Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Meets Protection

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meets Protection

Just a heads up for all you going to the big meets, last time i went with a friend that had a prelude last year a couple of guys followed us home and jacked the car. just a heads up. if i were you guys id go for a cruise after the meet to lose and loose ends
Old 09-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Meets Protection

i got my hatch jacked in china-town ! a week before the honda-tech spring meet
Old 09-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by iHEARTMYCiViC
i got my hatch jacked in china-town ! a week before the honda-tech spring meet
yea im going to the one at groits and then going for a cruise after ahah. i dont mind someone following me home, its their ***. my neighbor is a hella cool cop too ahahah. he said if he ever caught someone trying to steal or cars he would say they had a knife and let us beat the hell out of them. main reason being a couple of kids in a honda civic actually tried to steal his cop car and he hit one with a steel bat and he got sued.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good lookin out, i tend to avoid the bigger meets where i don't know a lot of the people, too many shady people out there.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just be smart-

If you see a car following you, don't drive home.

Get a concealed weapons permit to carry at all times.

Don't park in dumb places.
Problems solved.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or don't get a concealed permit and just carry a shotgun around. I bet that would help.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have to drive 100+miles to any meet, pretty hard to follow me that long and not notice
Old 09-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya most meets aren't in lynnwood, so I'm good on that. plus my wife always wants to go placed afterwards like the mall or something so I never end up driving home right away.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by chads
or don't get a concealed permit and just carry a shotgun around. I bet that would help.
supposedly thats illegal now my friend had his in his gun rack and we got pulled over. the cop said he wouldnt write hi up or anything cus he thinks its bullshit. i guess gun activists think its 'offensive' ahah
Old 09-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by chads
Then you have to leave the shotgun in your car when you park somewhere. So now they steal your car and shotgun.

Originally Posted by X01Michael
supposedly thats illegal now my friend had his in his gun rack and we got pulled over. the cop said he wouldnt write hi up or anything cus he thinks its bullshit. i guess gun activists think its 'offensive' ahah
It's not illegal just frowned upon You can open carry in Washington if you want, but you will get hassled.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by smileycvc
Then you have to leave the shotgun in your car when you park somewhere. So now they steal your car and shotgun.
Its cool having guns and all but my neighbors house got robbed last month and they jacked two of his AK47's that are registered under his name and his shotguns. Big weapons can be too much of a hassle.

Having my car jacked couple of times and always just watching my **** get sold around to other people on craigslist back and forth it sucks. What detectives have told me the only way to legally get your stuff back is good to have them marked with serial numbers or etched if they dont have any so then you can prove they are yours.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya i usually have to work right after the meet, so they would have to get on base to follow me!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well I always just try to have an alarm of some kind in any of my vehicles, than on top of that I live in a faily well lit condo complex where everyone is very aware of shady ****.
We've had people stuff jacked in the past, scooters and bikes mostly, but now all the owners are super on the look out for that stuff, and with so many people coming and going and different times of the night, it actually deters people from stealing where we are at
Old 09-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Evs-One
Just be smart-

If you see a car following you, don't drive home.

Get a concealed weapons permit to carry at all times.

Don't park in dumb places.
Problems solved.
+1 for concealed permit
Old 09-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they should result in cutting peoples hands off for stealing cars >.< haha
Old 09-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=Redemption;43603769]Its cool having guns and all but my neighbors house got robbed last month and they jacked two of his AK47's that are registered under his name and his shotguns. Big weapons can be too much of a hassle.

QUOTE]

Your neighbor is a moron for not having his guns properly locked up in a safe. Sorry, but it's not like you need a full arsenal out in the open unless you plan on being raded and want to fight back. Pistol in the night stand and a home defense 12ga behind your bedroom door is all you need unlocked.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=Evs-One;43653397]
Originally Posted by Redemption
Its cool having guns and all but my neighbors house got robbed last month and they jacked two of his AK47's that are registered under his name and his shotguns. Big weapons can be too much of a hassle.

QUOTE]

Your neighbor is a moron for not having his guns properly locked up in a safe. Sorry, but it's not like you need a full arsenal out in the open unless you plan on being raded and want to fight back. Pistol in the night stand and a home defense 12ga behind your bedroom door is all you need unlocked.
LOL...Picturing the scene in the movie American History X...lol...straight blasting fools!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Evs-One
Originally Posted by Redemption
I dont know them too well to know exact details, but I feel you on that one, all guns should be locked up in a safe with the exception of a hand gun next to you. I think if anything a safely guarded home, like flood lights, a well trained dog, an alarm system is just as good to keep thieves out. As for cars, be glad that its just your ride and its not like you lost your life. I have heard stories of people getting jumped and getting the sh*t beat out of them just for like $20bucks and their phone.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it's just a sign of the times. when the economy goes down, more people are out of work and you've got people with college degrees doing the only jobs that someone with a bad track record can get, those guys are usually kicked out on the curb. forced to do the only thing they were probably good at, steel ****.

just don't be dumb about it, protect your investment. get a decent alarm with an added kill switch for extra safety, park in well lit areas, and double check the area as your driving home and when you get home. and it doesn't hurt to be nice to your neighbors, I've personally seen first hand people walk right past something shaddy going on, and never say anything to the owner. **** I say stuff to complete strangers if I'm not 100% sure about a situation being legit or not. and I've actually saved someone from getting their car jacked cause I yelled at someone saying I was gonna call the cops if they didn't stop what they were doing. they ended up booking it to a parked car down the street.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the answer is Hollow Points. Once a few car thieves get gunned down, they'll def start to rethink their choices. just gotta make sure its self defense
Old 10-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi!

Just rig your car with C4 explosives.

If your car goes boom, at least it went to a good cause.

That'd be one less thief and hopefully no innocent bystanders.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nah that's not practical at all considering you loose your ride. What you do is call the cops, and while on the line with emergency response, that's when you yell at the theives. than regardless if they run at you or not, you say into the phone, "oh **** their coming toward us please hurry" or something along those lines, so it puts on record that they provoked the fight. than have your homies beat the **** out of them, that way it shows it was self defense. and if the theives try to say they were provoked who are they going to believe, the person on the phone dialing 911 who the people stealing the car?
Old 10-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

getting a tracking device would be sweet
Old 10-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

low jack, that's pretty much it.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

After my long drive from meets, I'm sure they'd loose interest.

Quick Reply: Meets Protection