Notices
Northeast Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont

2010 Black River Stages Car/Bike Rally - Northern NY

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 Black River Stages Car/Bike Rally - Northern NY

I wanted to let everyone know about a really cool event coming up in a couple of weeks. Also, I'm not affiliated with the event - I'm just a volunteer trying to spread the word, and trying to grow the sport!

Anyways! If you like Rally, this event is for you! Full details on being a spectator are available on on the website, but we're still in need of volunteers to work start/finish controls, as well as road marshals. Basically, your responsibility will be to set up the stages (courses) so the roads are closed, keep people off the stages when they're "hot", and tear down afterwards to reopen the roads.

Last year was my first time at this event as a marshal at one of the spectator areas, and it was an awesome time. Despite being stuck in the same spot most of the day, the people were great and the action was outstanding! Even got to "rescue" one of the bikes that went off the road after showboating for his family at the spectator area!

The event is held in Northern NY. Map of area: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...876709&t=h&z=7 For volunteers, the promoters have a fuel and lodging reimbursement fund set up to help with your costs (I got $20 last year for fuel).

If you're interested in volunteering or spectating, send me a message on here and I'll try to help you out, or just check out the site for information. Also, check out http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ages+2009&aq=f for videos from last year's event - including some cool in car footage from the drivers that will be there again this year.