Notices
Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

Wouldn't suggest tunning AT Midwest Hybrid ! ! ! ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wouldn't suggest tunning AT Midwest Hybrid ! ! ! ! ! !

I just wanted anyone and everyone from around the Madison area, that i wouldnt suggest getting tuned by Midwest Hybrid ! !!

I got tunned there and everything seems to be fine from 2000-9000rpms, BUT from 0-1500rpms somthing is real messed up car chugs jolts and most of the time dies.

Talked to nate(owner) he said no problem he would fix it, since then he has never answered the phone or returns my calls when i leave mesg.. . .

Not saying its a bad shop, but just letting everyone in the area know that my tune is screwed and the service/ customer service/ warrantee for fixing there mistakes SUCK ! !!

i would highley suggest another shop !!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 09:17 AM
My old title sucked.

Default Re: Wouldn't suggest tunning AT Midwest Hybrid ! ! ! ! ! ! (Joeski99Si)

I have a feeling there are two sides to this story.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wouldn't suggest tunning AT Midwest Hybrid ! ! ! ! ! ! (LudeEFv2.4)

Originally Posted by LudeEFv2.4
I have a feeling there are two sides to this story.
I on this guys side Ive herd some pretty bad stuff about them they do some hack jobs from what ive seen.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wouldn't suggest tunning AT Midwest Hybrid ! ! ! ! ! ! (h-duced)

never got anything tuned there. but i do remember getting a b16 through them a few years ago and when i went to pick it up it didnt have the valve cover and said that they had never heard of swaps coming with valve covers needless to say that was the last time i ever went back there.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wouldn't suggest tunning AT Midwest Hybrid ! ! ! ! ! ! (stdefhatch)

Originally Posted by stdefhatch
never got anything tuned there. but i do remember getting a b16 through them a few years ago and when i went to pick it up it didnt have the valve cover and said that they had never heard of swaps coming with valve covers needless to say that was the last time i ever went back there.
lol they probably jacked your valve cover
Old 12-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

joeski99si-the tuner that did your car says he will fix whatever is wrong no charge, talked to him last weekend about a few that need more tuning so let me know asap. last i knew Jason was dealing with you on this so i left scheduling it in his hands. if there is something we can do call me (nate) and i will get it taken care of.

h-duced-hack jobs? mind explaining that a lil' bit?

stdefhatch_we sold you a b16 that was delivered to you without a valve cover and you took it? there has to be an explanation for this or you are posting random bullshit. i would like to know more about this. how about a name or invoice number. you can call me at 608.442.6390 10-8:30 m-sat or e-mail me at midwesthybrid_swap@yahoo.com
Old 12-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i tuned this car. sounds like you have a part throttle issue that may be caused by the IACV setting i used on your tune. if you want to set something up with nate i should be able to come in and fix it.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Snoochie Boochies
joeski99si-the tuner that did your car says he will fix whatever is wrong no charge, talked to him last weekend about a few that need more tuning so let me know asap. last i knew Jason was dealing with you on this so i left scheduling it in his hands. if there is something we can do call me (nate) and i will get it taken care of.

h-duced-hack jobs? mind explaining that a lil' bit?

stdefhatch_we sold you a b16 that was delivered to you without a valve cover and you took it? there has to be an explanation for this or you are posting random bullshit. i would like to know more about this. how about a name or invoice number. you can call me at 608.442.6390 10-8:30 m-sat or e-mail me at midwesthybrid_swap@yahoo.com

im just saying that i called you several times and you never returned any of my calls , you cant just say that you thought your shop hand was dealing with the problem . .. .

i stopped and talked to you and you said it wasn't problem, in which it shouldnt be it sounds like a real easy fix to me .. .
but you were suppose to call me , you never did! ! ! i called and left several mesg. and no response . . .

i talked to jason one time and he said you were dealing with some personal things so i left it go for a little while, he said he would make sure you would give me a call to fix the problem. i told him thats cool i understand people have other problems . . .
an i also told him that if i didnt hear back from you then i was gonna be pretty pissed off..
Old 12-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 92NoTeC
i tuned this car. sounds like you have a part throttle issue that may be caused by the IACV setting i used on your tune. if you want to set something up with nate i should be able to come in and fix it.
Nothing against you at all . . . i think you did a good job of tuning my car besides the one minor issue. . .the car runs strong ! ! ! the issue was setting something up with nate to get it fixed. . as you can see he was ignoring my phone calls.
this is just a minor problem and he wouldnt even take care of it . . . .
Old 12-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

we would be more than happy to set something up. it seems to have fallen between the cracks somehow, but there's no reason we will not take care of it. like i said you seemed to want to talk to Jason about your car's needs, since he works here he has the ability to schedule too. if that wasn't done its as simple as calling and setting it up. call us at 608.442.6390 or e-mail me at midwesthybrid_swap@yahoo.com.

weird how i/we have gotten no reply or explanation for the random comments...
Old 12-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Random coments ?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its fallen between the cracks because im not going to sit here and call you EVERYDAY untill one day all the sudden you want to take care of the problem after 3 months ! ! ! ! ! !

i souldnt have to call you 10 times. . . its funny how you didnt get my messages on your phone but you could find a random mesg. on honda tech about you. . . . hmmmm

so im not gonna sit here and argue about it . ..

but thats not how i wanna deal with business
Old 12-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no problem here, if you dont want it fixed or whatever, just thought id try.

l8r
Nate

i was hoping for some insight on the previous comments by h-duced/stdefhatch?
Old 12-15-2008, 07:13 PM

Nate, wondering if you could give me a quote for how much it would be for swapping the head on my b18 with a b16 making it an ls vtec and tuning it?please pm me.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

already fixed
Old 12-16-2008, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wamps98
Nate, wondering if you could give me a quote for how much it would be for swapping the head on my b18 with a b16 making it an ls vtec and tuning it?please pm me.
pm sent