Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Car Tunez Tacoma WA B&I

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Tunez Tacoma WA B&I

Hi,

I don't really want to flame them I'll just tell you my experience with them and you decided if you want to bring your car to them. Well I was in the market for a car alarm called around for prices. I decided on the Compustar Pro P2WSSR which is supposed to be one of the top of the line. Well I got quoted 750 installed I payed 775 installed.

Well here are my problems. When inquiring about the install I asked if they offered a some what stealth install. The person on the phone assured me that the brain of the alarm unit would be so far into the dash thiefs would have to have knowledge of alarm installs or go to a great deal to take it out. Well guess what the brain was put right next to my hood release latch. Which if I were a thief that would be the first place I would look. Second when I got the car home I triggered the alarm and got a bug up my *** so I decided to check it I could trigger it by hitting the car and opening the door without disarming. Guess what I did trigger it but all the alarm does is flash my lights no noise. Then the third strike Lol I'm missing some mounting garnish for my door panel I know its not a big deal to some. Last some of the wires going through the fire wall to the hood pin and siren are bare wires passed through a hole with no protection over them where they pass through the fire wall so that means wire on bare metal edge. From what I've read this isn't good because they have a high chance to be worn through and damaged. But I know first hand how expensive honda rapes people to buy these little parts.

Well this is my experience so far with Car Tunez on South Tacoma way. flame me for sharing I don't really care. As I said this is my experience just wanted to share. I'll go to them tomorrow and express my concerns and see what they do.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car Tunez Tacoma WA B&I

Wow dude sorry to hear that. But I can't say that I'm surprised. I been to the B&I and its pretty shady. But I guess you get what you paid for. Have you tried contacting the company? Did they give you a warranty or anything?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah B and I is kinda a shady place but if you go to compustar web site and look for authorized dealers. Car Tunez is whats call a pro dealer which I assume means that they are supposed to be good. That is what really sold me on trying them out even though they are located in the B&I. It's not like I went cheap on the alarm also 775 is really expensive for an alarm I think. But besides anything I went back to them a couple days ago they fixed the alarm. I went to honda and bought the garnish pieces I was missing $2.98 total. Also when I got home I took out my dash and relocated the alarm Yeah I could have complained and tried to get them to do it.. I guess now I have more piece of mind knowing how fckin far in my dash the alarm is and that a theif would have to take out my dash to get to the alarm.. All in all Car Tunez they are cool cats and if you go to them with concerns they wont blow you off they will try to resolve the issue.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

**** Cartunez. Their shop in South Hill is ridiculous too. They under quote and always overcharge, then do shoddy work.

I took my teg to Hitech in Kent and had a 2wssr-pro compustar w/remote start and the works installed and out the door for less than $450. legit people there and they're the first shop Ever to install Compustar.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by gargsta
**** Cartunez. Their shop in South Hill is ridiculous too. They under quote and always overcharge, then do shoddy work.

I took my teg to Hitech in Kent and had a 2wssr-pro compustar w/remote start and the works installed and out the door for less than $450. legit people there and they're the first shop Ever to install Compustar.
glad I saw this.. was just about to spend some money at there puyallup location.. thanks
Old 11-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude you guys are full of **** car tunes is the only car stero shop worthly of getting anything at. there the best at installing alarms and have warrentes. trust me ive had at least 4 alarms done buy these guys best prices around.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh ****, they have warrentes? Sounds like everyone should be going there
Old 11-10-2009, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by tazeat
Oh ****, they have warrentes? Sounds like everyone should be going there
haha that smilie is funnnny