Notices
Northern California North of Fresno

HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court

So I took RedZone to court few weeks ago. Here’s a general explanation of what I happened and what I told the court

My transmission was grinding and so took it to RedZone. Put down 3 bills cash for a full inspection and rebuild if necessary. Got a phone call that everything was good, gears and syncros checked and there was no damage. Got my tranny and 80 bucks back, was informed I used the wrong gear weight. So I installed the tranny back on with Honda MTF it still grinds WTF!? Talked to them and they wanted more money to fix it, there wasn't even a discount. So I walked away

Here’s the kicker when the tranny was installed I notice a difference in the shifter and didn't think much of it until it BROKE DOWN on me on the freeway. And the cause?? UN-TORQUED SCREWS!! No way would they have back out if they were torqued

And the damage

I couldn’t believe it, they were supposed to be one of the best shops in norcal. If that's the quality of their work I’ll hate to see the worst shops. I wasn't going to take it back to get screwed again plus I live over an hour away. I decided to buy omniman's dvd and fix it myself and look what else I found.

Why that looks like a damaged syncros collar! But wait didn't they did a FULL syncros and gears inspection? hmmmmm..............

In all i'm in the hole a lil under 7 bills, asked RedZone to do something about and they offered me my refund of 220 for the tranny inspection and 80 bucks for my trouble. hmmmm.........something doesn't add up

that's one of the the reason I took them to court, the other is that for a point in time we did come to an agreement which RedZone did not follow through with, they had more and 3 months to follow through. i didn't know if i was gonna get anything back, court was my only chance.

ADD even more shittier, I got the decision of the court a few days ago and I LOST?!!?! WTF!?!? The only reason I think I lost was because of the stupid retard "representative" judge. He wanted proof that the damage to the syncros was there in the first place, so i guess i was suppose to open the tranny, take it apart, take pics of the syncros, put everything back, then take it to RedZone for them to do the same and hope they missed it, open it all back up and take an after pic, all in order to take them to court. Makes perfect sense. Im guessing the fact that, why would anyone drop 3 bills, cash, to inspect a perfectly healthy tranny doesn't mean anything. He also started tripping when I told him that I fixed the tranny myself. So learning how to fix a tranny after an incident like this is a big red flag; beware you cant learn or you'll screw yourself.

But the point of this thread was to let YOU GUYS decided what’s right, and if you want to do business with RedZone

EDIT

-tranny was grinding, took "it", not car but tranny, to shop, why about 2-3 bills less
-got tranny back, was told nothing found
-as soon as tranny was back on still grinds and contacted them
-they wanted to replace the syncros and still charge me full price, so 220 wasted for nothing! walked away, seemed like a scam
-few weeks later tranny seized
-why didn't i take it back, i dunno maybe during that time i thought they were gonna screw me again
-after it seized it was sitting for a long time, this is where that 30 days crap comes in later in the thread, i was still working when my car seized, it was how the judge worded the question
-researched and order omniman's dvd, takes time
-tranny was finally fix, then original thread was made, then redzone found out tranny borke
-redzone had about 3 months to send the 3 bills we orginally agreed on, but did not, so i took them to court, that's were i "insisted" to go to court, no **** i want my money

***so i just talked to someone that has also seen trannys not torqued to spec from RedZone before

Modified by HmgLauj69 at 12:49 PM 3/15/2008

Modified by HmgLauj69 at 1:34 PM 3/16/2008

Modified by HmgLauj69 at 2:06 PM 3/17/2008
Old 03-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court (HmgLauj69)

redzone screw my friend motor and blew it at the dyno.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court (Eklsv-t)

i have only had good experiences with redzone(especially when dealing with jeremy directly-hes a cool guy).

How do you know the screws were un-torqued?

Then you also said that the judge "started tripping when I told him I fix the tranny myself."....when/why did you try to fix the tranny yourself?

just trying to figure out whats really up with the situation
Old 03-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court (Stefndogg)

it's in the post

"I couldn’t believe it, they were supposed to be one of the best shops in norcal. If that's the quality of their work I’ll hate to see the worst shops. I wasn't going to take it back to get screwed again plus I live over an hour away. I decided to buy omniman's dvd and fix it myself and look what else I found."

the statement, they were un-torqued, is from reasoning. when i opened the tranny there were bolts that i can unscrew with my hands. there were TWO people working on the tranny. plus it was only a few weeks of having my tranny inspected that it broke.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I been Redzone customer since 2003 as far as I can trace back... from building my 2.0 liter gsr motor to working with my turbo setup, tuning all my cars, swapping my gf jdm h22 swap, my friends built type R motor, poor mans r setup, gsr block with forged piston and rods, tune my car whenever it was needed, list goes on....

they been a very helpful tuner shop and have lots of knowledgeable experience.

Steph (JDM_Risa's gf): RZ did my JDM H22 swap back in 2004 and the car still runs today without any issues. For the past 4 years, all I have ever had to do for my car was the usual maintenances. They even worked on my car on a Sunday (RZ is not even open on Sundays) just so I could have my car back for school. I think there needs to be a level of communication between customers and and shops to get the order right. - That's what they gave me.

I see where the issue could be as far as your particular "beef" with RZ, anyone would feel that way if they paid money for the work and were unsatisfied. However, I see where the judge would not rule in your favor just because you work on your own car and have no other verifiable sources (pictures) or documents (receipts, work orders) to further prove that RZ is the only culprit of your car's down time. I don't understand why you wanted to complain further when they offered you a full refund and an additional "for the troubles" fee in lieu of your cooperation. In my opinion, you should have taken the out-of-court settlement and called it a day

P.s. I <3 Waynie!

Modified by JDM_Risa at 2:19 PM 3/14/2008

Modified by JDM_Risa at 2:21 PM 3/14/2008
Old 03-14-2008, 01:04 PM

Default Re: HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court (JDM_Risa)

Thats weak! Who would you guys recomend to do tuning, if not redzone?
Old 03-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court (Alchemist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alchemist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats weak! Who would you guys recomend to do tuning, if not redzone?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Jeremy @redzone is a good tuner...i have had a bunch of friends get their car tuned there with no problems...i wouldnt discount them due to this guys experience(although i hope they come to a agreement so this dude can get his tranny fixed)...theres a couple other tuners in the bay just look at the thread sticked at the top of the norcal marketplace forum
Old 03-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_Risa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I been Redzone customer since 2003 as far as I can trace back... from building my 2.0 liter gsr motor to working with my turbo setup, tuning all my cars, swapping my gf jdm h22 swap, my friends built type R motor, poor mans r setup, gsr block with forged piston and rods, tune my car whenever it was needed, list goes on....

they been a very helpful tuner shop and have lots of knowledgeable experience. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yup that's exactly what i heard about them, that's why i went that far in the first place. but look how my situation turned out. learned my lesson, should have gone with my initial instincts when I was looking around checking out their shop.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:23 PM

damn that sucks
Old 03-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court (n1_kT)

REDZONE STILL GETS MY

Theres always gonna be that one person that gonna try to mess up redzone rep and trust me it aint gonna be you.

You lost in court for a reason and it wasn't redzone fault so just keep it that way..
Old 03-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eklsv-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">redzone screw my friend motor and blew it at the dyno.</TD></TR></TABLE>

before u start accusing redzone..y dont u learn how to drive. cant even break in 13's with your lsvtec and u start saying u need to go back to boost cause u cant break 12's...haha you are so pathetic
Old 03-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court (LSVTEC408)

All im trying to do is present everything that happened to me to other people. they can decided what they want to do with it.

what's the reason why do you think i lost? and why you think it's not RedZone's mistake?
Old 03-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmmmm........

I was expecting this when I got the letter in the mail.

Every story has two sides. Both were told in court and the juidge ruled. There had to be a reason why the judged ruled the way he did.

I was more then willing to help fix your situation before you decided to take it to court. I would have fixed it for free even if it wasn't our fault, if you were more willing to communicate.

As for

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eklsv-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">redzone screw my friend motor and blew it at the dyno.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who, what, where, when, and why are the questions I have.

We have dynoed and tuned over 500+ different cars and setups.

Define blow up.....

we have had custmers make us push engines beyond what we would recommend and the customer insists on doing this with the knowalage of our opinion and have engine failure of some kind.

We can not control what the customer wants to do when it comes to tuning. If a customer wants to push the engine beyond what we feel is safe and has been told that something could happen, then that customer is responsable for it. We will not tune and engine beyond what we think is unreliable without the customers consent.

as far as this thread goes.......

Thank you.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:41 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court (n1_kT)

wow, i've known the guys at redzone for a while and i've seen their work up close, it has all been great and nothing short of awsome quality. i'm not sure how come your transmission didn't work out

well you can't really blame redzone, they were just dynoing it, it was either gonna blow on the dyno or on the streets, be grateful your friends motor didn't blow on the highway and causing him to cause a major wreck or something
Old 03-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court (RedZone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedZone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

we have had custmers make us push engines beyond what we would recommend and the customer insists on doing this with the knowalage of our opinion and have engine failure of some kind.

We can not control what the customer wants to do when it comes to tuning. If a customer wants to push the engine beyond what we feel is safe and has been told that something could happen, then that customer is responsable for it. We will not tune and engine beyond what we think is unreliable without the customers consent.

as far as this thread goes.......

Thank you.</TD></TR></TABLE>
truth.
I think what most people dont realize is that running a successful shop is walking a fine line between dealing with people who know what they want and respect what can be done within reason, and people who come in expecting miracles and get mad when they dont get what they want...props for redzone for coming to the table on this issue...i hope everything gets resolved

Old 03-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedZone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I was more then willing to help fix your situation before you decided to take it to court. I would have fixed it for free even if it wasn't our fault, if you were more willing to communicate. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so tell me again how you were going to help me from my lost of 700 dollars? you saw the receipts didn't you? and please do share your side of the story
Old 03-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HmgLauj69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so tell me again how you were going to help me from my lost of 700 dollars? you saw the receipts didn't you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well the windshield was not my problem......- didn't force you to drive behind semitrucks on the freeway. I would have called AAA or a tow truck and towed the car home.

We would have fixed the trans for free if you brought it back, thus you not having to pay the amount you did. Regardless of fault, It would have all been taken care of.

You insisted on going to court.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well the windshield was not my problem......- didn't force you to drive behind semitrucks on the freeway. I would have called AAA or a tow truck and towed the car home.

We would have fixed the trans for free if you brought it back, thus you not having to pay the amount you did. Regardless of fault, It would have all been taken care of.

You insisted on going to court.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so you dont think being stuck in 3rd gear would have limited my speed limit? tell me why i was stuck in 3rd gear again? does everyone have AAA? would you have paid for my tow fee? and which do you think would cost more? you weren't going to charge me for all the replacement parts? when i took you to court did i charge you for my time fixing the tranny plus parts or just parts? and tell me if this sounds reasonable,

a shops overlooks a damaged part and causes damages to other parts. sure i'll drive another 2+ hours to and back from the the same shop for more work.

Modified by HmgLauj69 at 3:23 PM 3/14/2008

Modified by HmgLauj69 at 3:24 PM 3/14/2008
Old 03-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HmgLauj69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so tell me again how you were going to help me from my lost of 700 dollars? you saw the receipts didn't you? and please do share your side of the story</TD></TR></TABLE>

Steph (JDM_Risa's gf): So to the amazement of your story, all of the causes amounted up to $700? Please, stop being a golddigger and trying to make a buck off of RZ.

If you sincerely cared about your car, you would've found a way to work it out with RZ to come to a compromise to fix your car, not worry about the money. And from what Jeremy says, he would've had the situation be free of cost for your time and money already spent. Greed doesn't pay.

And if you think RZ is trying to scam you, you're very misinformed. My bf and I have dropped THOUSANDS of dollars on our rides and we do it in full faith of RZ. And we're only 2 people... Think about the hundreds if not thousands of other customers who drop even more than that and walk away satisfied. For you to whine about $300 is really sad and for you to try to make more money by getting them to court is just pathetic.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_Risa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Steph (JDM_Risa's gf): So to the amazement of your story, all of the causes amounted up to $700? Please, stop being a golddigger and trying to make a buck off of RZ.

If you sincerely cared about your car, you would've found a way to work it out with RZ to come to a compromise to fix your car, not worry about the money. And from what Jeremy says, he would've had the situation be free of cost for your time and money already spent. Greed doesn't pay.

And if you think RZ is trying to scam you, you're very misinformed. My bf and I have dropped THOUSANDS of dollars on our rides and we do it in full faith of RZ. And we're only 2 people... Think about the hundreds if not thousands of other customers who drop even more than that and walk away satisfied. For you to whine about $300 is really sad and for you to try to make more money by getting them to court is just pathetic. </TD></TR></TABLE>

for your information, jeremy saw the receipts. and 300 is a lot of money to people other than you.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for your information, jeremy saw the receipts. and 300 is a lot of money to people other than you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well if $300 is a lot for you then working or building on honda's shouldn't be your thing!

maybe you should stick to bicycles and skateboards.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've only had good experiences with redzone, sucks about your situation but sometimes, **** happens. i cant help but notice it seems like you brought it upon yourself
Old 03-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court (Heylookits shawn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Heylookits shawn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've only had good experiences with redzone, sucks about your situation but sometimes, **** happens. i cant help but notice it seems like you brought it upon yourself</TD></TR></TABLE>

how is this my fault?
Old 03-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court (LSVTEC408)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSVTEC408 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well if $300 is a lot for you then working or building on honda's shouldn't be your thing!

maybe you should stick to bicycles and skateboards. </TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe you should take your rude f*** **** comments somewhere else
Old 03-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You insisted on going to court.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so you dont think being stuck in 3rd gear would have limited my speed limit? tell me why i was stuck in 3rd gear again? does everyone have AAA? would you have paid for my tow fee? and which do you think would cost more? you weren't going to charge me for all the replacement parts? when i took you to court did i charge you for my time fixing the tranny plus parts or just parts? and tell me if this sounds reasonable,

a shops overlooks a damaged part and causes damages to other parts. sure i'll drive another 2+ hours to and back from the the same shop for more work.

Modified by HmgLauj69 at 3:23 PM 3/14/2008

Modified by HmgLauj69 at 3:24 PM 3/14/2008

Quick Reply: HmgLauj69 VS RedZone at Fremont Court