Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

the aftermath of stolen car

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the aftermath of stolen car

post pics of your car after geting it back
and any hints/tips to who or how /were it was stolen from to help other keep there car
Old 09-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: the aftermath of stolen car

lol

edit... you can search the security and ITR forums and find way more info than you will ever know what to do with...
Old 09-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There's tons of stuff you can do, here's a few things I've heard of doing:

Fuel pump relay relocation/removal
Wiring a second key into your ignition circuit (i.e. under the dash)
Hidden switch wired into the main +12V circuit
Removable steering wheel
Remove the ECU

You could go as far as to anchor some huge *** eye bolts into your driveway and chain the car to them!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

all those are easily bypassed. but a good start.

the chained to the driveway as always been a favorite of mine
Old 09-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here is one. get a jumper harness and relocate certain pins on the main harness and then repin the jumper to match. Then take the jumper out whenever you leave. would be impossible to figure out unless you had the harness.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In reality, anything can be bypassed with the right tools, parts and know-how. If someone is really determined to steal a car, they'll steal it.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They can always just push the car further down the block and take what they can. Thats what they did to my car.

It might also be when you dont expect it like at a gas station. Thats what happened to one of my friends, in the middle of a day at a busy gas station in Seattle.

Also Jiffy Lube, I am surprised no one ever did it, but would have been easy and almost perfect. When I worked there we would pull the car forward and leave the keys in the ignition and if it was a nice day we would leave the door open. Anybody could just jump in and drive off.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like ppl got the info part, but posting the pics of the aftermath I dont think ppl understood! lol
Old 09-14-2011, 03:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you know what i found the best way to keep my car from getting stolen..... parking it in my garge, only stay out long enough to wash it, dry it, wax it, vacum it, then guess were it goes??????
Old 09-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's bullshit.

My neighbor had an audi something rather and in the morning his car was on cinder blocks and the wheels were gone.. I was like "HOLY ****" I thought that crap only happened in the movies... it actually took me about 15 seconds to realize the wheels were gone.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Gresham, OR. Poor car security. Sparkly ITR black paint, 4x114, and EK4 seats.

Before:

After:
Old 09-25-2011, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by likwidchz
That's bullshit.

My neighbor had an audi something rather and in the morning his car was on cinder blocks and the wheels were gone.. I was like "HOLY ****" I thought that crap only happened in the movies... it actually took me about 15 seconds to realize the wheels were gone.
He only got his rims jacked though! If it was a Honda the whoel damn car would be gone. They are to damn easy to steal. Doesnt keep me from owning and buildin them :-) I just lock it in the Garage every night!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

P.S. DAMN THIEVES>.. That was a clean Hatch! Im packin at my crib so I would luv to see some punk try and touch my s**t..
Old 09-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Funny thing about getting your car jacked is that you finally don't gotta constantly worry about it anymore, and it led me to my current car.

I had Si doors (so power windows/locks) and a JDM B16A too. Only got 4k back from full-coverage, which I guess is "good" but obviously not in my eyes.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hagerty insurance. You pay on a value you put your car at. Guaranteed to be covered for that amount. I think I pay $55 or so/month for my car and I am guaranteed $15K if my car is deemed totalled.

I dont have the towing on the plan, because with my job I have AAA in case I need a tow.

Its overkill, yes, but to pay a shop to rebuild my car or replicate it (not that I would), I would be looking at at least $15K with labor.

And although I live in Montana where car theft is VERY low I still take precaution and have layers on my car. Whenever I drive it, I don't leave it unattended. Living in Washington has me more than paranoid about it getting stolen/hit/vandalized.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah there were a lot of things that I didn't know about at the time. I'm with my parents' insurance (due to a BS driving issue) and at the time I figured "full coverage" would pretty much "cover" everything. I didn't have a kill switch or quick-release or anything other than an alarm. I didn't hear much about theft-related issues until my car was gone, then it seemed to be happening left and right.

But like many people, it's just kinda one of those things where you just think "oh it'll never happen to me." That's why I went with a G35 for my next car over an S2000.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll admit, when I was out there I sold my DA just because I was afraid it was going to get stolen. The guys I sold it to flipped it (because I sold it so cheap) and sure enough the new owner had it stolen from him like a week after buying it.

I bought an Audi A4 for the simple reason they were hard to steal. Hated the car and it cost me alot of $ in repairs, but at least I could park it and not be paranoid about it missing when I came back. I loved that car two days I owned it - the day I bought it and the day I sold it.

Fortunately now I'm at a point financially I can afford to have more than 1 vehicle and have actually been looking at another for a daily (seeing as how my Civic is rarely driven and my F350 is my work truck/DD - but with a kid on the way I don't want to have to unload my truck to haul around the baby). I've been thinking TL, or possibly a Honda/Acura SUV, but thats still a few months off.

Anyways, my best advice is do everything you can to prevent it happening. My car is locked in my garage, with layers of security and on top of that I remove the ECU every time I get out of the car. Its probably overkill, but I would rather not take chances.

As has been said before though, if someone wants your car badly enough they will steal it no matter what you do, or they'll at least attempt to. Pretty sad really.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ Definitely. All there is to do is to do what you can. Go overboard if you want, so long as it helps you feel more at ease. If your car ever does get stolen, at least you'll know you did everything in your ability to prevent it.

I hated myself for not having at least a quick-release with a lock and a kill switch hidden somewhere. Starter kill wasn't enough.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea currently my accords Insurance is worth up to 25K as long as I proved I bought all the parts by showing receipts!! Which I have thankfully!!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cool man.