Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Bham love?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bham love?

Just moved out here like 2 weeks ago with a couple friends.. i havent seen **** besides 2020s type-r and some nsx-s on the interstate...

Where is all the honda love? Never see anyone cruisin or anything its sad.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bham love?

ill be there once school starts up again. i have an 05 type s
Old 08-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There's a lot of cars in Bellingham...I lived there for 5 years or so. Good people still up there.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I second that there are quite a few nice cars up there, I dont live up there but am in the area a few times a month.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

visited the western campus up there once few cool cars roaming around. lots of subies
Old 08-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ya ive seen a few nicer cars, and ya alot of wrexs, but seems like theres no fri night meets like there should be. Driving around here past 9 is a dam ghost town. See the occasional half *** civic or da, but nothing too serious, and definetly no parking lots filled with any hondas...

Moved out here from Eastern Washington to finish up my mechanical engineering degree, and i thought the scene was gonna be somewhat similar to seattle. Idk maybe i just don't know where to look, but my nights on the street have been mad boring...
Old 08-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just moved to Bellingham last month to attend WWU this coming up quarter. There are a pretty good amount of clean cars here it's just hard to catch them. Mfactory has a shop here and there is always crazy stuff there.

The weekends aren't much for cruising here, it is a college town after all and most of the action is downtown near railroad and the surrounding areas in which we're busy drinking at the bars or walking aimlessly finding our way home haha. Many saturdays there are a large group of cars who cruise and meet up at the bay though.

I have a green gsr with gold advans you may have seen it, but am picking up a blue k20 eg tomorrow so you might see me around in that.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yummmm eg k20 hatch... Been tryin to tell a friend to total his type-s so we can build a k20 track car.. still havent succeeded haha.

I dont have my ej over here yet still back home, but if you've seen a black on black gsr with type-r front end or black da on red rotas ive prolly been in the car, dudes a homie that moved out here same time as me...

Sucks to be confirmed no tuners do the parking lot thing out here, nothing to do while school hasnt started, was hoping to network with some like minded people... Basically been playin pong with the same 5 peeps i know here or sittin on the dam couch

Also i heard some cars meet up at the bellweather on the bay, havent seen anyone yet tho maybe bad timing on my part.

Didnt know there was a MFactory shop out here wheres that located?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's at a place called Agile Concepts i believe. They are a dealer of Mfactory jazz.

Ya the bellweather used to get crazy packed sometimes with people all over Whatcom County. I haven't been down there in a while. Thursday nights are pretty much the craziest nights of the week downtown because most students don't have classes on Friday unless their a business major. You should cruise through downtown around 10 or 11. The skyline guys come down from Canada randomly as well as J's Racing dudes from Vancouver
Old 08-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's a link to the shop's current build
https://honda-tech.com/forums/appearance-build-threads-122/official-mfactory-agile-concepts-h1-car-build-2261917/
Old 08-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds good ill def be out tonight look for the black on black gsr with type-r front flash me down if ya see us!

Also heard from some chick at Olive Garden down at the south end of cornwall there is some parking lot that peeps been meeting at since bellweather is a no go now...

On a new note what are the options for sanctioned autox/club racing over here?
Old 08-28-2009, 05:52 AM
FSAE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been in Bellingham for 3 years now.

There are a number of nice cars here, you just wont find them ‘cruising the streets’ so-to-speak, the roads are just too crappy. I will drive the R down Chuckanut or out through Sudden Valley/Blue Canyon on occasion, but I definitely don’t drive her as often as I would like to.

Blaine is hosting a few autocrosses this summer, so you will find some enthusiasts/drivers there.

If you want to find some nicer cars, or get a chance to work on some cool stuff, check out WWU’s Formula SAE team. I was the engine/drivetrain captain for the team until I graduated last year. I highly suggest getting involved if you are a student.

www.wwufsae.com
Old 08-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm more info on blaine would be awesome i plan on bringing my ej over once i can consolidate enough cash to finish the project and i'd definetly be interested in working on my driving in autocross.

And indeed bro, im transferring next year to uw and plan on joining the fsae team there! Where you working now with fsae experience?
Old 08-28-2009, 12:23 PM
FSAE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UW FSAE will be fun. They have always had a quick car - but the last two years WWU has edged them out

It looks like the season was very short:
http://www.chuckanutscc.org/autocross

There are always AutoX events @ Bremerton with BMW and Porsche club. Usually two to three each month.

I have been working at Janicki Industries in Sedro-Woolley as a Composites Engineer (& in Quality Assurance) - Mainly involved in Military and Aerospace projects. It is pretty cool stuff. 37% of the company is WWU graduates, so there is a strong alumni presence, which makes job placement much less strenuous.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

i have a few buddies down there that go to western. I know theres some pretty clean 240's driving around there. Nothing much to do down there besides go to canada!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No cash for passports dam school! If anyone is intersted in kickin in hit me up maybe cruise and pong it after the fact...