates. Spokane is a pretty good size city with a very decent track. You would figure with all that, there would be atleast a shop for hondas but no just muscle and german caRs. A lot of the fast hondas here in town tune there own ****. Kaizanspeed or speedfactory is probably 2 of the best shops we have around Spokane but still have to drive out of town just for a tune.....
Old 02-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the only thing i dont do on my own is machine work and assemble the rotating assembly and tuning. i usually have the machine shop do that part of it to make sure that its within spec. after looking around at Redline Motorsports, we chose to have them do the disassembly and re-assembly of the block. my buddy is supplying all of the cosworth internals. and the tuning will be done in portland.

i agree. spokane needs a shop specifically for building performace import engines from acura's to toyota's. kaizenspeed and speedfactory are two well known shops in washington that can do it all from building to tuning. havent heard of stm for a long time so they are probably closed now. i've also heard of Sunwest Automotive Engines in Medical Lake but never tried them yet. oneils and cassel are the only two places in town that i would trust to do my machine work.

thanks for all of your inputs. i'll keep this post updated on the build. i know this build has nothing to do with honda/acura but its really the shops in spokane that we're talking about.

Last edited by vmoua509; 02-17-2012 at 09:59 PM.