Notices

FS: 1997 Civic HX Transmission & Speakers & P72 ECU

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1997 Civic HX Parts / 1991 CRX Si Parts

I have for sale the 1997 Civic HX Transmission that was pulled out of a Civic that I crashed last year. I was planning on putting it into my new Civic which doesn't shift as nice as this one does, but I never actually got around to it.

Tranny had 194k on it, but shifted really really smooth as the previous owner took really good care of the car from the day she bought it (Really makes me wish I hadn't crashed it...)

Use it to swap that nasty CVT out of your HX today, you can even have the shift linkage.

$350 takes it.

Next I've got the stock stereo system from an EX. Don't have the tweeters anymore. There's nothing wrong with the speakers and they're in great condition.

$50 and they're yours. Great if you just need some simple speakers in your car - I was actually kind of surprised how good they sound for paper.

Lastly - I've got a virgin P72 U8 ECU. Was going to use it for my swap in my CRX, but decided for a chipped P28 instead.

$50.

Exhaust manifold off of wrecked 1997 Civic HX - will need one O2 sensor replaced and has a small hairline crack inbetween piston 2&3 piping.
$75

1991 CRX Si Exhaust manifold - $50 - SOLD
1991 CRX Si Axles - $50 for both
1991 CRX Si Shift linkage/stabilizer bar - $25
1997 Civic HX Distributor / Dizzy (It leaks a small amount of oil, would be perfect for a seal replacement, I tried to do it myself but it didn't work) - $30

1997 Civic HX Brake Calipers - $FREE

1991 CRX Si AC Condenser/compressor/fan and piping. Was working great and blowing super cold when I took it out. It has also had the fittings changed to R134a - $100

1997 Civic HX AC Compresor - $50
1997 Civic HX Alternator - $50

Make me offers, I'm more than willing to work with people on pricing. I mainly want to get rid of it.

Last but not least a 1997 Civic HX block/head. The block had 197k on it when I crashed the last car and the head is from a junkyard Civic HX from the same year that had about 207k on it. The head and block are not put together and aren't exactly in great shape as it was involved in an accident. Assume it's not running and just for parts - $150

Last edited by tastypotato; 05-17-2013 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Added more stuff!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FS: 1997 Civic HX Transmission & Speakers & P72 ECU

Hi, I am interested in the transmission. Can you tell me how long it had been sitting after you pulled it? Was it stored with or without fluid? Also, how is the input shaft bearing -- new or original?

Thanks,
-Ernie
Old 05-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll have to check when I get home - but I'm pretty sure we drained the fluids out of the engine/tranny when we pulled them. Wouldn't have made sense to carry all of that extra weight around. As for time, it's been sitting out for a year and a month or so, which is why I think it has that white buildup around the inside of the bell housing.

I have no idea about the ISB, but I can't remember there being any bearing noise back when I was driving the car. The lady before me had the car regularly serviced, but I don't remember anything in the paperwork saying it was replaced so I'm going to have to say it's the original.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cool. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
I'm sorry but I'll have to pass...good luck with the sale!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eandrade
Cool. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
I'm sorry but I'll have to pass...good luck with the sale!
No problem - subscribing to threads with email alerts is key.

Also, is there a problem with leaving the fluid out of a transmission for an extended period of time vs leaving fluid in?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Opinions vary, but I prefer to leave the oil in so that the seals don't dry out. Especially if it's been sitting so long. I think it's just me being more paranoid than anything but I also worry about the internals possibly getting oxidized.

I'm looking for a spare to replace my HX transmission that's on its way out (has the death rattle in 1st - 3rd gears)...I might just end up cracking the case and seeing if it's a simple bearing replacement job.

-Ernie
Old 05-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eandrade
Opinions vary, but I prefer to leave the oil in so that the seals don't dry out. Especially if it's been sitting so long. I think it's just me being more paranoid than anything but I also worry about the internals possibly getting oxidized.

I'm looking for a spare to replace my HX transmission that's on its way out (has the death rattle in 1st - 3rd gears)...I might just end up cracking the case and seeing if it's a simple bearing replacement job.

-Ernie
Hm, interesting thought. You may have a point - I'll be sure to double check tomorrow morning if there's still fluid in it and update the original post.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Added tons of more stuff! Got to go! Make offers if you want - worst I can say is no.

Also, I checked the transmission this afternoon and it spins easily and it has a little bit of fluid in it, but not a whole lot. Supposedly some spilled out when we took it off.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Everything is still here - make me an offer.