Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

MARCH 22ND PORTLAND, OR Honda/Acura MEET! ALL CARS WELCOME!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MARCH 22ND PORTLAND, OR Honda/Acura MEET! ALL CARS WELCOME!

OREGON PEEPS. US 8THGEN.COM/CLUBRSX GUYS ARE GONNA BE DOING A MEET AND DRIVE ON 3/22/09. DETAILS ARE POSTED BELOW. ALL CARS ARE WELCOME!!!

Date: 03/22/09

Time: Meet at 12:30 P.M. at Sonic.

Place
Start: Sonic 7380 NE Butler St. Hillsboro, OR 97124
To: Cascade Station 9739 NE Cascades Pkwy, Portland Oregon
End: Sonic 7380 NE Butler St. Hillsboro, OR 97124

Hey whats up Oregon people I am planning a meet on Sunday the 22nd of March at 12:30. It will be a meet and a drive through Portland. The weather should be good on that day. If you have some bolt on parts bring them, we can put them on before the Seattle Honda-Tech meet. On this day we will be planning the Honda-Tech meet to see who is going and will be driving up with us for sure, too meet with the Washington crew. I am going to be working on a meet with the Washington crew, and doing some more looking around up there. It would be nice to have the full Oregon crew go up. HPDAKING (me lol) from the RSX crew thought of this idea for the meet.

DIRECTIONS LEAVING SONIC:

1) Leaving Sonic make a left onto NW Cornelius Pass Road.
2) Stay on NW Cornelius Pass Road, you are going to pass NW W Union Road before you get to German Town Road (GTR).
3) After you pass NW W Union Road, GTR will be the next MAIN road you can turn right on, turn right onto GTR.
4) Follow GTR all the way down to NW Bridge Ave. You are going to make a right here.
5) After you make a right on NW Bridge Ave., go down and make a left onto NW St. Johns Bridge.
6) After you get off the bridge, you will go straight to N Lombard St. and make a right onto N Lombard St.
7) Go ALL the way down Lombard. Lombard will turn into NE Killingsworth St, go straight down until you reach I-205, make sure you stay in the left lane to make a left onto I-205 N.
8) Once you get on the on-ramp to I-205 North do not change lanes, you will stay in the same lane and it will take you on the overpass to Airport Way West.
9) Still do not change lanes, as the lane you are in will take you directly to Cascade Station. You will take a 360 loop off of Airport Way West onto NE Mt. Hood Ave.
10) Go straight down to NE Cascades Parkway and make a left. Then you will make a 180 (a left and another left) around the first island and turn right into the parking lot behind Petco and BestBuy.

GOING BACK TO SONIC:
1)Exit parking lot and make a right at NE Mt. Hood Ave.
2) Make a right onto the on-ramp to Airport Way East at the light.
3) Take Airport Way East down to NE 122nd Ave.
4) Make a left onto NE 122nd Ave. and go straight until you get to NE Marine Drive.
5) Make a left on NE Marine Drive.
6) Drive all the way down Marine Drive. You will pass the I-5 overpass, it will now be North Marine Drive. Make a left onto N N Portland Road which will be the second light after you cross over I-5.
7) Go straight down N N Portland Road, which will turn into N Columbia Way.
8) Go all the way down until you reach N Smith Street. Turn right on N Smith Street and go all the way down to N Oswego Ave.
9) Turn left at N Oswego Ave. and go down until you hit N Lombard Road and make a right on N Lombard Road.
10) Go Down N Lombard Road and make a left at N Charleston Ave, if you miss this left then you can take a left at the next block N Johns Ave.
11) Make a right on N Ivanhoe St.
12) Go down and you will see N Philadelphia Street/St Johns Bridge and make a left onto the bridge.
13) Cross the bridge and then make a right onto NW Bridge Ave.
14) Go down a little bit and you will see the entrance up to GTR.
15) BACK TO SONIC!!!

ORIG THREADS
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=631382
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/west/...3-22-09-a.html

HOPE TO SEE SOME HONDA-TECH GUYS THERE!!! AND BRING ANY OF YOUR BUDDIES WITHOUT HONDA'S OR ACURA'S TOO!!!

RSVP to the meet so I can add you guys/gals to the list of people already going.

THANKS PEOPLE!!!

PEOPLE GOING SO FAR:
1. Madeline/HPOOPOO -8th Civic
2. REDDEVIL -8th Civic
3. ARLO03 -8th Civic
4. Forklift a mabey -8th Civic
5. Jfthro -CRSX
6. DANEP21 -CRSX
7. HPDAKING -CRSX
8. ROP -FA5
9. Matt360 -8th Civic
10. 503types -CRSX
11. 1337 -CRSX
12. OREO -8th Civic
13.chosen -8th Civic
14. Flores -CRSX
15. J-Z -MR2
16. RasHondasDriver 03' EP3 -HondaTech
17. FAIMIOUZI -HondaTech
18. low430 -HondaTech
19. RDNKGRL -HondaTech
20. Shadmaster -CRSX
21. JDMB16DA6 -HondaTech
22. 541lude -HondaTech
23. ZC DOHC CRX -HondaTech
24. TruJDMEG6 -HondaTech
25. k_boi_EF (and friends) -HondaTech
26. geezee562 -8th Civic
27. 2000em1- em1-honda tech
28. fellner- delsolb20
29. 87BMW325E- jfthro's buddy
30. Celica ST205- alltrac.net

Last edited by hpdaking; 03-13-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MARCH 22ND PORTLAND, OR Honda/Acura MEET! ALL CARS WELCOME!

Cornielus pass is way out there man.
We need to meet near I5 so all the salem eugene peeps dont have to go way out of their way.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well off of i-5 you can take 217 over here? take 217 to us26 and then take the tanasbourne exit i think i have to double check what exit number that is but it would be nice if you guys came up too!!! its just that sonic has a huge parking lot where everyone can meet at and then its in a good place to start because then you can drive through german town out to cascade station by the airport. hpoopoo on 8thgen is helping putting this together too, with a couple other guys from crsx and 8thgen civic. its a collaborative process :D
Old 03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hpdaking
well off of i-5 you can take 217 over here? take 217 to us26 and then take the tanasbourne exit i think i have to double check what exit number that is but it would be nice if you guys came up too!!! its just that sonic has a huge parking lot where everyone can meet at and then its in a good place to start because then you can drive through german town out to cascade station by the airport. hpoopoo on 8thgen is helping putting this together too, with a couple other guys from crsx and 8thgen civic. its a collaborative process :D
okay well Im not members there, But I am a member here on TI and 6thgenaccord so Ill repeat the issue that I stated earlier.
People from salem/vancouver etc already have to drive a long distance for a meet.

I understand you most likely live near hillsboro but it seems contradictory to the purpose of a big meet to hold it way out in tanasbourne. The last BIG meet We held right off 217 in downtown
beaverton and it worked because it was close in for the peeps driving up from salem and eugene.
I live in portland its not an issue with me.
But if you want to get a big meet going then lets plan something else or in addition.
The drive sounds fun I dont know how it would go down with 50 plus hondas leaving a meet though.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by low430
okay well Im not members there, But I am a member here on TI and 6thgenaccord so Ill repeat the issue that I stated earlier.
People from salem/vancouver etc already have to drive a long distance for a meet.

I understand you most likely live near hillsboro but it seems contradictory to the purpose of a big meet to hold it way out in tanasbourne. The last BIG meet We held right off 217 in downtown
beaverton and it worked because it was close in for the peeps driving up from salem and eugene.
I live in portland its not an issue with me.
But if you want to get a big meet going then lets plan something else or in addition.
The drive sounds fun I dont know how it would go down with 50 plus hondas leaving a meet though.
i actually live in portland too so i know how far out tanasbourne is...but i think a major part of the meet is the drive through german town...which is basically an open road, usually not too much traffic. sonic is placed at a location where its very convenient to access german town from...if you look at google maps you will see that from sonic you go down one road and you get to german town...HOWEVER!!! feel free to add to it or change the meet in any way!!! i think the meet should be formatted by everyone going to it..what works best for you? where? like throw out ideas that you think would be easier? ask other people and see what they think? i don't mind driving out to sonic and meeting up in their huge parking lot and driving down a street with 50 other hondas to german town...i think it would work for a couple reasons, 1 because its sunday, no one is working, less traffic and 2 german town has no lights except for two stop signs. and even after that the reason i wrote out the complete directions is so if certain groups of cars get seperated, you will still know what route to take. i think everyone has different opinions on what how and where to have the meet so feel free to throw out ideas, most definitely nothing is engraved in stone so yea. the meet will take place on march 22nd though that is for sure.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm trying to convince the wife right now. I have an '03 EP3. Ill see if I can round up some other honda heads from the Olympia, WA area. This also happens to be the day before my birthday.

I'm so glad for the search function on Honda-tech.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:07 PM

hey find out the address to sonic or where ever is gonna happen...so i can gps it count me in and im bring a couple honda heads with me....but yeah find out an address..
Old 03-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FAIMIOUZI
hey find out the address to sonic or where ever is gonna happen...so i can gps it count me in and im bring a couple honda heads with me....but yeah find out an address..
we are discussing the exact address, as of now its sonic but Im going to scout some new locations more I5 central
Old 03-04-2009, 08:50 AM

hey sonic sounds like a good place...but where ever is gonna be im down...just dont forget to post the exact address...
Old 03-04-2009, 11:24 PM

The address is:
7380 N.E. BUTLER STREET, HILLSBORO, OR 97124

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/locator/index.jsp?zip=98632

Plus if you notice it's at the top of the page too
Old 03-05-2009, 08:14 AM

alright bro. thanks soo is it happening for reals and how many people are going??
Old 03-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

we got about 8 si's and 6 rsx's or vise versa. and a few other non-honda scragglers
Old 03-05-2009, 10:46 AM

If I get my sedan up and running by then I'll be there. I moved from Beaverton a couple years ago and I'm needin some Sonic. Oh, and I'm a girl, not a bro, lol.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:50 AM

ight sis.. jk..but yeah..hopefully more people join..
Old 03-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm going for sure. '03 Civic Si
Old 03-05-2009, 04:03 PM

Yeah, if my honda isn't running by then I'll be driving the '87 4runner with a big sign in the back window saying "my other car is an ef" LOL
Old 03-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RasHondasDriver
I'm trying to convince the wife right now. I have an '03 EP3. Ill see if I can round up some other honda heads from the Olympia, WA area. This also happens to be the day before my birthday.

I'm so glad for the search function on Honda-tech.
Originally Posted by FAIMIOUZI
Originally Posted by low430
we are discussing the exact address, as of now its sonic but Im going to scout some new locations more I5 central
Originally Posted by arlo03
we got about 8 si's and 6 rsx's or vise versa. and a few other non-honda scragglers
Originally Posted by Rdnkgrl
If I get my sedan up and running by then I'll be there. I moved from Beaverton a couple years ago and I'm needin some Sonic. Oh, and I'm a girl, not a bro, lol.
Here is the list so far:
1. Madeline/HPOOPOO
2. REDDEVIL
3. ARLO03
4. Forklift a mabey
5. Jfthro RSX
6. DANEP21 RSX
7. HPDAKING RSX
8. ROP FA5
9. Matt360
10. 503types rsx
11. 1337 rsx
12. OREO
13.chosen
14. Flores rsx
15. J-Z MR2
16. RasHondasDriver 03' EP3
17. FAIMIOUZI
18. low430
19. RDNKGRL

and like ARLO03 said a couple non-honda scragglers and probably a bunch of people on the list friends too...and plus more people who rsvp in the next couple weeks
Old 03-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What time do you think you'll be back at SOnic's? Somehow these things always either fall on a Saturday that I work or on a Sunday (always work). I'm down to hang out before work if you guys are back at Sonic's at about 5pm.

-Brian
(red '91 DA)
Old 03-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDMB16DA6
What time do you think you'll be back at SOnic's? Somehow these things always either fall on a Saturday that I work or on a Sunday (always work). I'm down to hang out before work if you guys are back at Sonic's at about 5pm.

-Brian
(red '91 DA)
I personally think we should just keep the meet there,
Driving away then coming back is going to scatter the people.

Anyways I posted links on 6thgen accord
and Team-integra
Old 03-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Count me in.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

might be down if i dont work
Old 03-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just a heads up March 22nd is the first SCCA event at PIR. The first events are usually packed, so I'd bet most people are going to PIR instead.

Maybe you could move the 'meet' to PIR and enter the event!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:09 AM

yeah that makes sense to go to pir...
Old 03-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there is already people down to go to sonic so why go to pir? 40 or 50 people is a very nice meet and i have seen on ti and here that atleast 20 have already rsvp'd
Old 03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh i hope i dont work

Quick Reply: MARCH 22ND PORTLAND, OR Honda/Acura MEET! ALL CARS WELCOME!