Northern California North of Fresno

African American Networks !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default African American Networks !!!

My reason
When I attend Honda Meets in different city across so-cal I always come across the same thing! The absence of African American network within this large community of J.D.M lovers! I know that we exist in the worldwide love because I see us as I drive the street of Los Angeles! But where is our networking? I have decided to change this void! Some will say “ You’re just trying to create separation!” but I say, “I’m just trying to bring a source of networking among African American individuals who love this sport!” This movement is not something to be taken in a negative way and I welcome anyone who wants to be apart! I just want the African American individuals to come together and network.
This is my Statement!
Byron Dozier a.k.a Big_Ek
Old 06-20-2010, 10:34 PM
So what I drive a Volvo

Default Re: African American Networks !!!

Cool man so what steps are you taking to make this happen?
Old 06-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A couple of things , i have a web site going. if you hit me on a provate message ill give it to you, kinda got in trouble aready cause they thought i was trying to get people to my site. Im trying to attend the big meets and just introduce myself to african community! but im just trying to grass root this thing and get things going.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you trying to network with the norcal area since youre posting in the norcal section? Because the fact of the matter is, is that there arent THAT many blacks who are into the import scene. Granted that there are some, its just not as many as you seem to want. And I don't mean to sound like an A-hole but why are you trying to network african americans? Are you just trying to create a connection with blacks? Because if they wanted to, than they would. You see a connection here with everyone else only because there are so many other races that are into it, but there are still TONS of people out there that arent on any network at all, black or not. The only reason you dont see a network with african americans is because there are so few, and even IF there are alot of them online, its not like theyre gonna point out that theyre black. If you're into the import scene than so be it, we're already a subculture as it is, you're just specifying it further down. Just my $.02, but good like with your goal here.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I could be wrong,but it seems like BIG EK is not really trying to promote seperation but possibly education? Being african american and into imports or what not is kind of a shock to people.They always assume I am something else and when we meet up for parts or what not,they are usually shocked at what they see.I personally enjoying meeting everyone,but it would be cool to meet the rare breed of african-americans out there.Its interesting as to how they became interested in imports because growing up for most is all about muscle cars,at least from my experience and my growing up.But yeah,keep me posted as to what your looking to achieve and what youve done so far,id like to check it out.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you from socal? cuz up here i see quite a few and am pretty used to it
Old 06-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

MugenEH3,if your talking to me im from norcal.From the daly city area,sometimes out in vallejo.Theres not many black people to begin with in daly city.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

o ok i gotcha
Old 06-21-2010, 11:43 PM
So what I drive a Volvo

Originally Posted by 1EK1EG
MugenEH3,if your talking to me im from norcal.From the daly city area,sometimes out in vallejo.Theres not many black people to begin with in daly city.
ROFL, yeah whenever i go visit my boys in DC im usually the only balck dude for miles, but im cool with that, hell I have more Asian friends than I can count and the funny thing is my Girl is Lao and has more black friends than she can count. wierd how its reversed

Big EK I think where you are going with this can be a good thing because 1. You dont see alot of us into the import scene and it can kind of be a thing of recruitment. Honeslty it depends on where you live too. I grew up on the east coast NY, Philly, VA. I didnt get into imports and joined the military in 97 and got stationed in Oklahoma and Texas and met most of my buddies who at the time were ironically mostly Philipino and Lao from Cali. So we all had a love car imports and it just grew from there. So back in 98-02 Texas and Oklahoma were blowing up with the import scene so I fell right into it with the meets and HIN and Drag wars events. Hell thats where i got my screen name. I was always the token in the crew. Now if i lived in maybe say ATL or Alabama where a different car scene is popular i can bet you dont find many of us into imports.

2. It is a good networking avenue. It's good to see others that share the same hobbies as you because, it is rare. Kind of like Black dudes who snowboard, people raise a brow when they see me and "say I thought black dudes didnt like snow"

What I love about cali (i have lived here 8 years now) is I have friends from all walks of life and there seems to be little racism with people here (not like it was growing up on the east coast) Honda-Tech has brought alot of people together who probably would have never crossed paths before. I think your idea is good, you just have to make sure to not come accross as having a "black only thing" and im sure you will get the members you are looking for, hell im always trying to build up my "black friends list" lol naw but for real. I may not drive a honda anymore but im still down to meet new peeps and be in the company of people who love cars.

Keep us posted!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MugenEH3
Are you trying to network with the norcal area since youre posting in the norcal section? Because the fact of the matter is, is that there arent THAT many blacks who are into the import scene. Granted that there are some, its just not as many as you seem to want. And I don't mean to sound like an A-hole but why are you trying to network african americans? Are you just trying to create a connection with blacks? Because if they wanted to, than they would. You see a connection here with everyone else only because there are so many other races that are into it, but there are still TONS of people out there that arent on any network at all, black or not. The only reason you dont see a network with african americans is because there are so few, and even IF there are alot of them online, its not like theyre gonna point out that theyre black. If you're into the import scene than so be it, we're already a subculture as it is, you're just specifying it further down. Just my $.02, but good like with your goal here.
Well, thats a lot said. lol The reason im trying to create this network is to provide social support for African Americans that love this sport , like everyone that comments to my post say " there are not many of us ", I want the few of us that are involved in this sport to be able to network with one another. If your not african american and you want to be apart of this movement your welcome too ! Thanks for to comment.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1EK1EG
I could be wrong,but it seems like BIG EK is not really trying to promote seperation but possibly education? Being african american and into imports or what not is kind of a shock to people.They always assume I am something else and when we meet up for parts or what not,they are usually shocked at what they see.I personally enjoying meeting everyone,but it would be cool to meet the rare breed of african-americans out there.Its interesting as to how they became interested in imports because growing up for most is all about muscle cars,at least from my experience and my growing up.But yeah,keep me posted as to what your looking to achieve and what youve done so far,id like to check it out.
True im not trying to seperate anything, Im trying to network with the and the other African Americans that love what i do. Thanks for the comment.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Too all, I have a web site but im not allowed to post it ! got in trouble already ! Hit me up and ill send you the link or address !

email Blackjdm@gmail.com
Old 06-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also, I want this message to reach everyone across the world !
Old 06-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BIG_EK
My reason
When I attend Honda Meets in different city across so-cal I always come across the same thing! The absence of African American network within this large community of J.D.M lovers! I know that we exist in the worldwide love because I see us as I drive the street of Los Angeles! But where is our networking? I have decided to change this void! Some will say “ You’re just trying to create separation!” but I say, “I’m just trying to bring a source of networking among African American individuals who love this sport!” This movement is not something to be taken in a negative way and I welcome anyone who wants to be apart! I just want the African American individuals to come together and network.
This is my Statement!
Byron Dozier a.k.a Big_Ek

GTFO of here with that bull shh....

We don't need an uprising or a million man march..

and to the guy who says he doesn't see many black people in Daily City.. You don't have to, its full of Filipinos and a majority of them think they're black anyways. It all works the same.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by C9A1L1L
its full of Filipinos and a majority of them think they're black anyways.
Hahahaah, not so much anymore..everyone moved on to skinny jeans..

To TokenBlkGuy if you go a little bit towards SF/DC borderline theres tons of different races, very diverse in SF .

To OP, I'm Asian but I like your movement, reminds me of my one Black friend. He chills with all Asians & drives a dumped integra haha
Old 06-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and to the guy who says he doesn't see many black people in Daily City.. You don't have to, its full of Filipinos and a majority of them think they're black anyways. It all works the same.
Thanks for your feedback ! Look forward to see (blackjdm) in a city near you!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Word didn't even know about this but im interested in the site. Thats true though there isn't many blacks in the import scene everytime i come back to stockton i rarely see any. I ain't trippin though i ****s with the asians they always got them good *** deals or connects for ****...
Old 06-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats cause we asians steal hella parts and sell them hella cheap.

I'ma make an asian thief network. Get a bazaar going on, and hot spots for parts..

J/k

BLACK POWER
Old 06-22-2010, 09:12 PM
So what I drive a Volvo

lol okay Brah...
Old 06-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^Damn you look like Vince Carter in that pic
Old 06-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TightEyez
Hahahaah, not so much anymore..everyone moved on to skinny jeans..
They moved onto skinny jeans cause thats what all the black people started doin, duh lol.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They moved onto skinny jeans cause thats what all the black people started doin, duh lol.
Well im glad that this post has sparked some conversation ! C9A1L1L how do you feel race plays apart in the JDM world ? and how do you feel that you negative comments effect others ?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

growing up in daly city and having most of my family in hunters point. when i was younger all i wanted to do was race muscle cars because that is what my family did every weekend either on skyline, brotherhood or cargo off or 3rd street. But one i moved to stockton things changed everyone i meet raced imports so that is how i got into the game. I was usually the only black person racing. i understand what big ek is trying to do. there is very few of us in the import scene. Most people look at me funny when they see a lowered honda fit and then see a black dude driving, like i belong in a buick lesabre on 22's.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Always wondering, what's up with Fast and Furious with all them black people? Not to be racist but like you say, very few of them are into the sport. That just funny.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Lol"

Quick Reply: African American Networks !!!