Northeast Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont

***Northeast Chat/Lurk/Bickering Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Order of Merit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ***Northeast Chat/Lurk/Bickering Thread***

Originally Posted by hayabusa160
anyone know a tint shop that do like 70-75% tints?
i believe shades of gray would be able to do 70%, why do you want to stay with such a light tint?

nevermind, the lightest they go is 50%
Old 06-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 732xghost
speedy: the BENNY's have arrived!!!!

this weekend down the shore was nuts. gonna be a long summerrrr!
yeaaah can't use rt35 anymore, i've been scooting around on side streets lol i worked 62hrs thurs-mon :whirl: so i missed most of the really bad traffic
Old 06-01-2011, 07:52 AM
WestSPEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great news for the nwp/junk2 lovers in here..

https://honda-tech.com/forums/general-discussion-debate-40/do-you-have-what-takes-skunk2-certified-2942054/

GL!!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol KNOCKOFF PARTS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED
Old 06-01-2011, 10:23 AM
No Sales Forums

Location: Reading the Chronicles and Blowin Trees in Virginia

LOL Raza, you always come up with the most interesting/funniest ****.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea they did my car i called them up they stock 80% now im goin to have them do my windshield and rip the 40% off the front windows and put the 80% on there also.
its the llumar air 80 it blocks as much heat as the 40% but its clear.
i got tired of cops hassling me. i already got stopped twice in a years time.

Originally Posted by Chris.
i believe shades of gray would be able to do 70%, why do you want to stay with such a light tint?

nevermind, the lightest they go is 50%
Old 06-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 06-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by speedooo
yeaaah can't use rt35 anymore, i've been scooting around on side streets lol i worked 62hrs thurs-mon :whirl: so i missed most of the really bad traffic
i hear ya with the long hours. the new job has been killer.

i work in union now so i have to take 22 east to the turnpike to exit 11 and then route 9 through sayreville and old bridge and finally route 18 to get to belmar.

thats if i hear on 101.5 that theres traffic. otherwise i just take the straight shot from work or my house down the shore.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 06-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

whats up?
Old 06-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

does anyone have any time of shift ****? the one on my honda fit blows. the rubber around the **** is all ripped up.

i would like to have something passed down from a fellow NE HTer.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crazyjetsfan22
whats up?
not much. Just tryin to keep up with the ballers in this thread. Hows the hatch coming along?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pearl
does anyone have any time of shift ****? the one on my honda fit blows. the rubber around the **** is all ripped up.

why not just buy a new one?
Old 06-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ketchup!
why not just buy a new one?
because

Originally Posted by pearl
dumbass
Old 06-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lmao

Sitting in philly traffic ftl... I have a shift **** could give you. I'll be in pa until monday will be staying in Plymouth meeting
Old 06-02-2011, 01:49 PM
No Sales Forums

Location: Reading the Chronicles and Blowin Trees in Virginia

lulz.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nyrican23
not much. Just tryin to keep up with the ballers in this thread. Hows the hatch coming along?
its tough to keep up with all of them. Hatch is going slow waiting for my painter to finish my friends full respray and then i should have my car in there soon. Need to order coilovers and a bushing kit soon. Cant decide what coil overs i want.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Buddy Club N+!!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im stuck between PIC, buddy club and AMR
Old 06-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can tell you right now that AMR go decently low and handle pretty good but will ride like **** and their customer service is also pretty shitty since its such a small company. Jim told you PIC dont go very low at all, hes not even tucking tire and they ride kinda rough. Buddy Club have really good height adjustability, ride nice and can stiff up nice too. Not to mention its a product thats been tested a lot. SHG dudes love them and they work with a lot of different coilovers and I think they have a good idea with what is good and what isnt.

If its between those 3, its a nobrainer IMO. I was looking into PIC too but they're not worth the price IMO. If they were less, sure but theyre not. Honestly Function and Form Type 2s are prob better than those. Ive been in a car with them and they ride smooth yet handle good and go low as well. Don't think because they're made in Taiwan or whatever that they are cheap ****, not saying to get them but just pointing out that its not a **** product. Im pretty happy with my Type 1s in fact.

Have a read, this guy got AMR coilovers. http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=22382&page=2
PIC vs AMR http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=23879
Old 06-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had form and functions on my ej1. have them on my dc5. i like them
Old 06-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My friend has recently emailed AMR a few times and has received answers back with out a problem in regards for them building him coil overs. AMR does custom rates and are built when ordered so i would expect some time for receiving them. I have no personal expeirnece of the AMR's
Can you define ride like ****? Im sure a lot of people have preferences to what rates they are comfortable with and not. Marcin has 14k and 16k he loves it mean while others that have been in the car hate it.

I have been in 2 diff cars with PIC's. I know of two others who drag race with the higher rates and love them. They rode great when i was in the cars. I am not trying to lay frame and have a stupid low "dumped" ride height i need a functional ride height and K series oil pans dont like low. Jim has the older versions of the coil overs so i am not sure if that makes a difference in the height adjustment. Also those coil overs are used and the rates might not be ideal toward his liking. I told him to mess with the adjustments not sure if he did that yet when i last talked to him. I told him that i needed to take a ride in the car to see how i like the rates bc i wanted to do the same rates.

I have driven my friends RSX many times with his buddy clubs and they rode great. The car was also an 06 so it has new bushings and everything not like the old honda's. (I plan on doing bushings as soon as i get money to order them soon.) If you say the SHG guys have them then that must be the only choice then. Guess i have to ditch the K series too since its not purist to do cross chassis engine swaps
Old 06-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

PIC or Buddy Club N+, forget f2's...the OTS units are ridiculously soft and they feel rather sluggish. I've never had a problem with PIC's, never owned BCN+ so I can't comment on them.

Side note: I met somebody selling a seibon cf fugen lip for $100obo...i'm debating if I wanna scoop it up or not. It's listed for $333 on sale on clubep3.com, sounds like a good deal but IDK if I wanna rock it or not.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://player.vimeo.com/video/24626717
Old 06-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crazyjetsfan22
My friend has recently emailed AMR a few times and has received answers back with out a problem in regards for them building him coil overs. AMR does custom rates and are built when ordered so i would expect some time for receiving them. I have no personal expeirnece of the AMR's
Can you define ride like ****? Im sure a lot of people have preferences to what rates they are comfortable with and not. Marcin has 14k and 16k he loves it mean while others that have been in the car hate it.

I have been in 2 diff cars with PIC's. I know of two others who drag race with the higher rates and love them. They rode great when i was in the cars. I am not trying to lay frame and have a stupid low "dumped" ride height i need a functional ride height and K series oil pans dont like low. Jim has the older versions of the coil overs so i am not sure if that makes a difference in the height adjustment. Also those coil overs are used and the rates might not be ideal toward his liking. I told him to mess with the adjustments not sure if he did that yet when i last talked to him. I told him that i needed to take a ride in the car to see how i like the rates bc i wanted to do the same rates.

I have driven my friends RSX many times with his buddy clubs and they rode great. The car was also an 06 so it has new bushings and everything not like the old honda's. (I plan on doing bushings as soon as i get money to order them soon.) If you say the SHG guys have them then that must be the only choice then. Guess i have to ditch the K series too since its not purist to do cross chassis engine swaps
Well the AMRs do have their advantages, that they are custom built and use the HyperCoil spring which supposedly is high end stuff. I gotta go from what I hear since I've never had/been in a car with them. That guy game me some insight but I also have read about someone who bought some coilovers from him and they were super bouncy and rode terrible, even after he had made him another pair. Theres a lot of posts made by Andy(AMR) here on HT and on K20 so do some searching to help you make a decision on what to get.

The build quality is certainly good for the most part on them. I'm going by that guy's word though "ride like ****" is exactly what he said so take that for what it is lol. I mean everyone has diff tolerances for comfort and personally a comfy car is one that handles responsively, in that sense I'm happy with my Type 1s, not too stiff for daily driving yet pretty responsive and quick nimble on a turn. A pretty good balance IMO for a daily/occasional track/auto-x. A little rough of a ride since my bushings are shot but I have ridden in other EGs with better bushings and the car just feels really good, like dead on as far as comfort/handling goes.

So yeah with AMRs I feel theres lots of happy customers and a few not so much but read, the info is def there.

I like PICs a lot and I too like to ride at a reasonable height. Not too low, but pretty low is what I like. Just no wheel gap does it for me. PICs do that but thats about as far as it will go. Maybe you can preload it for more a little bit if it has room in the mount for the shock to go in. They handle amazing from what I have heard and always thought of it as top notch stuff, along with AMR. Both handle sick period. The fact that they ride a little rough kinda bummed me out bc I wanted the dampening to sort of take care of that for the streets. Then again Jim is using a sorta high rate so it is what it is. I'll have to see if I can get a ride in it.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, but it might have you feeling that something is missing, either height or comfort. Most of us in here are used to a stiffer suspension and don't mind, meanwhile some passengers I'm sure are hard to please but anyone that knows cars realize that it will have a firmer ride as opposed to a plush one. I like mine firm, not just rough which is diff. Think about what the diff there is. Maybe Jim feels theyre too firm, and not rough so its hard to mix up. Trying them out is the best you can do really before dropping that hard earned money.

I think suspension is more than just coilovers so yeah def do the bushings, you will love it. PICs are more durable with weather that changes a lot and have a little more give, I'd go with those. Hardrace is more for like similar weather all year round and for mostly track cars. Though all in all the differences are that much. The PICs will def last longer because they are forgiving as well. This is coming from Jason at Suja1, he mentioned this in the Brake thread on NWP.

Will with the EP3 also has N+ and he said they ride amazing and his height is on point and Im sure the handling is there too. Then again its a newer car so its hard to judge but I have heard mostly good reviews about them.

SHG guys have high standards so if they aprove of the N+, it counts for something =]

Cross chassis blasphemy! Oh my eyes they burn! Lol. Im down with B or K

Quick Reply: ***Northeast Chat/Lurk/Bickering Thread***